Netoworking Problem

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Netoworking Problem
Date: January 20, 2007 07:15AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Righto...Now I've just spend $400 getting both my computers fixed, and the last 2 hours setting up one and doing all the networking funk. I've hit a snag thought.

The internet is connected to my PC via USB (I'm running XP Home SP2) and I want it to share to the other PC (Running XP Pro). Both PCs can see each other over the network..but I can't seem to get the Pro machine to connect to the internet. It says it has an internet gateway connected through my Home machine, but IE keeps bringing up 'Cannont Display Page' errors and MSN doesn't work. Is there some little magical setting that I'm missing, or is it one of those random MS Networking things..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Bernie.
Re: Netoworking Problem
Date: January 20, 2007 07:35AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Never mind...I seem to have changed something somewhere that makes it all work now..go figure.
Date: January 20, 2007 11:58AM
Posted by: Willb
I bet it was a firewall setting ;-).

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2007 11:58AM by Willb.
Date: January 20, 2007 03:37PM
Posted by: NickKK
Yeah I had a royal headache messing around with firewall settings when settign up my lan, problem fixed by getting a free firewall which works better than bloody Sygate :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy