Hello fellas...

Posted by _Alex_ 
Hello fellas...
Date: February 22, 2006 02:18PM
Posted by: _Alex_
... just thought I'd drop by and say hi. Hope you're all well. Good to see some familiar names still around! Vader, LS, Morbid, etc, the old guard :)

Actually there is a reason I'm ending my posting drought! Some of you may remember -this- and how ITV did an abominably shoddy job with the footage (four minutes for a three hour endurance race!).

Well, Celebrity Kart Challenge number two took place at Thruxton a few months ago and this time Motors TV were filming to make an hour-long program. Against the likes of Gary Catt, Jamie Green, Kelvin Burt, Rob Collard, Alan Blencowe and some British Frenault drivers, my team finished third! It was a great result to be on the podium after such a great race.

Anyway, the race will air on Motors TV this weekend - Saturday 25th February to be precise! I've received some slightly contradictory information with regard to exactly what time the program will be on... the guy said "nine-forty" which could be 0940h or 2140h but the website says 2200h (see here). Anyway keep an eye out and try and catch it if you can, it should make some good TV.

And just so you know who to look out for, here are some pics of me from the race. Lucky number 13!

Oh yeah and check out my website too...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2006 02:22PM by _Alex_.
Re: Hello fellas...
Date: February 22, 2006 02:23PM
Posted by: Peat
good to have you back.

in the last piccy, the fella in the blue brm overalls. I think his name is stuart. I used to race against him in a kiddies championship at castle combe go kart track. I think he is now the thruxton karting instructor. He was pretty handy in a kart back then, he won the championship and i came fifth. (out of 60 odd)

Happy days

Date: February 22, 2006 02:58PM
Posted by: Muks_C
must be painful having that sharp arrow sticking out of your head...

and look!:

IT'S TEH STIG Mk 3!!!!1111111

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 22, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: LS.
Great to hear from you Alex, i was only thinking the other day what happened to you

Nice to see you pop in for a chat :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 22, 2006 06:14PM
Posted by: cynic
You really should drop by more often!

Good to hear from you. I'll look out for you on Motors.:)

Date: February 22, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: anze89
nice to read some words from you, I hope that you'll stay and post more things

Date: February 22, 2006 06:53PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Pretty cool man, I remember that other kart thingy you wrote.

You should have "I'm Alex!" written somewhere in your suit, bring in popularity and sponsors ;)
Date: February 22, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
you should rip Wurz off and steal his logo (well, McLaren's West logo really):

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 22, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
hey alex, good to hear from you man :)

Stick around for a while eh :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 22, 2006 09:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Hi Alex, great photos, I must say what amazing luck you managed to stand next to some graffitti, that painted arrow with the letters ME when you got into the picture! :)
Keep us updated on your racing m8, some of us can only dream about getting on a real track!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 22, 2006 10:36PM
Posted by: Zcott
Hi Alex, wb!

Date: February 26, 2006 12:29PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Lots more familiar names now amongst the sea of new ones (everyone else is like "who the hell is Alex?" ;) )

I haven't seen the race yet because I don't have Motors TV (somebody recorded it for me last night) but apparently they did a good job of it which is a relief after ITV's crummy efforts a couple of years ago. And this time I get a few mentions! I'm really looking forward to it, although I think they cut my interview with David Brabham :( meh.

It's actually showing a few more times between now and Thursday if you missed it the first time round and you don't have anything better to do this week... in fact it's on at the moment!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 26, 2006 05:46PM
Posted by: Willb
corse I remember you, you had the the view of the gridgirls behind last time around IIRC;).

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: February 26, 2006 10:44PM
Posted by: bestobritish
my 56k modems just thrown a fit lol. good to see you though m8, looked like a great event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 24, 2006 11:30AM
Hey everyone! I've finally got round to capturing the race if anybody's still interested!

I've divided it into three 100Mb files, so you'll need to RAR them...

PART ONE

PART TWO

PART THREE

As you can see, the event was a great success for the charities involved (mainly BLISS) so Thruxton will once again host the race this summer. It has been organised to coincide with the BTCC round on the weekend of June 3rd/4th (the kart race will likely be on the Friday).

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 24, 2006 02:32PM
Posted by: Gazork0
Sweet, thanks for the captures. Downloading as I type :)

EDIT: Nice 3 wide racing at 35:00 and 36:00 minutes ;)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2006 03:31PM by Gazork0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy