6 Nations Rugby

Posted by GLD 
Re: 6 Nations Rugby
Date: February 26, 2006 02:19AM
Posted by: GLD
Hmmm i agree Chris...

Italy are much improved this year and its only their fitness that lets them down. From what i read of the French match report (i missed the game because i was playing myself today) the French scored 3 tiems with only 15 mins to add a bit of gloss....and 37-12 wasn't a fair reflection.

Same with the England game 2 weeks ago...take away that last minute score and the game looked completely different. And don't forget, it was only a few dodgy decisions that robbed Italy of a win at Lansdowne Road.

Scotland were phenomenal today, and i have to say that given the remaining fixtures, the table could well have France at the top...but then we could see it come down to points scored.

If Wales win tomorrow then i think it's a three horse race, and if England lose to France, then Wales v France could be the championship decider....That heavy loss to England is gonna cost us i fear.

Ooooooo exciting stuff for a change!!!

And yes, i did score on my return from injury, get in!

Please click my sig!
Date: February 26, 2006 08:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
um, with italy and ireland to go i'd put money on scotland winning. they've caused two huge upsets, and know they've just got to beat ireland next week to all but win the championship. they'll be fired up

but with only one away team winning so far - at italy - it could be the top 5 all end on 6 points.

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2006 01:23PM
Hmm indeed...i didn't figure in Scotland...i don't fancy them against Ireland tho

And with that...to the bar!!!!

Please click my sig!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2006 01:24PM by GLD.
Date: February 26, 2006 01:25PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
DO IT

fingers crossed murphy has another game like france, if he does, congrats wales on the win :p

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 26, 2006 06:19PM
what great weekend for the "The GPG 6 Nations Rugby Predictions Game" :)

10 b-tone
9 GLD
7 qwerty
2 Red Sam
2 The Lopper
2 Mini Maestro
1 Ferrari_Fuhrer

its going to be a close championship with four teams even and a few big matches to go. my money's a little bit more on scotland than france. i dont think (want :p) england can do it, and ireland have a couple of tough games... go scotland!!

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2006 06:43PM
scotland have played most of their big games and won them, can't say the same for wales.

Awful display today, no heart at all, no leadership. THrey just looked like they didn't know what they wanted t do all game. Ireland are so good in the contact area, and that shane horgan is a machine!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 26, 2006 07:00PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what great weekend for the "The GPG 6 Nations
> Rugby Predictions Game"
>
> 10 b-tone
> 9 GLD
> 7 qwerty
> 2 Red Sam
> 2 The Lopper
> 2 Mini Maestro
> 1 Ferrari_Fuhrer
>

great only because your now top eh :P

Date: February 26, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: matthewp
That was one of the most despressing Welsh rugby performances I can remember, without Steven Jones we were totally clueless.
The only positive to come from it is it spells out to the clowns at the WRU what a complete mess they've made of our championship.

Date: February 26, 2006 09:13PM
hmmm Chris nailed it on the head...even when we dominated in the first 10 mins...no direction...

Henson sucked ass big time...lee byrne had a good game...peel was solid as always...apart from that once Stevie Jones went it was curtains

I'm quite drunk now, i feel sorry for myself...we sucked ass big time!!!

Please click my sig!
Date: February 27, 2006 10:18PM
Posted by: The Lopper
We are kinda showing a bit better than we are. The backs are still under utilised. I'm still thinking France will win it.
Date: February 27, 2006 11:23PM
The irish backs had insane pace though when given service....Horgan is so quick.

That said Cueto and Lewsey are easily as fast, but just don't get ANY srvice.

Hodgson is a great goal kicker, but his kicking from hand has ben shocking all tournament, and he isn't given decent ball by Ellis because Ellis is slow, fat and uncreative. Oh, and he can't boss his forward like Dawson can - we need a Dwayne Peel! Though in fairness even the All Blacks need a Dwayne Peel, he's the best in the world bar none.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 28, 2006 10:13PM
English backs are far more physical, the space that existed against Wales won't be there for
Date: February 28, 2006 10:33PM
Posted by: Wirah
Is that Irish guy alright that got his head pushed down by that bald Welsh guy, you know, the one that was strapped to a spinal board..

Date: February 28, 2006 10:51PM
Yeah he's fine...he'll be fit for the next match...looked a lot worse than it was...

The spinal board was just a precaution...

God help us against Italy if Stephen Jones is injured...Sir Henson has been quoted as saying he felt suicidal after the game...whilst i doubt he thought about OD'ing it is nice to see some humility from the pretender to the throne of the universe :p

Henson is in danger of being the Greatest rugby player that never was...i'm sure however he will be much improved hould he feature against Italy at Number 10...He has a lot to prove

Please click my sig!
Date: February 28, 2006 11:36PM
Is Sweeney fit? You've not got an awful lot of good fly halfs in wales.

Henson should never have been in the squad. In fairness to him, he'd only had 1 game before that one, and he wasn't at 10. If that australian with the ridiculous face (;)) had any sense he'd have left him out altogether.

I mean really, if Hodgson had been banned ofr 3 months, and injured for the previous 3, Robinson wouldn't ven think about picking him for the bench.

I wasn't suprised Henson had a shocker, but I think the problem was because he really is a great talent everyone though that maybe, just maybe he might og out there and be awesome. Wales expects so much.

Once he's got 10 games under his belt for swansea we'll see him back to his best - whether that be at centre, fullback or fly half. I really rate him, in spite of all his flair and hair, he's really very good.

And let's face it, this 6 nations isn't actually very important. its the world cup that matters. I hope all the northern hemi sides can get in a lot of tests before then, particularly england who ned to try some things. How about Mark Van Gisbergen at fullback, Lewsey at centre with Noon?

MVG is playing really well for wasps, and he can kick a fair old bit, too. We've got to inject some imagination into those backs, and Lewsey is just so explosive that him linking more directly with Cueto can only be good. Oh, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE FIND A DECENT SCRUM HALF IN ALL OF ENGLAND!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 01, 2006 03:38PM
LOL

Sweeney is touch and go...you're right about the lack of quality fly halves in Wales...i think Jason Strange might be a good option actually...

Please click my sig!
Date: March 01, 2006 10:22PM
Yeah twas Marcus Horan methink, he was grand it was all precautionary stuff, but it did worry us all when we saw it happening
Date: March 10, 2006 02:34PM
OK fellow GPGers....it's back to the six nations hot seat with this weekends predictions!!!

I'm thinking:

Wales by 20
France by 10
Scotland by 3 (could go either way)

Happy hunting fellas!

Please click my sig!
Date: March 10, 2006 04:30PM
Ireland by 12
Wales by 6
France by 3

____
Tony

Date: March 10, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Ireland by 18
Wales by 10
France by 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy