Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah you are right Zeppelin101. When I switched
> from non-FFB to FFB, the exact same thing
> happened. I got worse. Now switching off the FFB
> just feels wrong, lol. Actually every time I
> switched wheels (4th time now) I got worse until I
> adjusted.

i been the same with about the 7 wheels i had over time, except with the G25, i was instantly as good, if not better, i suppose its due to my old wheel (DFP) being kinda the same, tho more crappy.

anyway its a really great thing your doing here morbid, got me wanting to do the same now with my old momo racing... ill wait to you have done if i do tho :)

Okay I think I am ready to suggest a proposal. This model for solution is what you could call everybody gets something.

We have a list of 4 people that are interested. In quick summary:

1) Willb, has a MS wheel that is going downhill, lives in England.
2) matt3454, is a student, has never had a wheel, willing to chip in on P+P, lives in England.
3) turkey_machine, has tried ps2 wheels but does not have one, willing to chip in on P+P, lives in England.
4) senninho, got hosed on a wheel, lives in England.

IMHO, the kind of person I was looking for is hands-down Matt3454. He is a student and can't afford a wheel, and he has never had one. I have been a student for almost 11 years now, and I know how hard it can be to make ends meet, unless your parents are paving the way. Since he doesn't have a wheel, they clearly aren't. The Logitech Formula Force GP goes to him.

Now I am not done yet. Not by a long shot.

Willb, don't you throw that MS wheel away. My first wheel was a Sidewinder (non-FFB) and that was one hell of a good wheel. I am convinced that Logitech wheels do not match up, unless you are going for black Momo or better. The cable you need is not a RJ45, but a cable with RJ14 plugs in both ends (4 connectors in each plug):

For some odd reason, I had my MS sidewinder pedal base in my attic. The pedals themselves don't work anymore, since I broke the springs and tore up some wiring. But the RJ14 cable, the authentic MS part, is perfectly fine. If you want it, so you can keep chugging with the MS wheel you already have, it is yours.

turkey_machine, you would be my runner-up for the The Logitech Formula Force GP. I don't have 2 of them, but I do have a Formula Force EX which is also a good wheel. I am not parting with that until I am perfectly satisfied that my G25 is in good working order, so if you want that, you are going to have to wait a few weeks. I have had some spiking on the steering with it, but I am pretty much convinced it is a issue with my configuration, as I have not seen anyone who has a remotely similar problem. If not, the warranty from Logitech runs out in early February, so you can RMA it directly to Logitech and get a new one.

senninho, I don't have any more wheels, however, both matt3454 and turkey_machine said they would not mind pitching in on p+p. If we assume they would pay for half the p+p, then that amounts to some 20£. I don't want nor do I need their money, but you might. It would cover some of your losses for buying the wrong wheel, or flip it around, take you half-way to the kind of wheels that are being given out here.

So... improved suggestions are welcome, but otherwise - are we in agreement, gentlemen?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 03:50PM by Morbid.
lol morbid you're like a saint :|

Re: You want a FFB wheel but can't afford it - then look here!
Date: November 03, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: DC
That sort of generosity just isn't normal these days! Kudos Morbid...

Either that or he's done soemthing really... really... bad, and is just trying to balance his karma!
yeah that certainly isn't normal, nor is the fact that only so few people "signed up" to get his wheel. i thought for sure lots more people would wan't to get the wheel and perhaps even start lieing to get it..

Thank you, that is very kind words :)

If I should take that at face value, I would quote the Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi; For it is in giving that we receive.

Perhaps I could be promoted to Saint, and then I could get a large city named after me on the west coast of America. Hmm... San Morbid, sounds kinda cool :)

Seriously though, I hope there is nothing exceptional about what I am doing. I have received in the same fashion, and sometimes a lot more, from others, both in my offline life and from people here. Both Vader and Ellis have been very helpful and generous at times when I really needed some help. In fact it was in conversation with Dave I got this idea. As far as I know, he got his first wheel in the very same way.

So either, I am no better than my brothers and others can do this too, or this place has a large collection of unrecognized saints ;-). I would hope it is the former, as I certainly do have my human failings, and bad pieces of karma to deal with. GPG is a community. Giving and sharing is what makes this place work. And in the end of the day, it not like I donating one of my kidneys.

I'll be top of the list for the kidney ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 05:17PM by DC.
Quoting a certain Simpsons character: Okely-dokely-do!

I'll be waiting patiently for you to receive the G25. Reviews I've read have given it high scores, and I know you paid good money for it. ;-)

I can work with the suggestion for senninho to relieve him of some burden on getting shafted with the wheel.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

unless my ability to read has gone wrong and i have missed it, where does it says Turkey Machine has tried 2 PS2 wheels?

i think you're thinking of me Morbid, I said i have 2 wheels but am rubbish with them, on the previous page.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Thanks for the help Muks_C. Your eyes don't fail you, but there is nothing wrong either. I had a pm conversation with turkey_machine, where some info was presented that you only find in my summary.

Speaking of which, turkey_machine good that you are willing to join the club of saints and will pitch in for senninho. I was debited for the G25 today, so it should have left the shop. So if all is well, it will be here tomorrow or monday.

no problem, just thought i should inform you in case you thought you read my story as someone elses :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Actually not strictly true, I own a PS2 wheel but won't use it because it's s**te. I tried a mate's wheel, but that was just as bad in GP3. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

I had a bad childhood, you know ... my father was a verger and my mother left us 3 weeks before my birth ... don't think too bad of me, my nails are broken and the coughing is getting worse ... ;)

NAH, just joking.

Morbid really is a saint.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
After last night.....I'll take the kidney ;-)
Nice work Morbid.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thanks for your kindness Morbid, How much of the postage would you want me to pay?

great work morbid.

Ill have a look into the cable and see how much one from a uk supplier would cost and ill get back to you if thats okay :) .

Amazing generosity :) !

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Nice offer Morbid, good to see this kinda generosity. Restores your faith in mankind

Looking at the jack Willb, I reckon you could get away with some ethernet cable and the necessary jacks, but you'd need the crimpers to make the cable. :(

Hehehe... the G25 arrived today. Uhhh me likes that wheel. This will definately hurt my studies in the coming weeks, lol.

Getting back on track.

Willb, that is fine. The cable is yours if you want it. If I send it as a letter, the shipment costs will be around 2-3£. See if you can do better than that ;-)

turkey_machine and Matt3454, I will need mailing adresses from both of you. Be sure to get it right so the package comes around your doorstep, instead of coming back to mine! Please send the mailing adresses to me via PM. I have tested both wheels, and they are working fine, so they should serve you guys well. turkey_machine, the G25 is working fine, so I will probably be shipping the Formula Force EX very soon, if not on the same day as the Formula Force. I still need to find the proof of purchase though.

Here they are:

Regarding your share of the p+p, I reckon I will pay half or a bit more, so you will both need to let go of a few quid. 10£ tops. As I stated earlier in the thread, I don't want your money, but senninho might, so he also can get a proper wheel. I will try and get that sorted soon.

Thanks for taking part btw. I am very happy with how this turned out. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy