World Cup 2006 (Soccer)

Posted by felirrari 
Re: World Cup 2006 (Soccer)
Date: January 05, 2006 05:17PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
yeah true but beating argentina is a real boost for us and the group we're in but i think most of the teams have a equal chance of winning
Date: January 05, 2006 05:31PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
We've got so many better captains than Beckham in the team - Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Campbell, Neville....

All (except Lampard) captain their respective league sides well, or have done. And frank lampard shouting at you to up your game is gonna make you move!

There was a nice piece in the Telegraph last saturday by Will Greenwood on how to win the World Cup. One was sing the national anthem - and its a good point. It instills some much needed national pride, and gets the adrenaline pumping. Hell, Lawrence Delaghio had tears in his eyes singing God Save The Queen in the Rugby World Cup final in 2003, and look how he played. If a 6'4" mountain of a bloke like him can get a little emotional, I think the footballers could too. And should!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 05, 2006 05:54PM
Posted by: Guimengo
felirrari Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man, you need to watch more TV... hehehe. RC is
> the best left back in the world! Maybe at this
> moment, he isn't so good but i remember that he
> was the 3° best player and he is a defender! We
> have good players too, but Cafu and RC are in the
> top always.
>
>

You need to watch more TV. boy :P. I feel I made a good point on my other post so I don't have to explain why your selection of players is so rubbish :P.

And by Ronaldinho I mean what you guys call Ronaldo. Ronaldinho Gaúcho is what you guys call Ronaldinho; therefore, Ronaldinho still needs to get his confidence back, playing the way he is (even though he's been very important to Real) isn't enough for someone like him ;-).
Date: January 05, 2006 06:46PM
Posted by: felirrari
Who did expect that Ronaldo could be the best player last Cup??? You have your point of view and i respect it, but in my opinion Julio Cesar and Cicinho are not prepared to face up a Cup in the top 11. Who would you choose to sub Rc and Cafu? They are the best and i know that Parreira knows that. Its a WC! He can't test anyone...

Date: January 05, 2006 08:08PM
He doesn't have to test anyone ;-). Just check one page back and you'll see :)
Date: January 05, 2006 08:26PM
I wish Parreira could give a chance to Alex. He is a great left midfield better than Ricardinho (my opinion).

@ Guimengo: What do u think about the others countries?

Date: January 05, 2006 08:45PM
Posted by: Wirah
My Brazil Lineup would be

GK - Julio Cesar
DR - Cicinho
DL - Roberto Carlos
DC - Juan
DC - Lucio
MR - Juninho Pernambucano
ML - ?
MC - Ronaldinho
MC - Kaka
FC - Ronaldo
FC - Robinho

My England line-up would be

GK - Paul Robinson
DR - Jamie Carragher
DL - Ashley Cole
DC - Sol Campbell
DC - John Terry
MR - Shaun Wright-Phillips
ML - Joe Cole
MC - Steven Gerrard
MC - Frank Lampard
FC - Michael Owen
FC - Wayne Rooney

Date: January 05, 2006 08:46PM
Honestly I am wishing to see Italy go back to being a great squad, even if only to lose to Brazil in the playoffs. I don't know though, I can't write my picks for their team as I've been away from any contact with the Italian league and I may make a mistake or forget someone, but apparently Del Piero has revived so who knows, him and Totti in the midfield give it a lot of quality, good technique and passing, not to mention both can score!

Netherlands are looking good, I love Marco van Basten and he is the right person to bring Netherlands back to what it once was, even if there's not the same talent as it was a while ago. He was a brilliant player, he knows the game and he has shown he is a good coach; everyone has to watch out for them, they have lost unfairly many times before when they played a beautiful game but I hope it happens again, as I want Brazil to win :P.

Will write more later, have to go!
Date: January 05, 2006 08:50PM
Posted by: tripleM
Isn't the world cup something like 6 months away still?

A lot of things can happen in the time.

Date: January 05, 2006 09:20PM
Wirah, you'd play Carragher? I'm not convinced he's quite there yet for the international level. Maybe switch him in for Neville in a couple of the easier (lol) games, but I think experience in defense is going to be key.

I'd love to see a good Italian team, and Netherlands playing the fast football they were so good at. Brasil as ever good to watch, but I think that teams can pressure their defense quite effectively.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: January 06, 2006 02:08AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
IMO....

Brasil
GK - Dida...DL - Fabio Santos/Felipe/Maxwell...DC - Lucio...DC - Juan/Gladstone...DR - Cicinho...MC - KaKa...MC - Emerson...MC - Alex/Juninho Permacumbano [Lyon one ;)]...AMC - Ronaldinho...FC - Adriano...FC - Ronaldo/Robinho/Fred/Rafael Sobis

England
GK - Robinson...DL - Cole...DR - Neville...DC - Campbell...DC - Terry...MR - Cole J/Wright-Phillips...MC - Gerrard...MC - Lampard...ML - Cole J/Downing...FC - Rooney...Fc - Owen/Defoe

Italy
GK - Buffon...DL - Fabio Grosso...DR - ?...DC - Nesta...DC - Materazzi...MC - Pirlo...MC - Gattuso...ML - Totti...AMC - Del Peiro...FC - Gilardino...FC - Pazzini!/Toni/Cassano/Vieri/Inzaghi

no idea for ducth squad ;) except that Heitenga, Sniejder and RVN should all be in :P
Date: January 06, 2006 02:41AM
Hahaha Mini, love how you spelled Pernambucano ;). But have you picked some of those guys based on Football Manager? :P If that guy Felipe is about 28 years old, then he is indeed a brilliant player (kicked butt against Real Madrid in the 98 Club Championship final) but he has a severa attitude problem, unfortunately. He has everything to be amazing but it's been sad to see someone with his talent waste his career away. Oh, and he's not a wingback since 97 ;), he's a midfielder
Date: January 06, 2006 04:25AM
Posted by: LS.
Mini Maestro Wrote:

>
> England
> GK - Robinson...DL - Cole...DR - Neville...DC -
> Campbell...DC - Terry...MR - Cole
> J/Wright-Phillips...MC - Gerrard...MC -
> Lampard...ML - Cole J/Downing...FC - Rooney...Fc -
> Owen/Defoe
>

>
>
>

hmmm dunno about Defoe, he seems to go awol when he pulls on the england shirt, plus he's a dwarf, bad enough with owen being a midget upfront with out two of em

Hate to say it but i think peter crouch is a much better option up front with owen to play off and distract the defenders with his bizzarre gangly body :p

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 06, 2006 09:57AM
There's no room for crouch in a starting lineup if owen's foot heals by the World Cup. I mean we'll have rooney playing his Man U position and Owen. Defore and Crouch simply arent good enough to replace either. And we NEED owen fit.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: January 06, 2006 02:58PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
-Mikey- Wrote:
> Is Van Persie likely to be in the starting 11?
>

Mini Maestro Wrote:

no idea for ducth squad except that Heitenga,
> Sniejder and RVN should all be in :P

@ mikey, yeah he is in.. van basten said he is one of the most important players, same as robben cocu. and Kalou if he gets dutch passport.

@mini , nah i don't thinh heitinga would play and sneijder is a doubt to with cocu, landzaat and van bommel on the midfield.

Magic Senna
Date: January 06, 2006 07:03PM
What about Robben? Is not a good choice? Van der Sar, Davids, Seedorf???

Date: January 06, 2006 08:14PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Robben is a excelent choice. "They" sai he is the new cruijf. but I doubt that. van Persie is much better and further @ the moment..

about van de sar he is the goalie so he will be there mayby as captain. and davids probaly to if he plays alot @ tottenham. And seedorf nah he isnt there @ the WC.mayby as a supporter. but not in the team....

Magic Senna
Date: January 06, 2006 08:53PM
Netherlands its a great team. I'm sure that will be hard to beat them.

Date: January 06, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
TBH, I can't see what all the fuss is about. Australia's going to wipe the floor with the lot of you.
Date: January 06, 2006 11:06PM
I rate Robben very highly, and Van Persie has a lot of talent too, but for me Robben is more dangerous.

And Matt, you've got a few very good players! Viduka is good, and the bloke who plays at liverpool.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy