Great News for my Rugby Team

Posted by Wirah 
Re: Great News for my Rugby Team
Date: December 15, 2006 03:43PM
Posted by: Covfan
I think what the people on the radio are afraid of is the seriousness of these murders being devalued. "Oh, they're only prostitutes, who cares about them anyway, they deserve it" There's a fear that this could become the general attitude of the public, which would be a disgrace, nobody deserves to be murdered, regardless of what their job is.
Date: December 15, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: matt3454
how about if their job is a professional mass muderer?

Date: December 15, 2006 04:18PM
Posted by: Morbid
That is messed up too. Sympathy has never been increased by decreasing peoples awareness and exposure to the conditions of those groups that are different. Quite contrary, the more you interact with those that live lives that are vastly different from your own, the more you experience first hand, that they aren't as different, and just as human as you, after all.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 15, 2006 05:15PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i agree with your post on the previous page, Morbid.

and Covfan, yes, that's what those callers to the debate said, they felt the victims' murders were being de-valued by calling them prostitutes.

but it has to be made clear who they were, as there is such a clear pattern as to who is being targetted. maybe they could phrase it as "5 women who work as prostitutes, were murdered..." instead of just saying "5 prostitutes murdered", but they must use that word in one way or another so everyone knows who is under threat.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 15, 2006 05:47PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
@Muks_C and gav: She's not, thankfully. She was just very apprehensive is all.

My personal opinion is that they catch the evil b*****d soon, cause the frequency of this is alarming. Plus, he's defamating the nice Suffolk countryside. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: December 15, 2006 10:08PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Personally, I couldn't care what they do for a living - no one chooses prostitution because it appeals to them - but a number of similar, linked murders is pretty terrifying.

Also shows how easy it would be to to commit crimes in rural areas, tbh.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy