Top Gear

Posted by bignav88 
Top Gear
Date: June 12, 2006 12:31AM
Posted by: bignav88
Hey guys, any one know the song which is briefly played when hammond is drivin the lamborghini murcielago roadster, it kicks in when he says- "it looks like a missile". Its Episode 6 in series 11, this episode also features hammond runnin the Pamplona bull run.
Re: Top Gear
Date: June 12, 2006 01:44AM
Posted by: NickKK
There was a whole site/forum dedicated to the music in top gear, I'm sure someone will have a link for you in no time :)

Date: June 12, 2006 09:41AM
Posted by: gav
[www.finalgear.com]

There's a forum section dedicated to this. :)
Date: June 13, 2006 04:54PM
Posted by: Muks_C
TG and shows like it have been attacked in the news today for encouraging speeding and dangerous driving.

what a load of bull!

yes they drive the cars fast, but it's on an airfield, to show us what it can do.

nowhere in the show do they tell viewers to drive like that on normal roads in their own cars.

and if they do make jokes about speeding and speed-cameras, it's very obviously tongue-in-cheek, and if the viewers don't see it as a joke, they can't have two braincells to rub together.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 13, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: gav
It doesn't encourage you any more than F1 does to be honest. If you speed or drive dangerously, you do so on your own accord.
Date: June 13, 2006 05:15PM
exactly!

it's just the PC Brigade finding a new target.

Date: June 13, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's like Tobacco advertising in F1 suggesting you should smoke, or alcohol for that matter, suggesting you should drink and drive.

In fact, this kind of thing is getting worse. For example, this police raid in London, people are now calling for the resignation of Ian Blair, and you have to ask yourself, "Would I rather be blown up or have the police raid somewhere where they find nothing."

At least they're trying to do something about it, and not just waiting for it to happen, and then being ridiculed.

People can't win now, if they fancy complaining, they pick a target and go on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
Date: June 13, 2006 05:41PM
hmm the police raid, did they need 250 officers to rtaid the house? did they need to shoot the guy?

i don't know all the details, but it does seem a little heavy-handed to me.

and i agree about tobacco and alcohol advertising in F1. i choose to drink or smoke (i don't smoke, but if i did) for myself, not because i see the logos in a sport i enjoy watching.

Date: June 13, 2006 06:27PM
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hmm the police raid, did they need 250 officers to rtaid the house?
> did they need to shoot the guy?
>
> i don't know all the details, but it does seem a little heavy-handed
> to me.

Perhaps so, but like I said, would you rather be blown up cos they aren't doing a thing, or feel just a little bit safer cos there's evidence that they are doing all they can?
Date: June 13, 2006 06:59PM
but if they are just gonna go to random houses in force and shoot people and then find no evidence of bomb-making or terrorism, meaning the intelligence was wrong, was it worth it?

fair enough if the brothers were guilty and the police arrested them and found bomb-making supplies, but the intelligence again seems flawed, as it was with Jean Charles De Menezes.

they could break down yours or my frontdoor and shoot you or me tomorrow, that's how random it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2006 07:17PM by Muks_C.
Date: June 13, 2006 07:12PM
Hey, at least they had intelligence, whether it was wrong or not, they still took the time to search for every scrap on info they could. It's their job to act on it, whether they were right or wrong. Considering how sparce their info is from what I can understand, I for one would rather they did something about what they have got, then sit back and say "I told you so" when people are dead
Date: June 13, 2006 07:17PM
it's not really "intelligence" if it was wrong though, is it?

let's just say the Police have been saved from another major cock-up, and are lucky not to have another death or two on their hands.

Date: June 13, 2006 07:19PM
Let's just say they've probably had enough of being flogged for trying to do their job ;-)
Date: June 13, 2006 08:05PM
Posted by: keiran
The problem is people blame the likes of top gear for their accidents and why they were speeding. It's the same with games, people just want to put the blame onto someone else.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: June 14, 2006 10:41PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
If you drive your car at 150km/h down the highway and hit a tree, it's your own fault. Not anyone else's.
Date: June 15, 2006 05:59PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Well, they do actually drive fast on roads too, but I agree with the above, it doesn't really encourage people. Just like tobacco sponsership. What the sponsership does generally is make people switch from one brand to another.

As for the police thing, that 250 figure is stupid. There weren't actually 250 officers standing outside their front door, that's the number involved in the whole flippin operation! Just some stupid number picked up by some idiot journalist. And it's not certain who shot who and why yet, so to say the police were lucky not to have killed someone isn't tenable imo. And if you're one of those who believe that the police are going round randomly targetting people, there's no need to be scared if you're not Muslim! :) Of course, that's not what the police are doing, so there's no need to be scared full stop :)

Date: June 15, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: Red Sam
The BBC wouldn't allow anything illegal to be shown on screen. As such, any running on public roads will either be a) legal or more likely b) the road isnt actually public, or it has been shut off.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 15, 2006 07:29PM
yeah TG always get permission to film, and shut the roads down if they are gonna race or go over the speed limit.

"And it's not certain who shot who and why yet"

well the police shot one of the brothers, that is certain. imagine if they had killed him and it then turned out they were competely innocent.

it's come out today that in their house were many bundles of £50 notes. the brothers say it was just savings, but obviously it looks a bit dodgy.

Date: June 15, 2006 10:20PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> it's come out today that in their house were many bundles of £50
> notes. the brothers say it was just savings, but obviously it looks a
> bit dodgy.
Does sound dodgy. If they wanted to save wouldn't they put the money into a bank?

Anyway in an attempt to veer back onto topic anyone noticed that Top Gear have released the Winter Olympics episode on DVD? [www.amazon.co.uk]

Course I won't be buying it, I recorded the repeat onto my PC. ;-)
Date: June 15, 2006 11:25PM
Posted by: Lemming
yeah i saw it in HMV today.... what a cheek! seems a bit excessively priced for an hour's worth of tv...

well the outtakes would probably be funny but i'm not paying that much for em...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy