question about dvd iso image

Posted by Nik_I 
question about dvd iso image
Date: June 12, 2006 02:38PM
Posted by: Nik_I
ok i downloaded the vista beta 2 iso, but i dont have a dvd burner (waiting on the next-gen burners). Is it possible to split the iso onto several cds and still have the installation work?
Re: question about dvd iso image
Date: June 12, 2006 03:18PM
Posted by: NickKK
I'm guessing even if you were able to split it up you won't be able to boot off it. One thing you cna do is extract the contents to ur HD with ultraiso is winrar or whatever and urn the installation from within windows itself, but I'm not sure that would work.

Date: June 12, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: gav
Nope, it won't work. Vista will be DVD only as far as I know anyway.

//edit: It may be possible to mount the image on a virtual drive, such as Daemon Tools, as I *think* I've read that you can initialise the install from an XP installation. I'm not going to guarentee that, but DT is free, so no harm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2006 04:03PM by gav.
Date: June 12, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: gin
it will work, unpack the files from the .iso somewhere and install on your computer. You can also move these files on to CDs, then when you want to install it again just move the files from the CDs into one folder and install...very simple this is.

Date: June 12, 2006 08:08PM
Posted by: Lemming
i installed it using daemon cos i couldn't be bothered to go find a blank dvd...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy