Wired cheese eating rodent help

Posted by MarcLister 
Wired cheese eating rodent help
Date: December 28, 2006 02:47PM
Posted by: MarcLister
I'm writing this thread on my laptop which has a mousepad that doesn't work that well. At the moment every time I move the cursor its skidding around uncontrollably, probably an hangover from all the Christmas fromage.

Anyway I've decided I need some wired USB mice. A pack of three would be good: one for this laptop, a backup for my brother's wireless mouse considering he breaks everything and a backup for my PC at Uni.

My brother and I both agree a wired mouse would be a good backup solution since we take annoying things like battery strength and wireless reception out of the equation at a time when, if we are using them, we are likely to be rather peeved with whatever has broken.

I'd prefer them to be USB if possible so we can just plug them into a front USB socket rather than look for the exact location of the PS/2 socket and orientate the ruddy PS/2 plug the right way.

So far I've found a pretty decent deal on Dabs.com, a 3 pack of MS optical mice. I believe they are USB but if not they're PS/2 with USB adapters which suits me.

I can get 3 basic optical mice for £14.48 which to me is a bargain, less than a fiver for each one. I've found other packs of mice for about £20 but they only had 2 mice so were a crap deal in comparison.

So apart from [www.dabs.com] does anyone know of any other 3 pack deals for a similar or better price?
Re: Wired cheese eating rodent help
Date: December 28, 2006 02:52PM
Posted by: danm
3 for £2.50 Dell Mice :P

[www.amazon.com]

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 28, 2006 02:54PM
oh and these are cheap!

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Date: December 28, 2006 02:54PM
Ooh nice find Dan. Wouldn't I have to pay for delivery from the US though?
Date: December 28, 2006 02:56PM
I'd rather have normal sized mice cheers Dan. My Mum uses this laptop when I'm at Uni and I doubt she'd get on with a mini mouse nor would my brother. Nor would I for that matter.
Date: December 28, 2006 02:58PM
the dell ones are full size - postage is only a few pounds too

Date: December 28, 2006 02:59PM
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the dell ones are full size - postage is only a
> few pounds too

From the US? How long would it take? I'd like to get them here before I go back to Uni on January 6th so I've got my backup mouse with me.
Date: December 28, 2006 03:05PM
ahh right in that case go for the dabs deal then. Ordering from the US *could* take a few weeks. It says the longest time so you arent left disappointed.

Mind you that said, ive ordered from Amazon USA and the item arrived in about a week or so, so I was well chuffed.

Date: December 28, 2006 03:06PM
Hmm yeah in terms of time there is a fair amount, its the time of year thats the problem for internal UK deliveries let alone international ones.
Date: December 28, 2006 06:37PM
Woot crisis over. Found an old wireless rodent and some batteries that work. Might still get the mice but its not so urgent now.

Its a weird feeling using an MS mouse again after using my Logitech in Salford. Just wondered if people here use normal mice or gaming versions? My Logitech has a weird and annoying double click problem that comes and goes. If I still suffer that when I get back to Uni in January I might be in the market for a new mouse, so I'm open to suggestions for gaming mice.
Date: December 28, 2006 08:00PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I have a Mac Mighty Mouse, which is cool, but to be honest the one click thing is really annoying me, OSX actually does work better with 2 buttons iimo!

Those microsoft 3 pack mice are very good everyday mice - used to have one of those.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy