The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Posted by calimbo 
What a great movie...I loved it so much...I went to see it just because of my nice, but she didn't like it, instead i enjoyed it as if i was her.

That Lion, Aslan, was awesome!! It looked so real it got me so excited.

Somebody told me it has something from the Passion of the Christ, but i didn't believe it. But it has something of it. The part when Aslan is going to sacrifice himself, looks pretty much like the passion of Jesus, that he evens revives!!!

If you haven't watched it, i reccomend it so much, mainly for the Lion

It was okay, but it was soo slow paced. But i liked it but the first 50minutes were slow

________________________________________________________________________________

Slow paced? I felt like they were rushing to get through it all. But I suppose if all you were waiting for was the final battle, then it might have seemed a bit slow.
Did any of you read the stories? There's defo more than a hint of christianity about it ;)

Not seen the film though, might now you've all recommended it.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Yeah it was quite good i enjoyed it....

The kids got on my bloody nerves a bit though at the start lol...

Please click my sig!
i swore i wouldnt see it but i went with my girlfriend and her family and the movie was actually very well done and i actually enjoyed it. i would recommend it as long as ur cinema has comfy seats and u have good ass muscles!!! :P
and the beavers did it for me :)!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
never read the books or seen the animated original film, and not really interested.

someone who reviewed it said it was good, but the author must have been smoking something strong when he wrote it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Oh come on, CS Lewis and Tolkein virtually wrote all of their stories at the same time in the same pub :P If one was on something then they definitely both were

Can't remember what the pub is called where they went though, but it's in Oxford
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did any of you read the stories? There's defo more
> than a hint of christianity about it
>

Same has to be said about Tolkien's work.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Indeed. But I'm not about to get into an argument over Tolkien's work with you, Vader ;) I'd be out of my depth a lot earlier than you, being rather well up on it (as you should be of course!)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Muks_C Wrote:
> never read the books or seen the animated original
> film, and not really interested.
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------------------
> -------

I saw the original anmiated film when when i was a kid and loved it, looking forward to seeing the latest version, simply because its a great story

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
it was on tv on Boxing Day on ITV1 at around 10am.

yeah missed it too :(

really wanted to watch it again for nostalgia purposes

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
I've been scared 2 times have you? When the first wolf woke up at the witch' castle, and when the rock broke.
BTW I haven't read the book or saw the animated series but I enjoyed the film.
The 2nd best movie this year after Batman.
they were both released in 2005 weren't they ;)?

zeppelin101 Wrote:
> Oh come on, CS Lewis and Tolkein virtually wrote
> all of their stories at the same time in the same
> pub :P If one was on something then they
> definitely both were
>
> Can't remember what the pub is called where they
> went though, but it's in Oxford

It's called the Eagle and Child, although we usually refer to it as the Bird and Baby. (Or sometimes even the Fowl and Foetus!) It's very nice, all oak-panelled and cosy, and if you tried smoking something illicit, you'd get the entire pub high. Not that I've ever tried it! If you ever go for a pub lunch, they do a really killer fish and chips there.
it wa a pretty poor movie i thought.
enjoyable but after lotr narnia was of a much lower standard.

the faun walked like a computer.
when they're on top of the hill looking across the lake (?) it looked like dukes of hazzard background.
the story was a typical hollywood rush through. here we want to show 2 people fall in love an build a loving relationship, but we've only got 14 seconds - right a kiss can do for that...

and it was too childish. i know its a childrens story, but the movie was r15 so children cant watch it, but too much of it was pretty lame.
i'd rather pete jackson had made a 9 hour version of it ;-)

____
Tony

@b-tone: Are you mad? Challenge jackson to make a nine hour version and he'll do it! ;)
He doesnt need challenging!

B tone, if you're sesperate for a film showing to people falling in love slowly, then check out before Sunrise / Before Sunset - I really enjoyed them, very un hollywood, very real - feeling.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
is that the one with the couple walking round paris? i think i've seen them but not too impressed :\
although was it all in one take? or maybe very long takes? nice, but kind of scripted and a bit predictable
books are much better - authors dont often have to show something in a limited time - mush more free.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy