For all you James Blunt fans

Posted by Covfan 
Re: For all you James Blunt fans
Date: December 19, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> reminds me when the media was telling people to
> hate the Beatles for John Lennon's comments!
>

Or "Rolling Stone" saying that EVERY SINGLE one of Zeppelin's albums was utter crap...

My favourite was for Zepplin III:

"The acoustic tracks remind me somewhat of their earlier stuff, but toned down a few decibels so that it could be likeable... but still isn't"
Date: December 21, 2005 10:03AM
Posted by: Peat
Same with NME.

Its a magazine that annually publishes a 'cool list'. Basically tells you whos cool.

Im sorry but a publication that dictates to the reader who is cool and who isnt aint worth any of my time or money.

Oh yeah, keeping on subject: I dont like James Blunt at all. I think its generic drivvle but i dont blame people for liking it as it is so totally innoffensive and straight down the line that if you dont have specific tastes your gonna like it.

Iceman Paul i see likes KEANE and EMINEM. very differnt types of music (both i couldnt give 2 shiney ones about either) that show he doesnt have specific tastes. Its horses for courses, i am passionate and obsessional about my music and am quite picky whereas alot of people just enjoy music as a whole.

nothing to be roasted about (although im guilty of doing that to people)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2005 10:08AM by Peat.
Date: December 21, 2005 10:07AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Anyone who knows anything about music doesnt buy the NME. They overhype every band that they currently like - declaring the strokes "better than the beatles". They're so clique-y, anyone that doesnt have longish hair and wear skinny jeans is automatically uncool :/

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 21, 2005 10:09AM
Posted by: Peat
yep, exactly what i was trying to say.

Date: December 21, 2005 10:51AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
@ Peat: Yeah I have very different tastes in music. I can be happily listening to Eninem one minute, but then stick Brian Adams on or something and equally enjoy it.

I tend to enjoy a little bit of everything.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 22, 2005 04:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Does nobody other than me find it insulting and offensive that James Blunt can sell records? His voice is appauling, the lyrics have no content other than what looks to be have been produced by 5 year olds and there isnt actually any music to the song. Its just noise. The whole thing is so bad its offensive to the music industry. Theres alot of music i dislike but can aprpeciate because there is some ammount of skill in it but i find James Blunt so poor i really will walk right accross the stock room at work, just to turn it off to be free from it.

On the subject of buying what your told to buy: Why do people find this idea daft? People will buy whats cool. That is shown constantly. When they become uncool, the sales drop. Magazines like NME and stations like Radio 1 add to it so much. Its not always about what people like, tbh, its usually not. A couple of weeks ago they were playing generic depressing song endlessly from a band that even the DJs said nobody will have heard of (from Iceland IIRC). It was played because t was the singer from Coldplays favorite song. So? Who cares if its favorite song? Oh! Coldplay fans do because coldplays currently in the cool section, so this songs cool because they like it.[/rant]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2005 04:41PM by DaveEllis.
Date: December 22, 2005 04:46PM
Posted by: Covfan
I liked Sigur Ros before Coldplay liked them. Coldplay can just bugger off if thy're going to hijack my musical tastes.
Date: December 22, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Dave, what you put in your 1st paragraph is precisely what i've been saying about Blunt. I agree 100%.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 22, 2005 06:31PM
Posted by: six degrees
he sings like he's having a stroke.
Date: December 22, 2005 07:11PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I thought he sung like someone had hung him up by his balls...
Date: December 22, 2005 07:12PM
Posted by: six degrees
that too!
Date: December 22, 2005 07:55PM
sigur ros are actually very good.

Again, who are we to say what is good and what is bad? I personally think korn is the lowest form of "music" possible, but I wouldn't presume to tell a korn fan his music taste sucks ass.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: December 23, 2005 07:20AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
very big circles we're going in here, but to claim ur offended by james blunt's music is absurd. I like it, am i offensive to you? Dave likes HIM, I don't, I don't call it absurd or make comments about a 5 year old.
Date: December 23, 2005 11:11AM
Why is it absurd? I find it offensive to the music industry that something so utterly appauling IMO can actually be printed to a CD and sold in exchange for cash. He cant sing, he cant write songs, he cant play music. I fail to see the actual attraction to buying his CD other than, in the UK, radio 1 has told people to. To me, its a dark day for the music industry when manure like this out sells records from people who can sing, can write music, and can play instruments.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2005 11:15AM by DaveEllis.
Date: December 23, 2005 11:16AM
We could do this all day, but in the end it comes down to personal taste - you or i haven't the right ot say what is "good music". His voice is actually fine anyway ;)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: December 23, 2005 01:33PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
OK...I have no idea who James Blunt is (thankfully, judging by whats on here). But musical taste is very, very subjective. Personally, if people want to spend their money and listen to this drivel then thats fine by me. I have my MP3 collection, so I can listen to the music I like instead..and the cricket, if thats on.
Date: December 23, 2005 01:56PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
dude as if you've never heard of james blunt...is newcastle really that backward? ;)

and dave it's absurd because claiming someone "can't sing" or "can't write music" is about as personal a claim as you can make, particularly when i'm the stark opposite of opinion, in that i believe he can sing and he can write music. Based on that opinion of mine, your whole argument goes out the window, so what you're saying can't be true for all people, and therefore doesn't affect the music industry as you're claiming it so incessantly does.

I have absolutely no problem with you not liking james blunt, he's definitely different, and i don't make an effort to cnovert people's music tastes, but i have a problem with such rash generalisations and claims which simply don't make sense.
Date: December 23, 2005 02:49PM
and dave it's absurd because claiming someone "can't sing" or "can't write music" is about as personal a claim as you can make

->

Why is it absurd? I find it offensive to the music industry that something so utterly appauling IMO can actually be printed to a CD and sold in exchange for cash.

I see it as one of the worst songs i have EVER heard by far. His voice is @#$%&, his musical skills (does even play the "music" in the background?) suck, and his lyrics are so simplistic they belong in a nursery rhyem. Disgree if you want but as i've stated from the start thats my opinion, and the fact that someone went as far as making this (hillarious) flash presentation and MP3 shows it certainly isnt only 1 or 2 people that think it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 23, 2005 03:06PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Erm... Britney Spears rules as well as the latest Gwen Stephani CD!

ps: course not :P
Date: December 23, 2005 03:10PM
Hey! I actually really like the gwen stefani cd, I think she's ace.

This argument is going nowhere, but at least we can agree that musical tastes are subjective. LOL that it took 2 pages tho :p

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy