Jobs/Occupations

Posted by GLD 
Jobs/Occupations
Date: January 04, 2006 04:55PM
Posted by: GLD
Hi Guys...

I'm sat here bored at work behind my desk, looking at different jobs that i can go into once i get my degree and it got me thinking, what do you guys all do?

I'm currently in university in Cardiff, UK studying for a politics degree and i also work part time for the university in the accomodation section...doing general admin stuff...boring but the pay gets me through...

So what do you guys all do and wh is gonna give me a job when i graduate lol...seriously tho...im quite interested to find out

Please click my sig!
Re: Jobs/Occupations
Date: January 04, 2006 05:03PM
Posted by: senninho
I'm the Network Fault Co-Ordinator for an ISP in the UK - basically, if something goes wrong i have to make sure it gets fixed and that people know what's going on. Unfortunately, we're not taking people on. Indeed, most of our helpdesk jobs went to India :(

Date: January 04, 2006 05:05PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Sorry, can't help you. I'm also a politics student, in Sheffield. And I have no clue what I'll do after I finish myself.

[Website]
Date: January 04, 2006 05:06PM
LOl i was kidding bout the job thing, i have a few options lol...too many to make a decision...unfortunately professional lottery winner doesn't tend to bring a steady income ;)

I have to laff that on the prospectus of the uni...one of the jobs listed in the politics bit is librarian hehe

Please click my sig!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2006 05:07PM by GLD.
Date: January 04, 2006 05:20PM
Posted by: Peat
Im on a mid-degree work placement designing architectural metal-work (staircases/railings/structural)

been here 5 months, need to do 9. cant wait to finish. its doing my nut having to argue with architects who havent got a clue!!!

Date: January 04, 2006 05:22PM
Posted by: danm
architects such as myself in the making eh Peat!? ;) lol

second year of Architecture at portsmouth uni!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 04, 2006 05:24PM
See i wish i had done someting cool...i worked with a civil engineer for 9 months...i should have gone in for that....stupid politics

Please click my sig!
Date: January 04, 2006 05:28PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
theres a lot to be said for doing a degree that gives you a definate career direction. I did Anthropology. D'oh!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 04, 2006 05:29PM
Posted by: Vader
Maybe it's time for "The Official FBI 2006" thread. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 04, 2006 05:34PM
lol

Please click my sig!
Date: January 04, 2006 05:38PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
DO IT

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 04, 2006 06:41PM
Posted by: Red Sam
And I have no clue what I'll do after I finish myself.

Get a tissue? ;)

I am a local government officer in Essex, on a fast track Graduate scheme.

I did European Politics.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 04, 2006 07:11PM
Posted by: Gazork0
I used to have a paper round, but the stupid newspaper made me redundant by hiring bastards with vans to do it (and all the other rounds in my town) instead.

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: January 04, 2006 07:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i'm doing a 12 month MSc course in Document Analysis.

if i'm successful with job applications when i finish, I could work for the FSS (Forensic Science Society) in one of their document labs in either Wetherby, Huntingdon, or London, or could work for a private company such as Document Evidnece Ltd in Brimingham.

i'm still researching the other routes, such as banks or insurance companies, working in fraud investigation.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 04, 2006 07:49PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I'm in my first year of a Law degree at Cambridge. The career options are quite open - but it's fairly obvious what most people do! I'll probably train as a Solicitor in criminal law, although if I can find the money, I'd much prefer to be a Barrister.

Alternatively, I might go into politics if the right opportunity came along.

Date: January 04, 2006 08:54PM
Posted by: mortal
Pubic hair snipper for a professional Playboy Photographer, no degree required. My job is to snip away any stray hairs from the bikini line before the photo shoot.........well, I can dream can't I?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 04, 2006 09:45PM
Posted by: Zcott
@GoAlesi:

What college are you at? My girlfriend is at Churchill studying NatSci.

Date: January 04, 2006 10:15PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Queens'

Date: January 05, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

lol mortal ;)

I work in Freight, my company does all the imports and exports for UPS which is cool, though today, its dead (i started work at 6am and its now 7am) and i have pretty much done all my work, so im going to have a slow day :(

Date: January 05, 2006 12:26AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > lol mortal
>
>
> I work in Freight, my company does all the
> imports and exports for UPS which is cool, though
> today, its dead (i started work at 6am and its now
> 7am) and i have pretty much done all my work, so
> im going to have a slow day

Same here....It's painfully slow at my work as well...10:20 and I've got one job on my desk, then nothing..might take tomorrow off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy