VT Racing's Final 2006 Outing & a Live Video Broadcast

Posted by Glyn 
VT Racing's Final 2006 Outing & a Live Video Broadcast
Date: December 15, 2006 08:32PM
Posted by: Glyn
It's VT Racing's final 2006 outing tomorrow, at the fantasy track Fasturd. Fantasy it may be, but it's actually an insanely quick track and excellent fun :D No video this time I'm afraid (I got pwned enough last time thanks :P) but as well as our usual radio natter being broadcast on [racing.vadertrophy.com] SSCA will also be doing their full video broadcast like they did at Watkins Glen. Basically it's a video stream from inside the game with full commentary. The Glen effort was very good actually so this one should be better, and the race is a lot shorter too at under 4 hours. Their website is [www.rlmtv.com] if you're interested. The race gets under way at 11:00 am (U.S. Eastern Time), which should be 4pm GMT. Our radio broadcast will probably be up all morning with the most pointless radio chatter you'll ever hear, but the video broadcast should start when the race gets under way I think.

Fingers crossed :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2006 01:51PM by Glyn.
Re: VT Racing's Final 2006 Outing & a Live Video Broadcast
Date: December 16, 2006 02:54PM
Rich has decided he's not going to broadcast the team radio as RLMTV is a lot better ;)

[www.rlmtv.com] and click on 'launch media window' in the top right and a popup should appear with the video stream from 4pm GMT. I can't get it to work in Firefox myself but IE works.

A lap for those interested :)

Right Click, Save As - 30mb (1:51 minutes) Encoded with DivX 5.2.1

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
nil interest esben.

good luck everyone but glyn.

if i wasnt drunk right now id participate

Date: December 16, 2006 05:40PM
45 mins of delays to get the race under way! I guess the broadcast will be starting in 5 mins or so.

Date: December 16, 2006 05:59PM
Posted by: gav
Watching the broadcast now.

The 64 car just "pounded the wall!" Damn Americans ;)

Good luck guys!

Awesome looking battle for the lead at the moment. 4 cars swapping positions. :D

I presume it's Rich in VTR1 who's latched onto the end of that line now. All 4 VTR cars in the top 10, and the commentators were just bigging them up :)

And a major pile-up in the esses... no leaders involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2006 06:05PM by gav.
Date: December 16, 2006 06:38PM
Posted by: gav
Commentator 1: "It looks like it's Richard Dickson in the car at the moment - he's also the team owner. No doubt about it, these guys are the team to beat in SSCA."

Commentator 2 (also a driver): "You know, when we were looking at testing here, we found a setup tweak that we though would let us be on the leaders pace. Right now, it looks like we're going to be 4 laps down at the end of this thing."

I'll admit that watching on TV, you see why Rich is so fast... it's scary the accuracy with which he puts it around the track, while still being absolutely nailed on it. You don't really appreciate it when you're comparing laps.

Anyway...
VTR1: 1st
VTR2: 2nd
VTR3: 7th
VTR4: 10th

Quite enjoying my race off :)
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Commentator 1: "It looks like it's Richard Dickson
> in the car at the moment - he's also the team
> owner. No doubt about it, these guys are the team
> to beat in SSCA."
>
> Commentator 2 (also a driver): "You know, when we
> were looking at testing here, we found a setup
> tweak that we though would let us be on the
> leaders pace. Right now, it looks like we're going
> to be 4 laps down at the end of this thing."
>
> I'll admit that watching on TV, you see why Rich
> is so fast... it's scary the accuracy with which
> he puts it around the track, while still being
> absolutely nailed on it. You don't really
> appreciate it when you're comparing laps.
>
> Anyway...
> VTR1: 1st
> VTR2: 2nd
> VTR3: 7th
> VTR4: 10th
>
> Quite enjoying my race off :)

Thanks Gav, glad you enjoyed watching as much as we enjoyed driving it! :) I can't wait to watch the broadcast myself when they've archived it. Not seen so much as a second of it.

Along with Esben's jag lap, here's my pb lap from private practice:

[vadertrophy.com]

We finished off:

VTR1 1st
VTR2 3rd
VTR3 6th
VTR4 8th
Date: December 17, 2006 10:52PM
Posted by: cynic
Nice job guys!

Rich, please post a link to the broadcast when it is archived so I can have a look. I didn't get chance to watch any yesterday.

Pretty sweet yet again, guys! :D
I really hope that GTP mod comes out for rFactor someday because it just seems so nice in NR2003.. especially when being driven by some wacky people ;)
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty sweet yet again, guys! :D
> I really hope that GTP mod comes out for rFactor
> someday because it just seems so nice in NR2003..
> especially when being driven by some wacky people
> ;)

it wouldnt be anywhere near as good in rFactor compared to how it is now.

the physics would change considerably and ruin it.

I imagine you'd have issues with the front wheels feel and something else about tyres, isn't it?
just general feedback with the car.

compared to NR2003 rF has no feedback, as glyn puts it, "it feels like there is a plane of glass between the tyres and the road" or something similar he says :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy