Arrested Develpment

Posted by -qwerty- 
Arrested Develpment
Date: December 07, 2005 01:26PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Has anyone seen this? Its the funniest sit com I've ever seen, and its also probably the smartest too. It has a really odd filming style, odd characters and a Ron Howard narration too.

If you haven't seen it yet, its on at 2330 BBC2 in the UK, and I believe channel 7 in Australia, Fox in america. I've ordered the DVD of series 1 for 16 quid off cd wow.com.

The only show for mwe that gets near it is Peep Show in oddness, but man itds just fantastic!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: Arrested Develpment
Date: December 07, 2005 01:37PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
a friend and i watched season 1on dvd straight through over a holiday week last year, sensational stuff ;)
Date: December 07, 2005 01:43PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

it came on foxtel (pay tv in aus) and i never got a chance to watch it fully, so i have skipped it until i get it from the start to the end.

what i have seen has been good tho!

Date: December 07, 2005 01:52PM
Posted by: matt3454
its been cancelled.

FOX decided they didnt want it no more and cut the series from 22 episodes to 13. also decided they dont want another series after the current

=(

Date: December 07, 2005 01:59PM

w00t

fox kill all the good shows.

futurama being one

Date: December 07, 2005 02:08PM
Posted by: matt3454
yep, futurama was my favourite show. the characters were so funny. not sure why they cancelled but it was always compared to the simpsons due to it being made by matt groening. i thought futurama was better than simpsons anyway

Date: December 07, 2005 02:12PM
Posted by: Peat
Its on sunday nights i think on bbc2. very good. really funny stuff.

Date: December 07, 2005 02:16PM

FOX completly ruined futurama, they never gave it a decent time slot (they put it on at like 10pm kinda thing) and it never got the ratings they wanted cos all the kids were asleep. and then it got axed.

chanel 7 who had the rights to it here in australia kinda did the same, they gave it 7:30 timeslot on a friday night, but again alot of people go out or kids in bed kind of thing, so it didnt work and they bumpe it to like 10pm tuesday nights.

Zoidberg is the GREATEST character ever.

Date: December 07, 2005 02:22PM
7:30 pm is a pretty good time slot neil, any day of the week! :)

I'm glad other people have seen it too, appartently its big in aus on this evidence :p

GOB is the best character! And Tobias is bloody hillarious, blue man group scenes are so funny :D

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: December 07, 2005 02:32PM
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 7:30 pm is a pretty good time slot neil, any day
> of the week!

i dont think it is for a childrens/teenager's show on fridays... when it came on, i missed alot of episodes cos i was out and about.

Date: December 07, 2005 04:36PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
I've been watching this, must admit, wasen't sure at first, but the fact I've been making time to watch it shows it's doing something right.
Date: December 08, 2005 02:19AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think it's super funny, my roommate downloaded many episodes (he never catches it on TV) but it's a shame FOX keeps switching time slots... I'm sure they'll have some "reality show" come in though o_O
Date: December 08, 2005 02:47AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
yea neil's right, any show goes to friday or saturday nights to die. Here in Aus, anyway!

Date: December 08, 2005 03:11AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Except Hey Hey It's Saturday...that survived 25 years on Saturday nights.
Date: December 08, 2005 03:28AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
i am still sad the WB cancelled my favorate show

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: December 08, 2005 09:15AM

well hakkinenF1 it got stupid! i seen 95% of the angel episodes, and the ones i havent seen are from the latest season where he takes over that lawyer place.

@#$%& that.

Date: December 09, 2005 03:14AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
i didn't see the last tow seasons,but i red spoiler and i know every thing
i gree the third season was not as near as good the seconde and first.
but Joss Whedon is a genuese,smart dialuges an expected events
there will never be a smart show as smart as Buffy and Angel.

gooooz fra ba
Date: December 09, 2005 04:50AM
Posted by: Guimengo
What's the name of this topic again ? ;-)

(by the way I am being subtle at hinting he's very wrong ;))
Date: December 09, 2005 02:05PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
BBC2 always had it after Match Of The Day, but it's still a bloody good show. I personally like Tobias. He tries so hard, yet fails so spectacularly! Anybody see the ones where he dressed up as an English nanny? LMAO!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: December 09, 2005 02:36PM
that was a brilliant bit of writing! Everyone knew it was him, but they liked the fact they didnt have to iron their own shirts, so let him be :D

The best bit was when Tobias was sent to look after the mother, so went ot her house (she was out) and was in his Blue Man Group paint, so she walked in, hit him with a broom, and blasted a rape alarm right in his face! It was even funnier cos the whole scene started with the mother telling Michael she had been attacked by a "coloured man" (cos he was blue) - the whole show is based on clever wordplay / missunderstandings.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy