Gear!

Posted by skel 
Gear!
Date: June 17, 2006 03:09PM
Posted by: skel
Yes, thats right. Today I bought my first bit of gear :)

I tried a few guitars out, but with a limit of ~£200 I wasn't gonna be getting something awesome ;) Thankfully I've been offered a decent amp free of charge, so I could spend a little more on the guitar. Decided it was between an epi SG and a squier strat. I was finally won over by the maple fret and black body on the strat :) altogether i'm £190 worse off, which I believe is a fine price for what i got.

My fingers will be bleeding tomorrow :D I'd put a picture up if I could find a camera :P My flat mates have all left....I wonder why ;)

-------------------------------------------------------
SKEL

You can accuse a person of just about anything and get away with it, as long as you don't call them a lousy lover or bad driver. -Jackie Stewart
Re: Gear!
Date: June 18, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: Zcott
Be careful you don't fall into "guitarist trap".....you're always upgrading your guitar every few months. Stick with one, learn to play it until you're happy, and then upgrade. Good luck with it!

Date: June 18, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: Covfan
Yes, owning a guitar is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.
Date: June 18, 2006 01:33AM
Posted by: johnbunnell
Indeed, you cant beat the feeling of lubing up with fast fret, and sliding up and down in rhythmic motions on the G string.
Date: June 21, 2006 08:24PM
Posted by: MarcA
My Squier strat was only £129 :o

Date: June 21, 2006 10:11PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Affinity Series Squier Strats are around £130-£140, Standard Series are around £180-£200. So I'm guessing yours is an Affinity series and hoping skel hasn't been ripped off and has a standard series.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy