Tiger Woods is a jerk

Posted by Guimengo 
Tiger Woods is a jerk
Date: August 18, 2006 11:02PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So Tiger Woods reserved all rooms in The Lodge Hotel in Oak Brook, but a friend of my dad's friend from work was working out there and saw Tiger, went up to him and asked why he worked out so much (he's in that place every now and then), to which Tiger replies, "to run away from people like you."

Lovely, isn't it? What an incredible @#$%&, the guy didn't want an autograph or anything and the guy goes and says something ludicrous like that.
Re: Tiger Woods is a jerk
Date: August 18, 2006 11:21PM
Posted by: ralv585
i dont want to sound cruel, but if you ask an athlete why they work out, then you're bound to get a response like that.

but then again, there's no need to say something like that, its something to do with the most famous stars ultra ego, they think people are beneath them.

Date: August 18, 2006 11:43PM
Woods is a golfer, he clearly doesn't need so much prepare but he works out a couple of hours everyday at a somewhat good level. He could have said "Why not?" or "Because I like being healthy" instead of the one he used
Date: August 19, 2006 12:08AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
what a stupid question to ask. like my grandad used to tell me: "ask a stupid question get a stupid answer"
Date: August 19, 2006 01:06AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
fair answer as far as i am corcerned.
its a stupid question. every sportsman has to work out and you could say woods dedication has lead to him being touted as being the next dude to ebat that record of umpteen trophies at the big 4 or whatever.
i dont do golf :P
Date: August 19, 2006 01:23AM
Posted by: Muks_C
he has to have enough power to swing his golf bat fast enough to send the puck far enough down the golf pitch to score a field goal, or something...that's why he works out so much. but yeah, it was a little rude and uncalled for.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 19, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Woods is a prick. He wouldnt sign a little boys autograph at the Carnoustie golf course when my g'f worked there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: chet
Gui, I queried the same thing when I watched him, and saw his large upper body.

i play a bit of golf, im weak as sh*t, but can still drive a ball pretty damn, and as far as I need. As im sure he could :P

Guess its just to look good i suppose, make himself feel better, to show golfers arent all old, weak etc ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 19, 2006 01:34AM
or just plain fat, Chet :P

Usually those things are related to mechanics, not strenght. Same with tennis, you can be very strong but if your mechanic for the serve is wrong a teenager can hit the ball harder
Date: August 19, 2006 10:00PM
Posted by: Wirah
DaveEllis Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Woods is a prick. He wouldnt sign a little boys autograph at the
> Carnoustie golf course when my g'f worked there.

He said that he doesn't sign autographs to prevent fake ones from becoming available.

Date: August 19, 2006 11:10PM
Thats the worst excuse i've ever heard.

He walked right past the kid without even a smile.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2006 01:11AM
Posted by: gav
Since when has sport meant you're out to make others happy? You want to reach the top for yourself. To do that, you might have to make a of people around you team happy. Yeah, so nice guys go and sign autographs and think of their fans, but why is that a necessary? They don't necessarily want to be celebrities, they want to win. Just generalising rather than directing this in the direction of Woods.
Date: August 20, 2006 01:27AM
Without the fans, theres no sport. Without the fans, he doesnt get his multi million dollar sponsrship deals.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2006 01:49AM
Posted by: gav
When running around during sports day at school you're sprinting towards the line, you're not doing it for the few fans, you're not doing it for your parents cheering you on. It's competition - and you want to beat it.

I'm not in any way arguing that Tiger Woods isn't a prick - I'm certainly not a fan of him, and he does in every way seem a prick - but you don't enter your chosen sport to please your potential fans. You go out there to win.

True sportsmen don't do it for the money. That's a spin-off, most likely from whichever marketting company that your agent employs. There's maybe 800,000 line the fairways at a major over the course of the 4 days. Given his popularity, 6-700,000 of those will be there to watch Tiger Woods - is he expected to sign even 200 autographs over those days? @#$%& that - I've got a game to play.

To put it into a very, very minor way us mortals understand, we go racing online. Why? It's not fun in itself - it's not particularly entertaining - we want to beat whatever or whoever we are put up against - it's funky to watch online broadcasts, but we don't do it to see compliments on a neutral forum - we're driven bastards (albeit who have little life ;))
Date: August 20, 2006 01:57AM
Posted by: Vader
I would have probably answered the same, maybe even more drastic - "I work out so much to be able breaking the necks of retards like you with one hand."

By some strange coincidence I actually just said this to my neighbour who asked me why I was working out so much recently, though I am a teacher and clearly don't need so much prepare but I work out a couple of hours everyday at a somewhat good level. I could have said "Why not?" or "Because I like being healthy" instead of the one I used, but I simply love to aggravate the ones I hate. Die you maggots.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 20, 2006 03:27AM
gav Wrote:
> When running around during sports day at school you're sprinting
> towards the line, you're not doing it for the few fans, you're not
> doing it for your parents cheering you on. It's competition - and you
> want to beat it.
>
> I'm not in any way arguing that Tiger Woods isn't a prick - I'm
> certainly not a fan of him, and he does in every way seem a prick -
> but you don't enter your chosen sport to please your potential fans.
> You go out there to win.
>
> True sportsmen don't do it for the money. That's a spin-off, most
> likely from whichever marketting company that your agent employs.
> There's maybe 800,000 line the fairways at a major over the course of
> the 4 days. Given his popularity, 6-700,000 of those will be there to
> watch Tiger Woods - is he expected to sign even 200 autographs over
> those days? @#$%& that - I've got a game to play.
>
> To put it into a very, very minor way us mortals understand, we go
> racing online. Why? It's not fun in itself - it's not particularly
> entertaining - we want to beat whatever or whoever we are put up
> against - it's funky to watch online broadcasts, but we don't do it to
> see compliments on a neutral forum - we're driven bastards (albeit who
> have little life )

Dont really see what relevence it has towards Tiger being a prat and not achknowlding the people who allow him to complete on that sort of level. Without the fans, his sport doesnt exsist.

is he expected to sign even 200 autographs over
> those days? @#$%& that

No, but perhaps just a smile to the kid or sign the autograph as hes walking wouldnt hurt. Being a prick for the sake of being a prick just isnt on. Poor lad was a hurt that his hero wouldnt even look at him without a frown

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2006 03:41AM
Vader Wrote:
> I would have probably answered the same, maybe even more drastic - "I
> work out so much to be able breaking the necks of retards like you
> with one hand."
>
> By some strange coincidence I actually just said this to my neighbour
> who asked me why I was working out so much recently, though I am a
> teacher and clearly don't need so much prepare but I work out a couple
> of hours everyday at a somewhat good level. I could have said "Why
> not?" or "Because I like being healthy" instead of the one I used, but
> I simply love to aggravate the ones I hate. Die you maggots.

I don't understand how some people rather make things worse and not be nice towards the other
Date: August 20, 2006 04:03AM
Posted by: calimbo
I think It's up to each person to be as they want. I'm not a famous person, so I don't know what's the pressure on this people. But I believe that when you become famous, your life changes completely, for example, you can't go to any place, cause everbody will be over you asking for an autograph or something. And that's something we don't think about. Me for example, if I see a famous person, let's say a football player on my side, I just say to the person to my side "...Hey, isn't that..." and that's it, but i'm not going to say "...Oh my gosh, I'm your biggest fan, bla, bla, bla..."

Plus, remember Tiger's dad passed away recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2006 04:04AM by calimbo.
Date: August 20, 2006 10:35AM
Posted by: Vader
Guimengo Wrote:
> I don't understand how some people rather make things worse and not be
> nice towards the other
>

You haven't met my neighbour.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 20, 2006 01:18PM
Posted by: matthewp
I dont blame him at all for either of those incidents, this guy gets mobbed by fans and media every time he steps out the door, he effectively has absolutely no time for himself. I'm pretty damn sure that it would start to piss you off after a while too, especially when he's in the middle of trying to win a major tournament. Also at Carnoustie he was very emotional because he was trying to win his first major tournament without his father being there to support him.
That said i'm not a fan of him at all but I do respect him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy