Broadband Survey

Posted by BorgDroneX 
Broadband Survey
Date: May 13, 2006 04:37PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
Hi guys, ive recently been upgraded to 8MB Broadband and im still getting the same download rate has i did with 2MB Broadband!

Ive contacted BT but they were useless just told me to wait 15 days so the optimum speed could be reached, but i think that is bull****

Im using a Netgear DG34 V2 Router/Modem combo

anyway if any of you have 4,6 or 8MB Broadband could you please post your download rates so i can compare (give me some ammo to go back to BT with!!!)

would be well appreciated....thanks

sig in the process of being reduced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2006 11:16PM by BorgDroneX.
Re: Broadband Survey
Date: May 13, 2006 05:02PM
Posted by: matt3454
I have Telewest Blueyonder 4mb broadband. On average i get 470kbps on good files. It can depend on where you download from as some websites are slower tahn others

Date: May 13, 2006 05:08PM
Posted by: chet
Yr sig is too big :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 13, 2006 05:16PM
Posted by: senninho
BT have actually made a real mess of the DSL Max upgrades - none of the trial lines we have set up have received anything better than 4mb, despite being sync'd at 8mb. It seems that their tool that judges the maximum stable rate of the line (based on the speeds obtained when your connection re-trains) was not sensitive enough, so if your line didn't retrain at 8mb enough times during the 10-day period they test it over, it wouldn't log enough variations in speed to increase the maximum stable rate.

*deep breath*

The have (allegedly) fixed it this week, so if you just reboot your modem/router a couple of times a day over the next few days, it should pick up on the changes in speed.

Date: May 13, 2006 06:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
as Chet said, your sig is over 4 times larger than the max. limit (20kb).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy