gpgames on nokia n80....

Posted by NeilPearson 
gpgames on nokia n80....
Date: December 18, 2006 03:15PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I was bored today at work, and i wasnt near a pc so i used my new phone to view gpgames and in the top left on this forum it actuay tells me who posted last. i thought it might be a new feature of the forum, but its not here on my pc :\

anyone else tried this or noticed it?

Re: gpgames on nokia n80....
Date: December 18, 2006 11:28PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Well I don't have a phone capable of this so I can't see the mobile version. I definitely can't see it on my PC for the Off-topic forum. On the main forum page [www.grandprixgames.org], I can see the latest thread titles but not who has posted them.

And anyways LIAR LIAR BUMS ON FIRE!!, you weren't at work today. You were rubbing the salt, pepper and chilli powder into my patriotic Englishmans' wounds. :(
Date: December 19, 2006 12:01AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
i splashed a bit of vinegar into them too
Date: December 19, 2006 02:44AM
haha that was after work and it was alot of fun

Date: December 19, 2006 12:57PM
Posted by: Muks_C
bah, who expected us to win anyway? we're a nation with a happy-to-be-second-at-anything culture.

i read somewhere that when Aus lost last time, they were vilified in the press, but now when England return unvictorious, they'll probably get a heroes welcome and a million excuses in the press why they didn't win.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 19, 2006 01:02PM
Heroes welcome?! What have you been smoking? Or you still hungover from the Birthday party?
Date: December 19, 2006 01:11PM
no, but the attitude to them is like "ah, at least they were second".

when it was reported on the radio yesterday that we had lost, the English correspondent in Aus said that they were an embarassment to our country and they should all stay there, and that it was no good for the cricket-playing youngsters in this country watching them play like that.

if Brazil or Australia lose in football or cricket, respectively, they are absolutely slaughtered by the media. here, anyone loses or doesn't even get very far in a tournament or competition, and we get so many excuses as to why they didn't win or progress further, that's the difference in cultures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2006 01:11PM by Muks_C.
Date: December 19, 2006 01:34PM
Yes there are differences in cultures but we won't welcome them as heroes. We'll be pretty upset that they capitulated in 3 tests. I think with us we don't expect to do well, so our culture is looking at why we didn't go as far as we wanted to where as Brazil or Australia ARE expected to go that far so when they don't, there aren't any excuses so they do villify the sports teams in the press.
Date: December 19, 2006 02:47PM
well, let's just see how they are treated when they return, see how many people greet them at the airport.

on a separate note, anyone find it strange that England and Australia are always the finalists? ;)

Date: December 19, 2006 03:39PM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well, let's just see how they are treated when
> they return, see how many people greet them at the
> airport.
>
> on a separate note, anyone find it strange that
> England and Australia are always the finalists? ;)

I hope your joking ;)

anyway our press isnt so hard on the players afaik but i stay away from the news and newspapers, i hate them.

Date: December 19, 2006 07:58PM
no, i'm deadly serious ;)

same with Oxford and Cambridge, they always get to the final of the university boat race, but the qualifying and knock-out races are never televised.

me thinks there's some conspiracy going on, it's definitely fishy, same with the teams in the Ashes ;)

Date: December 20, 2006 12:54AM
too many freakin' ;)s!
Date: December 20, 2006 03:37AM
ah... you do realise that the ashes is a test series for australia and england only.:)there are no finals... its just the 5 games and who wins the most wins the series...

Date: December 20, 2006 06:45AM
he was being facetious
Date: December 20, 2006 02:33PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
> ah... you do realise that the ashes is a test
> series for australia and england only.:)there are
> no finals... its just the 5 games and who wins the
> most wins the series...

Haha. England 1-0 Australia in the confusing the enemy contest. I think Muks knows the Ashes is a strictly Pommie/Aussie affair.
Date: December 20, 2006 03:10PM
Marc is right, 1-0 to the Empire vs the Colonies :)

most of my family from my dads side (his brothers, sister, parents, and so all my cousins) live in Perth, so they, especially my cricket-loving uncle, always have a dig at us when they beat us, so it was a nice change 18 months ago when we won.

but i await his sarcastic remarks in my inbox, surprised he hasn't said anything yet...

and of course i know about the history of The Ashes, i was just messing, that's why i added the uni boat race thing, to make it clear in case anyone though i was being serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2006 03:18PM by Muks_C.
Date: December 20, 2006 03:24PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> but i await his sarcastic remarks in my inbox,
> surprised he hasn't said anything yet...

Spam filters for the win. ;-)

Email originating location = australia + topic containting keywords: ashes, cricket, we won, you lost and email destination = england = result: we don't want to give you that!!

:)
Date: December 20, 2006 08:57PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
We may have won, but the urn will still travel back to Lords after the end of the 5th Test.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy