Re: Help with Graphic Cards
Date: August 12, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: Ryoji
SHEEPY schrieb:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> come on stop with the sarcastic useless comments and accually help
>
>

actually, there's nothing anyone can do for you to help, with the "data" you're giving to potential helpers.
i'd only advise you to do some homework first, find out what AGP and PCI-E (respectively PEG) is and what it has to do with graphiccards. then find some information about your computer, e.g. which kind of graphiccard the mainboard can handle. then come back and formulate another question WITH important info in it and i'm sure the gpg-helpdesk(tm) won't let you down.

until then it's legitimate to answer with ROFL imho.

p.s. wikipedia.org is one great source of wisdom on the interweb, besides gpg or wow (sry dood, couldn't resist to put that in) ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2006 06:31PM by Ryoji.
Date: August 13, 2006 03:37AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
we tried, hey gav? ;)
Date: August 13, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
yeah i asked on here coz i didnt know what i was looking for int eh first place :(
Date: August 13, 2006 10:22PM
well...and you did get an answer...go for the NV 6200. ;)
Date: August 31, 2006 03:34PM
Posted by: mwb
I'm still looking for a new card. PCI-E.

I've decided on the Nvidia Geforce 7600 series. I'm going for the GS version rather than GT as apparently there's not much difference between the two.

I've seen this one. The Asus Geforce 7600GS. It's the 512mb version. [www.bigpockets.co.uk]

I've been told that memory size isn't everything though and sometimes it's better to choose a card with smaller memory if it's quicker.

Well I've also seen the 256mb version of the same card.[www.microdirect.co.uk]

Which would you recommend? The 512mb version or the smaller 256mb?

Cheers once again.:)

PS: I never knew choosing a graphics card could throw up so many choices.
Date: August 31, 2006 04:16PM
Posted by: gav
Go for the 256mb, as the GPU doesn't have anything close to the power to process 512mb of textures. I'd reconsider the 7600GT though - depending on which you get, there can be quite a difference - certainly have a look at some reviews - the graphics card comparisons at [www.tomshardware.com] often give a good comparison of same brand cards (read: nV vs nV, rather than nV vs ATi - sites like THG have a reputation for being biased, but are fine for same platform comparisons).
Date: September 01, 2006 12:48PM
what gav wrote. from what articles/tests i read so far, the GT does make a significant difference. there are also "silent" models around (from asus and gainward iirc), which are worth considering, if you're sensitive to noise. regarding gpu articles/tests/overviews this [www.anandtech.com] is one of the better ones i found in english language. good luck with your search and have fun with the new equipment. ;)

regards
daniel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy