> > Roland not have died, he may still be racing
> in F1
> > today.
>
> I doubt he still would, Roland would have been 45
> going on 46 had he still been alive.
>
>
Yep, he was born in 1960, claimed it was 1962 to appear younger. He would have been 46 this year. [en.wikipedia.org]

Ah my mistake, I was going by his years in F1 rather than his age. i.e. Schumacher, Coulthard in F1 1994, still in F1 now.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah my mistake, I was going by his years in F1
> rather than his age. i.e. Schumacher, Coulthard in
> F1 1994, still in F1 now.
>
Well he was 34 when he debuted in F1 (or 32 depending how you look at it ;-)) so he was quite old to be making his F1 debut.

Re: Roland Ratzenberger & Ayrton Senna - 12 years
Date: May 02, 2006 04:06PM
Posted by: marcl
i think there is only MS and DC that are around from 1994 can not think of anyone else or am i wrong?
Date: May 02, 2006 04:13PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
rubens barrichello also from 1994...he crashed on the friday of the black imola weekend

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: May 02, 2006 04:37PM
Posted by: Paco
1993 actually.

this is where and when the actual drivers made his F1 debut.

Fernando Alonso______________Melbourne 2001
Giancarlo Fisichella_________Melbourne 1996
Kimi Raikkonen_______________Melbourne 2001
Juan Pablo Montoya___________Melbourne 2001
Michael Schumacher___________Spa Francorchamps 1991
Felipe Massa_________________Melbourne 2002
Ralf Schumacher______________Melbourne 1997
Jarno Trulli_________________Melbourne 1997
Mark Webber__________________Melbourne 2002
Nico Rosberg_________________Bahrain 2006
Rubens Barrichello___________Kyalami 1993
Jenson Button________________Melbourne 2000
David Coulthard______________Barcelona 1994
Christian Klien______________Melbourne 2004
Nick Heidfeld________________Melbourne 2000
Jacques Villeneuve___________Melbourne 1996
Tiago Monteiro_______________Melbourne 2005
Christijan Albers____________Melbourne 2005
Vitantonio Liuzzi____________Imola 2005
Scott Speed__________________Bahrain 2006
Takuma Sato__________________Melbourne 2002
Yuji Ide_____________________Bahrain 2006

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 02, 2006 05:01PM
Posted by: Paco
Muks_C Wrote:
> can you please translate what he said in the
> middle of the video Gui?

being no expert in portuguese, what i can understand is that he said something like "no matter your social position (economically speaking i suppose), have always lots of strengh and determination as a goal, and always do everything with love and faith in God, you'll get it, no matter what, you'll get it"

this is probably not so well translated, so wait till Gui gives his translation, which will be much better than this ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 02, 2006 05:17PM
Posted by: mika19b
R.I.P. You shall never be forgotten.
Date: May 02, 2006 09:27PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i was also thinking about who was there at that race who is still there now, and I could only think of MS and Rubens.

DC was just the test-driver at the time wasn't he? then he got promoted to race driver after Senna's death, while Hill became team leader.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 02, 2006 10:19PM
Posted by: anze89
i was also thinking about who was there at that race who is still there now, and I could only think of MS and Rubens.

Only MS started that race in Imola, RB didn't start it because of his crash on Friday.

Date: May 02, 2006 11:54PM
yeah, but he was there in the paddock and would have taken the start if he hadn't hurt his arm. i meant as an active F1 driver, not tester.

Date: May 02, 2006 11:57PM
Posted by: keiran
zeppelin101 Wrote:
> I don't think they could really have been pinned
> for homocide tbh, that's ridiculous. I doubt they
> would have rigged the car to rip itself to pieces
> somehow

No they may have not rigged the car to fall apart but my Dad told me (he watched that race) that Senna had asked for his steering wheel to be moved. So the team had to cut the steering rod and weld it on. This is then said to have broke on Senna's car causing him to go stright on like he did.

How would you as a judge see that ?? That a team could make the decision to cut it and weld it knowing full and well the stress going through that column ? Thats why Williams would want to cover there backs.

It's very sad to think that because of the world we live in today that only a few people will know the real reason that caused Sennas crash.

RIP Senna & Ratzenberger

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 03, 2006 12:10AM
Posted by: Guimengo
"Whoever you are, whatever postion you have in life, either high or low, have a lot of strength, will, determination, and do everything with a lot of love and faith in God, because one day you'll get there, one way you'll get there"

copyright 2006 Gui Translations Service Inc. Ltd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2006 11:44AM by Guimengo.
Date: May 03, 2006 02:00PM
the only part that has been covered up was the fact that dh steering coloum had also cracked during the gp and this was passed as normal wear and tear.

By the time they looked at sennas car for the trial vital parts had rusted.

We will never know what happened, but the most convinsing theory is the tyres not being up to temp and as we have seen time and time again it does take a few laps.

Just shocked that senna could not get the car back under control in a flat out corner. Head said senna lifted and this affected the areo and thats y he lost control but if u look at the front wheels they never even turned.

But the sadest thing is for me the crash it self never killed senna , he did not have one broken bone it was a bit of metal that killed him. Sid watkins said had it not been for the yellow helmit he would not have even known it was senna in the car :(.

Eric comas never recovered from seeing them working on senna he had been let out the pits by accident.

But that race should never have taken place as so many people say Roland Died on the track and not in hospital, had that been declared as it should the race would not have taken place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2006 02:05PM by marcl.
Date: May 03, 2006 02:11PM
about the column, it was under debate if it broke causing the accident, or got broken as a result of the accident.

@ Marc, what do you mean about Sid not knowing it was Senna? he was that badly injured on the face?

Date: May 03, 2006 02:17PM
yes his forehead had collapsed it was in a book at the time

There was no way senna was ever going to survive and if he had i dont wanna think what he would have been like.
Date: May 03, 2006 04:18PM
Posted by: keiran
marcl Wrote:
> Just shocked that senna could not get the car back
> under control in a flat out corner. Head said
> senna lifted and this affected the areo and thats
> y he lost control but if u look at the front
> wheels they never even turned.

Exactly why I believe the steering rod broke. When you lose control in anything, karting is a great example. The natural thing to do is turn (in this case left) to get the kart pointing in the right direction. Senna would have done the same thing. There was no attempt made to turn the wheel when the car went stright on.

Even if the car had bottomed out with low tyre pressures he would have still been turning, even if he had corrected it he would have made some attempt to turn left.

Theres quite an interesting website on the whole Senna case - [www.ayrton-senna.com]

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 03, 2006 04:40PM
Posted by: anze89
I saw the video of his crash many times. The wheels weren't turning, something was wrong with them. I don't belive that the car got lifted or anything like that, because it would still be possible to turn into the corner.

Date: May 03, 2006 04:58PM
williams say the data showed the steering was intact when it hit the wall and he was turning the wheel
Date: May 03, 2006 05:33PM
the sensors may have just picked up the top half of the rod turning, but if it had become separated from the lower half (that was connected to the front wheels) then the wheels wouldn't have turned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy