VTR @ Norisring

Posted by gav 
VTR @ Norisring
Date: January 28, 2006 11:43AM
Posted by: gav
Another forum, another dose of the annoying Vader Trophy Racing posts that you must hate. But I like making them. So :P

A new season. An old car. The same old fogies behind the wheel.

VTR are back in the Sauber, back in WOSEC, and backing into the wall.

The walls in question today are German ones, and there's lots of them. We're racing the funky ickle Norisring street course. Less than 2 miles of wheel-spinning nausia. Laptimes under 45 seconds, and 480 of them, or 6 hours in real money.

Our line-up today is minus the Scottish take on Jesus, as he's living life up on hopefully hurricane ravaged Daytona beach for free, just trying to keep his phone working. Matt Parry is taking a sabatical from GTP, and Ian Woollam is also missing, but I'm not going to bitch, as he painted our shiny new cars, which you'll get to see after the race, in some screenshots, or a gallery if you're hoffically unlucky.

Line-ups!

VTR1 (car #84):
Richard Dickson
Neil Stratton

VTR2 (car #85):
Richard Dickson
Gavin Wilson

VTR3: (car #86):
Jannis Koopmann
Neil Pearson

VTR4: (car #87):
Sim Steele
Esben Tipple

Yeah, Rich is trying to look hard driving 2 cars, but only because he refused to let me drive the entire race for VTR2... we'll be end up doing over 350 laps, if the cars last.

I'm running a funky new engine mapping for this race (a totally different approach to the others) as a test, so if VTR2 goes missing early on, do what I'll do. Blame Dave.

In true Glyn-style Le Mans fashion, I've recorded an uploaded a lap of the track in the #85 car.

Right-click, save as. 22mb Xvid. 960x600. It's a wee bit jumpy, as my PC struggles to record full res 1920x1200 into a movie for some reason. :P

We shall keep you updated. Or at least some of the guys might... Rich and I will be trying to stop ourselves dying between stints.

It's also Mr. Stratton's birthday, so shout loudly at him tomorrow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 11:45AM by gav.
Re: VTR @ Norisring
Date: January 28, 2006 11:53AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
best of luck chaps, do VT proud! :)

On a side note, engine mapping? You can change that in a game?! awesome!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 28, 2006 12:14PM
Posted by: Glyn
You can't change it ingame, but you can change it with your right foot :)

The VTR website ( [racing.vadertrophy.com] ) is now streaming the pit radio and the NRTV feed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 12:15PM by Glyn.
Date: January 28, 2006 12:17PM
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a side note, engine mapping? You can change
> that in a game?! awesome!

I'm taking a philosophy new to us for this race. ;)

Date: January 28, 2006 12:39PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Glyn, is that you in #321? :S
Date: January 28, 2006 01:18PM
I was the one marked Neil Stratton, dunno the number

Date: January 28, 2006 01:46PM
Okey doke... qualifying results :)

2nd VTR2
4th VTR1
11th VTR3
16th VTR4

Not bad at all really. Everyones in the top half of the grid.

Date: January 28, 2006 02:01PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
nice! good job guys

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 28, 2006 02:35PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

@#$%&

lost 3rd gear on lap 10 :|

so i cruised around, and then goin into lap 20 or so my internet went haywire, so i jumped out and let koop jump in.

just going to sit here for ages watching koop drive, hopefully by then my internet would have stabalized

Date: January 28, 2006 04:27PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Wooo, just thought I'd pop on VT Racing to see how things are going, 1st and 2nd says NRTV. Keep it up (no pressure)!
Date: January 28, 2006 04:42PM
Posted by: Gazork0
Very hectic first few laps, I'm amazed at the fact that nobody crashed when we finally got going. I advanced a few positions here and there due to people spinning off, and managed to drive very consistently throughout my whole stint. I had a grand total of about four barrel rolls (one of which with a forward motion), damage not being noticeable until after the fourth one. We are now getting "slaughtered on the straights" according to Sim, so I'm going to have to shorten my gears a bit to compensate

We were actually running 1-2-3 at one point :D

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: January 28, 2006 05:09PM
My VTR2 car retired after about 210 laps, taken out by #8 while Rich was driving it for a stint. Engine totally dead. We were leading ;)

VTR1: 1st
VTR4: 9th
VTR3: 10th

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 05:10PM by gav.
Date: January 28, 2006 05:16PM
Just come back from my stint. Not really the best for endurance racing. With all the cars you just can't get into a rhythm. Can't help but feel I'm one of the slower VTRers now, defo no where near Richs pace anyway - he's flying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 05:22PM by Glyn.
Date: January 28, 2006 05:51PM
Glyn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just come back from my stint. Not really the best
> for endurance racing. With all the cars you just
> can't get into a rhythm. Can't help but feel I'm
> one of the slower VTRers now, defo no where near
> Richs pace anyway - he's flying.

rich is just crazy.

\ i was doing 45.4's for a few laps, and was feelin really good, until i got discoed. ffs.

anywya we climbed upto 9th before this happend.

i wish i had of had all gears and no disco's, we would have been top 5 easy, but as they say, motorsport is all about "what if"

Date: January 28, 2006 07:26PM
I gave my VTR1 drive to Gav, who was just about to jump into VTR4. The simple reason being Gav is faster than me. The VTR4 car had damage, but it was getting better at each fix, despite being on it's side once and taken out by the feckers that are #10 car!

Felt much more relaxed though and was able to put in high 44s/low 55s. Esbens now back in the car for the final bundle of laps.

Date: January 28, 2006 08:38PM
VTR1 won by 2 laps in the end.
VTR4 finished 7th
VTR3 finished 8th

No complaints, at all.

Special mention for Esben and Sim, who I thought were nothing short of fantastic in VTR4.

And a birthday win for Neil Stratton. :D
Date: January 28, 2006 08:43PM
Posted by: Forgotten
congrats guys! really nice :)
Date: January 28, 2006 08:43PM

Came home 8th.

Rather happy.

Took over from koop with about 130 laps to go, and i just pushed really hard, trying to do as fast a lap as i could with my damaged car, managed to achieve my goal of doing a sub 45 lap into the 44's and i was happy :D

plus to come back from 31st to 8th im pleased.

Koop drove awsome aswell.

very happy :)

Date: January 28, 2006 08:59PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Well done guys, sounds like you did well.

[Website]
Date: January 28, 2006 10:18PM
Posted by: richardd
Both thrilling and disappointing at the same time for me. My first wosec win with the VTR guys was something to savour, especially with it being the first race of the season. Yet disappointment at the same time knowing that VTR2 (gav and my car) made so much time up that we would have had a comfortable 1-2 finish had it not been wiped out by some moronic backmarker. I think glyndo had too much to drink at his "swanky pub dinner" last night as he seemed to struggle a bit today on the consistency front ;)

Personally I was really happy with my driving in both VTR1 & 2 cars, got 3rd fastest lap overall in VTR1. Seemed to cope with the traffic a little better than the other guys and managed to avoid *most* of the serious incidents...!

A great way to kick the season off though for the team, getting to the finish in itself was an acheivement here. I don't think it was a best track to start the season with, but it's done now and it was great fun :)

A particular nod must go to sim and esben, esben kept his car well in the top 10 throughout the chaotic first stint, proving that even our "junior" drivers are more than capable of battling for midfield positions come the end of the race.

Onwards!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy