R.I.P Steve Irwin

Posted by Sil3nt-War 
Re: R.I.P Steve Irwin
Date: September 04, 2006 04:33PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
extremely sad - he was a great australian!
:(

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 04, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: mika19b
R.I.P. Steve Irwin

You will never be forgotten.

R.I.P.
Date: September 04, 2006 05:48PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: September 04, 2006 06:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
such a shame this post has to excist...can't beleieve a guy with such a passion
for life is gone..... such a shock to see the news...
i feel sorry for his wife & kids ..rip.. steve
Date: September 04, 2006 07:00PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: September 04, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: Nickv
Paul, check PMs please :)
Date: September 04, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: mwb
RIP Steve. Top bloke and cared deeply about his "work". Although he loved it so much I'm sure he didn't think of it as work.

Condolences to his family.
Date: September 04, 2006 07:45PM
Posted by: tripleM
Very sad.

RIP

Date: September 04, 2006 08:33PM
Posted by: gin
cool guy. But it was coming to him.....although never would have thought that he would meet his maker through a sting ray.... :-/

I wonder if on Austrailian TV soap "Neighbours" they will change that kids nick from "stingray" to something else now?!

Date: September 05, 2006 12:10AM
Posted by: marcl
thought he was a great guy that helped people get close to animals which he loved and was great at getting through to kids and done so so much.

shame what happened think he will be missed alot his shows were the best
Date: September 05, 2006 06:21AM
Posted by: Eagle
I still can't get over it...he seemed so confident around wild animals....how the hell does a man, who is so fearless hanging around deadly crocs, wind up getting killed by a (relatively) harmless stingray??

RIP Steve Irwin...

Like a lot of people on this forum, my heart goes out for his family....his wife, daughter Bindy and lil baby Bob.

Sad day in Australian history.
Date: September 05, 2006 07:18AM
Posted by: gareth
Reports have it that pretty much if it had got anywhere else but where it did, eg his leg or even stomach, he would have survived.

And apparently his final actions were to pull the barb out of his own chest, which says a lot about the man.

A very sad and tragic end to what was a brilliant life.
Date: September 05, 2006 07:37AM
Posted by: Guimengo
hopefully he didn't have time to feel much pain
Date: September 05, 2006 02:51PM
Posted by: marcl
they are going to let the public see the video of what happened.

they say he was about the ray and the camera man was in front to it could have felt trapped.

But it does go to show if your time is up its up.
Date: September 05, 2006 03:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I just came accross this, a bit silly but I smiled :)

[hunterjedispirit.ytmnd.com]
Date: September 05, 2006 04:26PM
Posted by: mikef1
A real-life Tarzan of the outback. His enthusiasm and knowledge about nature was amazing. He'll be sorely missed.
RIP
Date: September 05, 2006 08:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
there's another wildlife loving man like Steve, called Rob Bredl, some of his shows i've seen on the Discovery channel are ace. he's not flamboyant like Steve with his actions or his talking, but he does a lot of the same stuff with snakes and crocs etc.

and what was that film about the man who was very interested in bears? it was out recently, and was all about him observing bears in nature, but he got killed by one.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 05, 2006 09:46PM
Posted by: LS.
He was eaten alive apparently

nice way to go

Not!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 05, 2006 10:30PM
Posted by: Vader
Found this post of a native Australian on another forum and it pretty much sums up what I think - I remember having an Irvin siggy a few years ago and not all Aussies on these boards agreed with it. ;)

Thousands of upon thousands of people die each and every day. Yes Irwin is dead and yes it is a tragedy for his family and he was too young to die, but young children are dying in africa every day and no one seems to care. I'm sorry, but if you asked a lot of people in Australia what they thought of Irwin a few days ago, most would of told you that he was a dickhead who put his baby at risk and made most Australians seem like thick morons with the language he used. Now that the guy is dead, a lot of people are letting their emotions getting the better of them and forgetting what they thought of him a few days ago. He did a lot of great things for animals, for Australia and the world and of course he deserves to be recognized. All I'm trying to say is that its okay to recognize the guy, just don't carry on like you know him and take his death too far. Having said that RIP.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 05, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Timothy Treadwell?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy