Show Your Desktops! (Hardware)

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Show Your Desktops! (Hardware)
Date: October 29, 2007 02:21AM
Posted by: Karan
Finally got rid of the ricketty old desk which was falling apart, and frustratingly didnt have enough room for the G25.

Date: August 20, 2008 07:08PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
*massive bump*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2008 07:43PM
Posted by: gav
How the @#$%& can you afford an MX Revo and iPhone and a Zune?

More importantly, why the @#$%& do you have an iPhone? :P
Date: August 20, 2008 07:49PM
Because it was £60 :P First phone I've used that didn't have a UI that was just ripped from an old Nokia and then adapted by a moron.

And what do you mean "How can I afford...". I just came off an 8 night run thanks very much :P And not long ago I worked 14 nights in a row. I've taken 2 weeks holiday in the last 8 months. None of that stuff was as expensive as the new seat anyway.

Incidentally I've had the Revo for a long time now. But I remember you commenting how your Logitech Mouse stopped charging correctly and needing adjusting in the dock. Well my Revo did that till I have the connectors on the dock, and the mouse a good clean. Now it is flawless again.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 07:51PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 20, 2008 08:01PM
Posted by: IWE
Hitech my ass!!! ;)

OLD HP Pavilion, even older seat as table and oldest possible working steeringweel bolted on laptop.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 20, 2008 08:17PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because it was £60 :P First phone I've used that
> didn't have a UI that was just ripped from an old
> Nokia and then adapted by a moron.

Get a Windows Media phone - some HTC one. I'll be looking at the Kaiser (a touch big for most, but I still can't txt quickly to save my life so the QWERTY keyboard will make things a bit quicker) as my phones buttons are starting to lose connection. Might just be a bit of dirt, so I'll try giving it a clean first.

DaveEllis Wrote:
> And what do you mean "How can I afford...". I just
> came off an 8 night run thanks very much :P And
> not long ago I worked 14 nights in a row. I've
> taken 2 weeks holiday in the last 8 months. None
> of that stuff was as expensive as the new seat
> anyway.

Get your arse down to Brands in a couple of week then. We've got rooms booked this time, so none of that freezing our bollocks off, regardless of season. :P

DaveEllis Wrote:
> Incidentally I've had the Revo for a long time
> now. But I remember you commenting how your
> Logitech Mouse stopped charging correctly and
> needing adjusting in the dock. Well my Revo did
> that till I have the connectors on the dock, and
> the mouse a good clean. Now it is flawless again.

I just lick my finger, quickly swipe it once over the terminals on the mouse and stick it in the dock now. Works every time. No idea why this only affects Logitech mice, and then not for all...

Other complaint is that the MX Revo (and the VX Nano laptop variant), when near a router, when a laptop is copying a lot of data wirelessly, the mouse stops responding (well, it moves a little bit about 2 seconds later), regardless of the PC it's connected to. Dave Liddle says it's something to do with the mouse operating at 2.4GHz frequency, the same as 802.11G does, but I've no idea how true that it. I do know that the only apparent fix is moving the receiver further away from the router/access point, but for me I don't use desktop and laptops at home concurrently enough to bother.

It's a cracking mouse, but it does have some flaws, flaws you wouldn't expect in a £50 piece of kit.
Date: August 20, 2008 08:35PM
Get a Windows Media phone - some HTC one. I'll be looking at the Kaiser (a touch big for most, but I still can't txt quickly to save my life so the QWERTY keyboard will make things a bit quicker) as my phones buttons are starting to lose connection. Might just be a bit of dirt, so I'll try giving it a clean first.

Urgh. The last 2 phones I used with a Windows OS were disgusting. It felt like trying to play hide and seek with a blindfold on. Sure you had a vague ideas of where you were, but you were constantly lost in a sea of illogical menus.

And anyway, they cost far too much for what they are. I wouldn't pay full price for an iPhone, but for £60 it's a fantastic piece of kit. I'd rather swap out the iPod software for the Zune 2.0 software, but meh, can't have it all.

When compared to the phones in its class such as the N95, it was just embarrassing how illogical and daft they were compared to the simplicity of the iPhone. Whoever designed that UI knew what he was doing and should do all of the Mac UIs. It is the first Apple product I've ever used that is seriously impressive. (But not £160 impressive...)

Touch Screens allow you to completely break-away from the typical phone UI system, which was out of date years ago anyway. For the first time, navigation is easy, not a chore of clicking buttons and navigating slowly about "up, up, right, down, click, up" Etc.

Get your arse down to Brands in a couple of week then. We've got rooms booked this time, so none of that freezing our bollocks off, regardless of season. :P

Can't and won't be at Silverstone for LMS either. Can't get the time off and have to put up with this job until I find a new one.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2008 08:42PM
Posted by: n00binio
@IWE: i have the same wheel and i´m loving it ;)
Date: August 20, 2008 10:35PM
Posted by: Stan
finaly got around to do a proper desk how i wanted :P and i have managed to finish the room off too :D

Date: August 21, 2008 02:09AM
Posted by: MattB
EBi, why do you have mobos on your wall?

Dave: thats alot less coke cans than I expected :P

Gav: Im fully planning on going to brands :D

Date: August 21, 2008 02:35PM
Posted by: Monza972
Nothing has changed from last time. Except for the new rig and less mess at the back then usual.

*Clicky*

Date: August 21, 2008 04:06PM
MattB Wrote:
> EBi, why do you have mobos on your wall?
>
To be honest with you, i dont know, <M>

Date: August 21, 2008 05:13PM
Posted by: sasjag
better than most modern art tbh :P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 21, 2008 05:31PM
MattB Wrote:
> Gav: Im fully planning on going to brands :D

Ah good. Buzz your number across and we'll meet up. :)
Date: August 21, 2008 08:43PM
Posted by: MattB
Yea man will do, not sure how im getting there yet tho lol.

Date: August 23, 2008 11:55PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Dave, just noticed you've got a Zune as well as an iPhone, which one do you prefer?

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 12:51AM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: August 24, 2008 12:37AM
ipod dave? were?

Date: August 24, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: August 24, 2008 01:07AM
Posted by: chet
Dave - I have the same monitor as you ;)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 24, 2008 09:55AM
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> Meant iPhone.. ;-)

read his post, he explained it clearly....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy