I finally did it!

Posted by ralphi 
I finally did it!
Date: May 15, 2006 08:45PM
Posted by: ralphi
At this point you might be wondering, "what did he do?", or "lame ass... " or something along those lines.

Well to answer the first question; I finally won a race, cycling race. As some of you may know, for the last year or so i've been a really active cyclist, and this year i was suposed to start competing. And so i did. Yesterday was my first ever real race, 150 wonderfull kilometers to complete on a bike. 150km going thru the wonderful Swedish countryside. ah yes... just wonderful... , wait, where was i?! a yes... 60(ish) people took part in the race and i was one of them. I didn't have any high hopes cuz i knew/know that i'm not good enough and i've only trained for a year or so, while they've been active for many more. Anywho.. about 3/4 in the race 4 guys made an attack (attack means they started pedaling alot faster then the rest of us, so that they could get away), and i was quick to fallow because i wanted to see how far i could take this. And i managed to catch up with them, and we rode alone until there was about 15km left of the race. At this point the peloton (peloton is a group of cyclist riding together, you've probably seen it on telly) was nowhere to be seen. And i thought to myself; "well maybe i should try my luck and try and make an attack on my own". and so i did, i made the attack and they couldn't fallow me. So erm.. i crossed the finish line all alone with everybody else coming behind me a few minutes later. I had an average speed of 38km/h when i crossed the line :)

anywho.. erm.. yeah, i know this is kinda a pointless thread but i thought i would just tell you a story of how i actually managed to do something good with my life. last year around this time, i weighed 98kg and couldn't walk for 5min without beeing tired, and now i weigh 77kg and can ride a bike for hours without really getting tired.... so erm.. yeah anythings possible kids ^^ thanx for listning :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2006 02:25PM by ralphi.
Re: I finally did it!
Date: May 15, 2006 08:48PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Nice one!!

Date: May 15, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I was certain it was either:

a) Had sex

b) Passed driving test

c) Spoke to a girl

;)

I was wrong! Well done ralphi!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 15, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: Paco
Congratulations Marko! :)

was it a road competition, right? probably a new Lance Armstrong is being born ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 15, 2006 09:06PM
Thanx, it was indeed a road race, i'm not really a good mountainbiker, i do that just for fun. Lance Armstrong? HA! i wish :P

lol @ Red Sam

Date: May 15, 2006 09:25PM
Posted by: Nickv
Very nice Marko! :)

I hope you aren't a new Alesi :P
Date: May 15, 2006 09:30PM
Posted by: Gazork0
Congrats! Always good to hear about someone managing to break - and stay - away from the peloton ;-)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: May 15, 2006 10:57PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
nice one Marko :)
Date: May 15, 2006 11:04PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Congratulations! Did you get anything for winning?

[Website]
Date: May 16, 2006 09:03AM
Posted by: fongu
congrats mate :) when will we see you in the yellow jersey ;)

Date: May 16, 2006 10:04AM
Posted by: Morbid
Not a pointless thread at all. Congratulations, and thx for sharing the joy!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 16, 2006 12:48PM
Posted by: mortal
Exactly what I was about to say, definitely not a pointless thread, what a wonderful achievement. Maybe you should consider starting a blog! Well written, and yes, anything IS possible. As we say here in OZ "Good onya mate! ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 16, 2006 02:12PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

pointless thread! ;)

congratulations marko! well deserved! :)

Date: May 16, 2006 03:49PM
Posted by: GLD
Yup well done!

Please click my sig!
Date: May 16, 2006 04:35PM
cheers guys, i appreciate your kind words =)

@Ferrari_Fuhrer
Sort of, i got a diploma where it says i took part and that i'm the winner, and because i'm under 25 i also got one where it says "Best rider U25" ^^

@Kev
Ahh, lol sometime in the near future... perhaps when you finish the 95 i'll be wearing the maillot jaune :P

Date: May 16, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: Vader
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a pointless thread at all. Congratulations,
> and thx for sharing the joy!
>

I couldn't agree more. Even if I didn't win anything yet, I know pretty much how sport can change your life, help you to lose weight and thus improve the overall quality of your life.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 16, 2006 05:32PM
Posted by: Advong
Congratulations, i used to do road racing so i know how tough it is especially over long distance, so well done to you :D
Date: May 16, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Most strenuous bit of sport I ever did was long jump...

Mind you I won at the local school "olympics" where some odd 30 schools participated :)

Awesome achievement mate
Date: May 16, 2006 06:17PM
Posted by: Nickv
Duh, of course you win the long jump! You're a zeppelin! ;)
Date: May 16, 2006 11:32PM
Posted by: Sauber89
well done ralphi great achivement hope theres many more

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy