Federal Anti-Game Legislation

Posted by NeilPearson 
Federal Anti-Game Legislation
Date: December 08, 2005 12:41PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

read an article over at [www.gtasanandreas.net] <---click for it ;)

its rather interseting what the dude writes about how the government are trying to stop games like GTA series being released but have a massive loophole

Re: Federal Anti-Game Legislation
Date: December 09, 2005 08:44AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Ha, they should take a look at our rating system. THAT's a perfect example of how to censor what people can and cannot play.
Date: December 09, 2005 09:25AM

we have the esrb thing here matt ;)

Date: December 09, 2005 08:50PM
It's only for show though. All our games are classified by the Office of Film and Literature Classification. ESRB ratings don't mean crap here.
Date: December 09, 2005 08:59PM
Posted by: LS.
must admit that i'm amazed that these GTA games are being allowed to be released, gang culture on the rise along with gun crime and car thefts.

Last thing you need is for 7 year olds being allowed to play them and think that sort of behaviour is acceptable,

Maybe the blame lies more with the parents, but that still doesnt alter the fact that these GTA games have no redeaming features about it.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2005 09:00PM by LS..
Date: December 09, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: matt3454
they are extremly fun to play tho

Date: December 09, 2005 09:11PM
The problem lies with people playing the game who can't distinguish between the game and real life.

I play GTA, quite regularly,yet I don't have the urge to wear gold chains, steal cars and take drugs.

The Government (the Australian one anyway) needs to introduce a R18+ classification (like there is for movies) and actually devise a way to truely restrict access to the games for people who shouldn't be playing them.

But at the end of the day, if people want to do something, chances are they will and no amount of regulation or contol is going to stop them.
Date: December 10, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: LS.
Bernie The Bolt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem lies with people playing the game who
> can't distinguish between the game and real life.
>
> I play GTA, quite regularly,yet I don't have the
> urge to wear gold chains, steal cars and take
> drugs.
>
>
> -----------------------------------
>

Thats all and well Bernie, because we've got a modicom of common sense :p

But you will get the people that are easily persuaded that will fall into the catagory that will be influenced.

Theres been a thread about driving GPL at racesim central where the person said playing GPL had possibly saved his life when he lost control of his car and he reacted to the loss of control like what had become second nature to him playing grandprix legends.

Thats a case for the positive side of gaming experiences though, but it did prove a point that gaming can influence you in the real world.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2005 12:04AM by LS..
Date: December 11, 2005 02:01PM

the thing is though, your going to have people taking things the wrong way with anygame... even racing sims, they think there l33t and since they can drive fast on a computer they can do it in ther shittly little box car and consiquently bam into the tree they go, or worse another car.

i know that i shall be well prepared when i start my job at black mesa in a few months time though, i'm bringin my own crowbar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy