you come see my movie film?!

Posted by danm 
Re: you come see my movie film?!
Date: November 01, 2006 11:48PM
Posted by: Muks_C
if you dislike Borat, you simply are missing the joke. it's not the funny/silly stuff he says or does (although most of that is funny), it's the stuff he entices out of his interview subjects that makes him genius.

same with Bruno and Ali G.

and anyone in the UK, "Borat's Television Programme", 2 parts that make a 1hr 30min show is on from 11.05pm till 12:35am. tonight on channel 4. it's about his early days as a tv presenter/reporter.

actually, just watching it, it seems like just all the Borat bits from the normal Ali G shows, not new stuff, although i'm not sure, some things seem familiar, others don't, so it might be new stuff.

there's some Bruno stuff in it now, but i don't think i've seen if before.

actually i have seen it, Bruno asks a pastor "you've never had a walk on the brown side?" and if he can lapdance for him.

i think it's basically all the stuff from "Ali G in Da USAiii" minus the Ali G bits.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2006 12:47AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 02, 2006 11:37AM
Posted by: mortal
Borat is a comic genius, it's the effect he has on people by what he does and says that's funny, it's a must see. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 02, 2006 10:11PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro

throw the jew down the well! ;)
Date: November 02, 2006 10:15PM
Posted by: ralphi
those american's really seemd to get in to the song... that's just freaky... i don't think they realised that he was joking!

and omg at the comments below...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2006 10:16PM by ralphi.
Date: November 02, 2006 10:23PM
Posted by: Vader
Even though I don't know him, I think if you have to call yourself "Comedy Dave" to make sure people get what you are doing it says a lot about your comical abilities.

Borat is cool though.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 03, 2006 06:31PM
Posted by: LS.
i think the "Comedy" Dave tag is irony, when i've listened to the Chris Moyles show on Radio 1 Dave has been anything but funny.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 06:31PM by LS..
Date: November 03, 2006 06:34PM
Posted by: LS.
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Borat is cool though.

:)

Jakshemash!!

:)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 03, 2006 08:11PM
on Scott Mills' show today they played clips of that guy from the cinema whose voice is heard when you ring the cinema to find out what movies are on. he did the worst Borat impression ever, and he said "if my movie is not success, i will be executed", we all knows it's just "execute"!!!

some clips of him at the 2005 MTV EMA's:

[url=

]Intro to the show[/url] (lol at "Charles Barkley";)

[url=

]He meets Chris Martin from Coldplay[/url]

[url=

]interupting Foo Fighters[/url] (Dave calls him "Bow Rat";)

[url=

]Backstage[/url]

[url=

]Pimp My Ride parody[/url]

most of the vids have been removed due to copyright infringements.

i missed the bit where he called Madonna a singing transvestite, and called the Pussycat Dolls a bunch of international singing prostitutes.

and in case some of you haven't seen Bruno, here are 3 clips:

[url]

[/url]

[url]

[/url]

[url]

[/url]

[hr]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Muks_C/MS92_Monaco97.jpg[/IMG]
[color=blue]RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael[/color][/center]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 08:17PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 11, 2006 05:10PM
2 lads are suing the makers of the movie (from [news.bbc.co.uk])

Two US students are suing a film studio claiming they were duped into appearing in spoof movie Borat starring Sacha Baron Cohen as a Kazakh journalist.

The unknown plaintiffs are seen making sexist and racist remarks in Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

Legal papers said the two men "engaged in behaviour that they otherwise would not have engaged in".

Spokesman for 20th Century Fox Gregg Brilliant said the case "has no merit".

The men are identified in the film as two fraternity members from a South Carolina university.

'Humiliation'

They are not named in the case "to protect themselves from any additional and unnecessary embarrassment".

According to legal documents, a production crew took the pair to a bar to drink and "loosen up" before taking part in a documentary they were told would be shown outside the US.

The film "made plaintiffs the object of ridicule, humiliation, mental anguish and emotional and physical distress, loss of reputation, goodwill and standing in the community," the papers stated.

British comedian Cohen appears in the film as an apparently naive reporter whose enthusiastic offensiveness either leaves his US interviewees in shock, or persuades them to reveal a little too much of their own prejudices.

As well as Fox, the two men are also suing three other production companies.

The film is currently at the top of the box office charts in North America and the UK.

------------------------------

they thought it wouldn't been shown in the US, so they engaged in the antics. it shouldn't make a difference or not IMO, you can't be offensive just because you think your own country people won't see it.
but the film makers are to blame also if they lied to them, and got them drunk before filming.

Date: November 12, 2006 01:40AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
who cares if they got them drunk? alcohol just doesn't create racism/homophobia etc, it's gotta be there to begin with
Date: November 12, 2006 01:42AM
Posted by: anze89
I've just seen the movie, I think it's great, I especially like the part when he comes with his sh!t in a bag and asks what to do with it. Does anyone know if the scene with Pamela Anderson was played or did she really not know what Borat was going to do?

Date: November 12, 2006 02:51AM
Posted by: danm
she knew 100% and it was staged.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 12, 2006 05:19AM
Posted by: HakkF1
didn't i get the one replay for the same thread

==============================
Date: November 12, 2006 07:36AM
if you're referring to...

Re: (Funny captions)
Date: November 02, 2006 12:01AM
Posted by: HakkF1 (IP Logged)

i saw those called Borat on (the insider)as i understood,he is an american,with a new movie to come out,he acts as Kazachstanian in his semi-realty movie i guess.and in his next movie he will be vitnamies or something,i think he is stupid and boring.

...then you really are starting to piss me off. Must every thread be compared to what you have and haven't done? You put one post in an F1 captions thread, and you're accusing us of posting too much in this one instead?

Why are people so dumb ><
Date: November 12, 2006 11:03AM
Posted by: TC
Every country gets jokes made about them, but obviously some people just can't take it..

Hes from England too, not America.
Date: November 12, 2006 01:54PM
Posted by: Morbid
Damn funny, but also pretty scary that the can get all those americans to sing along like that!

He gets it done here too though:

Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

>
> throw the jew down the well! ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2006 01:57PM by Morbid.
Date: November 12, 2006 02:22PM
Posted by: Zcott
I thought this was an excellent film. I really enjoyed it. A lot of cringeing went on, in particular at the rodeo scene and at the dinner party!

Apparently the big with Pamela Anderson was scripted but only a little bit. She knew something was going to happen but wasn't sure what. That's what I heard, anyway.

The only other scripted bits were the bear scaring off the kids from the ice cream van, and the whole idea of going with the frat boys. That was planned but all of the content in it was totally unscripted and they weren't in on it. They were just told he was making a documentary and they needed to "pick him up" from the side of the road.

Date: November 12, 2006 04:10PM
@ Mika Halpinen, no, HakkF1 is referring to this thread he started: [www.grandprixgames.org]

i think the point he is making is that he started a thread also about Borat, yet had no interest in it by anyone, but everybody is posting in this thread instead.

but i think it makes sense to continue in this thread, because it was started first and has already had more interest in it, and is all about Borat's movie. there was no need for him to start another thread about the same thing.

and also i agree that racism/homophobia is already inside a person, so being drunk won't magically add it to a persons personality. but it's not right if they held back some details and where the movie would be shown and got them drunk to make them look worse. some of the subjects reveal so much without any drink, so i don't think it was needed (if it's true).

Date: November 13, 2006 03:15AM
that's actually even worse than the post I thought he was talking about ;) that was after this one started! oh dear.

but muks why would getting drunk make them look worse? you've contradicted yourself by saying that AND that alcohol doesn't add racism etc to a personality
Date: November 13, 2006 04:05AM
Posted by: danm
ok.... HakkF1 because i

am your biggest fan i have written

my post in the same style that i

hope you understand it clearer :) jejejeje!

the reason only one reply in your thread?

WE ALREADY HAVE ONE OPEN HERE!

why stop here and post in that thread? no reason... ;-)

1) borat topic already exists

2) this thread is active

3) many people already are reading this thread

4) a new thread on borat is just a repeat, no need

5) your comment could easily just be added to this thread

6) a new thread REALLY doesnt need to be started to tell us your opinion.

conclusion - time for bed!

nite!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy