BIG PROBLEMS!!!

Posted by madotter 
BIG PROBLEMS!!!
Date: January 04, 2006 10:42AM
Posted by: madotter
HELP!

My pc wouldnt boot at all, kept coming up with internal error and just constant restarts. It started scanning for IDE devices and crashing, coming up with 101 errors and wouldnt go near the windows screen. everytime it would flash just before windows loaded it would die. Ite been over 1 day and now its finally in windows, so i dare not to restart or shutdown!

Any ideas of what it could be, is my pc gonna go boom?

Iain
Re: BIG PROBLEMS!!!
Date: January 04, 2006 11:10AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well the obvious thing is HDD failure, or on the way out.

Go to your Hard disk brand's website (western digitsl, maxor, seagate, hitachi, samsung) and download their hard drive health program, which determines if its gone tits up. I'd back up your important files now, too.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 04, 2006 01:36PM
Posted by: senninho
If it's failing to find drives that have always been there, it could also be the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It may be worth starting there, as it's the cheapest thing to replace ;-)

Date: January 04, 2006 03:38PM
Posted by: Zcott
You need to defraggle your motherdisk NOW.

[www.datadocktorn.nu]

Date: January 04, 2006 04:15PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: -qwerty- (IP Logged)
Date: January 4, 2006 11:10AM

Well the obvious thing is HDD failure, or on the way out.

Surely if it was a HDD failure it would scan for the IDE devices fine before giving the errors. Disconnect the HDD and then boot it and see if it at least finds the other drives without a problem

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 04, 2006 04:25PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Possibly, but as we can't see his monitor, we've only got a slightly dodgy account of the problem, so HDD still sounds the logical problem.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 05, 2006 01:42PM
Posted by: gav
Unplug all the hard drives and cd drives. Completely. Boot it (it won't actually do anything, obviously), but see if it can do this repeatedly without 'crashing' or freezing.

Go into the BIOS and check that the time and date is correct.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy