SportsCarArchives.com
Re: I finally did it!
Date: May 18, 2006 08:45AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

lol dave

Date: May 18, 2006 09:19PM
Posted by: Buck Rogers
well done, I'm racing as well, but never won ... unbelieveble you won after only one year cycling!
Date: May 18, 2006 10:57PM
Posted by: ralphi
cheers dave!

Buck Rogers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well done, I'm racing as well, but never won ...
> unbelieveble you won after only one year cycling!

To be honest i couldn't belive it either, i thought i was gonna cry when i crossed the finish line. Cuz i really wasn't expecting to win, i just wanted to see how it felt like to race and to see if i was any good.

Date: November 02, 2006 12:57PM
And so my fairytale (spelling?) continues. It seems as tho cycling is a sport for me, and it feels as tho i'm gettign better and better everyday. Next year i'm gonna race for an elite swedish racing club. Now some of you may wonder how? some of you may not wonder at all but i still think i should write about what happend. A few weeks ago i enterd a time trial race (a time trial race is when you race against the clock alone on a specially design aero bike), but i didn't have any expectaitons of winning nor finishing with a great time because i only have a "standard" bike. Anywho... when i came to the race i noticed there were a lot of people there and most of them had time trial bikes. There were 40 cyclists competing and i was one of 10 that didn't have a tiem trial bike, and i thought to myself it would be cool if i could come first out of those with normal bikes. And so i was sent of on a 23km course. I felt ok during the whole course and when everybody came back they anounced the times, turns out i had a time of 31 min and 11 seconds, i had the 5th best time of everybody!!! And apparantly i impressed the team leader of the cycling club i'm racing for next year, (he was there to watch his riders, one of his guys finished 1) and so he asked me if i wanted to join their team. I'm not gonna get paid but i am gonna go to all the races in denmark norway and sweden and i'm also gonna get team clothes and serivce for my bike, and the best bit is... they're gonna send the entire team to a training camp in Italy next year on the island Elba (i think it was called that). So erm.. yeah, i guess hard work pays off =D It's been a great season i only have one win so far, but it doesn't matter cuz the worst position i''ve had this year was 5:th. And apparantly that's really good :P

Date: November 02, 2006 07:45PM
Posted by: Paco
Wow! Congratulations Marko! Apparently i wasn't that mistaken with my post in the previous page ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: November 02, 2006 08:41PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Congrats and good luck to you!

Date: November 02, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: anze89
Congratulations!

Date: November 02, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: Nickv
Well done! We might see you in the Tour de France sometime ;-)
Date: November 02, 2006 09:16PM
How old are you if you don't mind me asking Ralphi?

Date: November 02, 2006 09:24PM
Posted by: Covfan
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well done! We might see you in the Tour de France
> sometime ;-)

But he hasn't admitted taking performance enhancing drugs. ;)
Date: November 02, 2006 09:37PM
lol Mark, that's true i blew my Tour De France chance by not taking EPO :P

i'm 19 Fresco, why are you wondering?

anywho cheers to you all ^^

Date: November 02, 2006 11:19PM
Wow at such a young age thats a great achievement. I've always toyed with the idea of getting into serious cycling as its something I think I'd enjoy.
I'm also 19 and a pretty good long distance runner and I know the commitment needed to keep my fitness up in that is very high, and I'm only really an amateur. I had the opportunity to take my running to the next level and didn't go in for it a few years ago, and I've regretted it ever since.

I was just curious as to how old you were, at 19 you've got a few years until you reach your prime :)

Date: November 03, 2006 02:43AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
I know im kinda late since the first posts but this thread is not pointless at all, its cool to let us know all this

i wish you good luck with that new team and in your future competitions :D

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 02:44AM by R0b3rt0_38.
Date: November 04, 2006 02:26AM
Posted by: Willb
well done :)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: November 04, 2006 02:33AM
Posted by: gary42
Well done Marko, here's to many more wins

Date: November 04, 2006 06:27AM
Posted by: aims20
its always nice to hear these kinds of success stories :)

Congratulations ralphi! thats an awesome achievment!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy