Date: January 26, 2006 09:50PM
Posted by: LS.
Between real life and GT4

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: Cool comparison of the Nords
Date: January 26, 2006 10:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i'm no expert, but i'd say that the GT4 version is pretty much perfect after watching that.

and some good jiggery-pokery from the creator of the clip to sync them together like that by adjusting the speed of the GT4 demo lap.

so what have the critics who say GT4 is nowhere near the real life one got to say now?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 26, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: six degrees
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so what have the critics who say GT4 is nowhere
> near the real life one got to say now?

don't remember anyone saying that, but the GT4 version is pretty bloody good as it's GPS - think it's missing certain bumps etc but the layout and scenery are very faithful.

it's just the actual driving experience of gt4 which is @#$%&, not the tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2006 10:25PM by six degrees.
Date: January 26, 2006 11:04PM
Posted by: Glyn
Also the lack of impression for speed in GT4 always annoys me too. It doesn't quite show it in that video, but when you play the game everything seems so slow.

Date: January 27, 2006 11:58AM
Posted by: Forgotten
it depends IMO , I drove at le mans and suzuka in GT4 and the sense of speed was insane on the long straights. Forgot to mention I mean at high speeds of course ,like 350 km/h at le mans and 300 km/h at Japan on a Toyota GT-One

edit : very impressive video. I dont really know nordshleiffe ( or whatever how it is written ) but after seeing that it´s nice to see it´s almost the same

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2006 12:01PM by Forgotten.
Date: January 27, 2006 01:31PM
Posted by: chet
its a shame the physics let the game down.
its a shame that the accuracy has not yet been matched for pc yet.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2006 03:51PM
i don't see anything wrong with the physics of any of the GT games. they've done their best to make every car handle like its real-life counterpart. Kazunori has driven every car in the game, and got all his staff to test and learn about every car to put that accuracy in the game.

i believe it when they says its a "real driving simulator". the tyre-wear model is great, something GP4 doesn't have.

Date: January 27, 2006 03:54PM
indeed the tyre model is great.

isnt it pivot point physics or something?

Date: January 27, 2006 04:20PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Pivot point physic's and it is STILL impossible to lock a wheel.

Date: January 27, 2006 04:21PM
Yea.
I also noticed that too.
Would have been a nice touch for screenshots ;)

Date: January 27, 2006 04:39PM
are you sure you can't lock a wheel?

isn't the ABS set too high or something?

Date: January 27, 2006 04:45PM
Posted by: gav
Traction control on even the oldest of cars too. Stunning accuracy.
Date: January 27, 2006 06:19PM
Posted by: Zyklef
I'm a great lover of the Gran Turismo series but it does not have a good tyre model, even the hardest race tyres wear out in less than half an hour on most tracks. I also don't think Kazanouri has driven every car that's in the game, apparently for that reason they kinda guessed the physics for the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and possibly a few others. With regards to the pivot-point physics I don't wholly believe it, the cars don't look or feel like they're turning on a pivot, whereas in Codemasters games (CMR & ToCA) the cars very clearly are. But, of course, that is just my own observation.
Date: January 27, 2006 07:00PM
about the tyres, it may not be as realistic as in real-life, i.e. taking hours to wear out a hard set, but the way the wear can increase if you keep sliding, or can last longer if you drive sensibly, depending on how you choose to drive, is very good and you can actually see a difference if you alter your driving style. say you are getting 8 laps by driving wildly, if you tame yourself a bit you might be able to get 10, and that can affect your whole strategy for that particular race.

also, in GT4 Prologue, when they show the "making of", it says Kazunori drove every car in the game.

Date: January 27, 2006 07:08PM
Posted by: six degrees
the GT series is predominantly about eye candy - physics and AI take a back seat unfortunately. They have given each car distinct handling characteristics but the game has always massively favoured the jap cars, what a sim! And cos most of the power's going on the graphics the physics are watered down crap. It's good for a quick blast but taking it very seriously is a mistake imo, even if it is the best driving game on the ps2 (not that that's difficult). Calling it the "real driving simulator" is somewhat laughable also.

It'll be interesting to see if they can do anything realistic physics wise with the ps3, but I'd assume the eye candy would get pumped up even more..
Date: January 27, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
If they fix the AI to begin with... and the pivot point physics :(. And of course give options to turn on/off all aids, as in older car without aids I imagine it would be pretty tough to drive on a simple joystick
Date: January 27, 2006 08:47PM
Posted by: pankykapus
The video is great I think and the track is very realistic too.
Date: January 27, 2006 10:11PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I LOVE GT4.

Mostly cos I can buy a car and just see how many BHP I can squeeze out, then time trial it round midfield and seatle cos I've got a little league going.

Currently the TVR Speed 12 is top speed king at 288mph.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 27, 2006 10:38PM
Posted by: Forgotten
that´s insane :|
Date: January 27, 2006 11:43PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I find it impossible to spin anything except a BMW, which all seem to spin at the touch of the steering wheel.

Of course, the lack of car damage is juct cack in my opinion
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy