Superman Returns.....................

Posted by LS. 
Superman Returns.....................
Date: December 04, 2005 09:26PM
Posted by: LS.
If they've done half as good a job as they did with the Batman franchise then i'll be a happy man :)

[supermanreturns.warnerbros.com]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: Superman Returns.....................
Date: December 04, 2005 09:47PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Eh, more men with their underpants outside their clothes and rubber muscles in Muk's sigs then. :P
Date: December 04, 2005 10:10PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Superman always watch the series ;)

Magic Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2005 10:16PM by IL Dottore.
Date: December 04, 2005 10:35PM
Posted by: Lemming
yeah, batman begins was amazing, if they do the same with superman i'll be really pleased too.

Date: December 04, 2005 11:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i saw the trailer last week, and thought it was dull as heck, apart from the Marlon Brando voiceover from the original movie.

but i suppose it was only a 'teaser'.

and my loyalties lie with Batman, so no Superman sigpic from me...but i hope its a good film.

and its supposed to be the 'sequel' to the original '78 movie isn't it, not a complete restart like Batman Begins was?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 05, 2005 12:56AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I just can't wait to see wynyard train station madeover to be the hospital, that'll look awesome ;)
Date: December 05, 2005 01:14AM
Posted by: DrDougal
Batman is a big miserable nob with no real super powers. The only good thing about batman was the funny shows they did with robin in the seventies, which went "twack" everytime someone got hit.

Superman is a real super hero who don't need no car! The trailer made it look like Christopher Reeve as well. Should be good.
Date: December 05, 2005 01:32AM
Posted by: Karan19
yeahhhh looking forward to this one. Hope they do a good job with the movie. Always been a Superman fan :) But even though this actor fills in the physical requirements for the role, dont think there'll ever be one better than Reeve :(
Date: December 05, 2005 02:08AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just can't wait to see wynyard train station
> madeover to be the hospital, that'll look awesome

and University House, in Newcastle, made out as a bank. It looked pretty cool when I drove past before they started filming.
Date: December 05, 2005 02:19AM
Posted by: LS.
Warning: Spoilers

Superman Returns director Bryan Singer talked during a recent charity auction and gave several details about the film, courtesy of a Superhero Hype scooper.

* When a gentleman asked if the goofy aspect that he loved about the old Superman flicks would be in Returns, Bryan answered that he is trying to steer clear of "goofy" but it is definitely the most romantic and humorous film he has done to date.

* There is no truth to the rumor that there is a clause in Brandon Routh's contract to do a Superman/Batman crossover flick, only a standard Warner Brothers multi-picture deal. Although I was later told that even though it most likely will never be seen in the movie, the set was so detailed that the Daily Planet newspapers were all filled with stories, including a "Bat Creature" being spotted in Metropolis with a picture of a shadowy Batman jumping off of a building with Jimmy Olsen photo credits. Very cool. Bryan also mentioned that the only time he ever considered a Batman/Superman movie was when Wolfgang Peterson was attached, and just thought how he would do it. "Who would be the bad guy? It'd have to be Batman. But he can't be that bad...he's Batman!" He said tonight was the first time he had thought about it since then.

* As confirmed already Noel Neill (The Adventures Of Superman's Lois Lane and Lois Lane's mother in Donner's '78 film) will be making a cameo, which Bryan described as a important one, in addition to Jack Larson's cameo featured on Bryan's Video Journal #25 and in the Comic-Con footage.

* When asked about Kevin Spacey's portrayal of Lex Luthor (whether he was a scientist, billionaire, etc.), Bryan said that Lex is "fresh out of jail" and that his history with Superman and/or Clark doesn't tread one way or another over the groundwork left by Smallville. Only that the two characters have some kind of history as we join them in the movie.

* Bryan agreed with someone in the audience that the biggest change to the Superman mythos he made was giving Lois a kid with James Marsden's character (not a raised S logo). He thought this was something that you've never seen Superman deal with before that his version brought to the table. You've seen Superman save every disaster, but how would he deal with this? The world has moved on a bit, but it seems Lois has completely moved on.

* To keep Clark's disappearance under wraps, Martha Kent sent postcards to Lois during his Daily Planet hiatus. In the Comic-Con footage Martha asks Clark "What about that nice girl you used to talk about? The one you had me send post cards to?" or something to that effect.

* There's roughly 1,400 effects shots to be completed to the movie, and although obviously an expensive movie, the budget has been exaggerated a bit on the net, and is still roughly under 200 million.

* The opening credits will feature John Williams classic Superman march, with a new score by editor/composer John Ottman integrating old and new themes. I believe I also caught a mention that the opening credits will feature some of Superman: The Movie.

* There's a huge plane action scene, briefly seen in the Comic-Con footage, that may run 20-25 minutes and is going to be BREATHTAKING and UNBELIEVABLE.

* A huge amount of time and effort went into fighting gravity so there wouldn't be any "droop-age" when Superman flies, including clever camera maneuvers and several green covered men puppeteering the cape at any given time.

* Superman being able to breathe in space (and underwater) is addressed in the movie, and yes he has to breathe in Bryan's Super-World. He is "too logical" in his thinking to let these things fall under the suspension of disbelief category.

* The raised S under the suit is addressed, as is the costume's origin in some way.

* The sets are incredibly detailed, down to the stack of business cards on Perry White's desk, and some of the props have already gone on sale at the prop department for cheap as heck. (Someone has already snagged Lex Luthor's smoking jacket for twenty bucks.)

Meanwhile, filming in Sydney took place at the corner of Castlereagh St. and Hunter St. It

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 05, 2005 05:18AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
i liked smallville..hopefully this is half decent.
Date: December 05, 2005 06:02AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I got high hopes... Superman is perhaps my second favorite hero, only behind Spider Man :).
Date: December 05, 2005 05:00PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ DrDougal, the whole point of Batman is the fact that he is a real, normal man, who just happens to have loads of money, so is able to build/buy fancy weapons, but has no superpowers. if you were rich enough, and trained everyday, you could, could become something like him.

and there should never be a Superman/Batman movie. how could it work, when 1 is supposed to be a real man with no powers, yet the other is effectively an alien who can fly and stuff? This idea was mainly by Warner Bros to re-ignite both franchises in a modern way, but after the success of Batman Begins, they understand that they can re-launch both franchises separately, and make them successful in their own right, without having to do gimmicky combined movies.

and about the subtle wink to Batman by the Superman movie (reports of a Bat creature in the Daily Panet newspaper) there may also be a possibility of a reporter from The Daily planet showing up in a future Batman movie, at a press conference or something, so each franchise gives a nod and wink to the other.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 05, 2005 07:31PM
Posted by: KaseyKahneFan
Tbh this film doesn't look all that great. Batman Begins on the other hand was brilliant, loved the way this Batman was esentially the one out of Year One and Dark Knight Returns, exactly how I always imagined Batman.

But I'll reserve judgement on Superman till I see it, never liked him though; too many powers!
Date: December 06, 2005 10:25PM
Batman pwns Supermans arse pure simple. Batman is waaaay cooler than Superman. Superman is just too wholesome. Plus if you shake a bit of Kryptonite at Batman, he doesn't turn into Taki Inoue like Superman does.
Date: December 06, 2005 10:30PM
if you shoot Batman, he dies. If you shoot Super Man, he'll look at you and laugh ;)
Date: December 06, 2005 10:33PM
No Batman would them reveal a bullet proof vest or summat, and then take out the bad guy with a bat-boomerang or something, whereas Superman would just toss a 60 foot petrol-tanker on top of him. Thats just silly. Batman is real. :P
Date: December 06, 2005 10:43PM
Posted by: KaseyKahneFan
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Batman is waaaay cooler than Superman.

Exactly. Everything about Superman is silly, how good he is, his only weakness being a non exsistent element and the fact he keeps his identity secret with glasses... I mean glasses WTF?

Superman is just stupid! Batman is far more 'realistic' (use the term broadly!) and that's why he owns everyone.

Date: December 06, 2005 11:01PM
Super Man isn't stupid. The people who can't see past the thick glasses and gel hair are the stupid ones, not Super Man! :P
Date: December 07, 2005 01:44PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

how long did it take u to guess gui ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy