The Knife

Posted by torana_05 
The Knife
Date: June 29, 2006 11:11AM
Posted by: torana_05
gday i have recently been hearing this sweet song on triple j by a swedish group called 'the knife' and the song name is called 'silent shout'. ive got the free download off triple j site a while ago now just wonderin if anyone knows if there is a sweedish version of this song i have went on their site and been unavailable to find it. if anyone has it could you plz tell me what albumn it is off cause i would like to know. also did anyone in the uk see their live perfomance in london last yr? and was it good.

Re: The Knife
Date: June 29, 2006 07:28PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the only The Knife song i know is "Heartbeats", and the Rex The Dog remix is even better that their own.

if you've heard of Jose Gonzales, you'll know the song, he recently murdered it by making a soppy acoustic version of it that all the radio stations creamed themselves over.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 29, 2006 10:50PM
Posted by: MarcA
That Jose Gonzales version was ace! It's real relaxing!

Date: June 30, 2006 09:35AM
yeah but most kids who like the song didn't know it was a cover.

and Colin & Edith went on about it for ages, yet never mentioned it was a cover, that pisses me off.

and to show how good Jose is, his next song was a cover of Kylie's "Put Your Hand On Your Heart" ferchrissakes! another dull, dreary acoustic dirge!

Date: June 30, 2006 12:16PM
Posted by: gareth
there's so many songs that pop up these days that are covers- and I have no idea that they are, and I like to think I have a teeny weeny bit of music knowledge. the first and most obvious example that springs to my mind was 'Behind Blue Eyes' by Limp Bizkit (please don't be mistaken that I like LB. I would hate for that to happen :))

can anyone think of some others?
Date: June 30, 2006 03:21PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> and to show how good Jose is, his next song was a cover of Kylie's
> "Put Your Hand On Your Heart" ferchrissakes! another dull, dreary
> acoustic dirge!

Yeah muks cos we wouldn't such a classic destroyed...
Date: June 30, 2006 07:33PM
for the Kylie example, i'm saying that he takes even crap songs, makes an acoustic version of it, and everyone loves it, thinking he's a musical god or something.

what next? "The wheels on the bus go round and round" by Jose Gonzales?

it's his little gimmick, just make an acoustic version and sing in a depressed style, and you've got a (s)hit.

Date: July 01, 2006 09:36AM
yer i dont like much of Jose Gonzales songs. wot about forever young gareth, no one evers says its a cover of alphagroup. ill start a new thread were everyone can rite down thir songs they most listen to becasue i would like to know wot music everyone listens to because i find it is interesting to find out what other ppl in other countries listen to, hope to see ya there and contribute cause i rekons its cool

Date: July 01, 2006 09:42AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I don't think i've heard the youth group on the radio without it being mentioned as being an alphaville cover...
Date: July 01, 2006 09:47AM
yer no one knows it a cover aye, it @#$%& me when the original gets no mention cause most of the time there alot better

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy