Somebody got severely owned on ebay...

Posted by Gazork0 
Re: Somebody got severely owned on ebay...
Date: January 10, 2006 12:14AM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Six Degrees, another example of human stupidness:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

its £14.99 on Play.com, and £13.99 on HMV's website!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 10, 2006 02:26AM
Posted by: six degrees
*goes to place a bid*
Date: January 10, 2006 05:37AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
hey, maybe the buyer knew it was only the box and wanted to pay that much anyway?
Date: January 10, 2006 05:43AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Date: January 10, 2006 03:41PM
then why would he leave -ve feedback at express disappointment at receiving only the box?

Date: January 10, 2006 04:15PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam

I'm pretty sure the ebay rules don't allow a revision once there's been a bid. Forgive me if that's been said, I didn't read every post.

That is the case with ebay, like Muks says, only if theres no bids you can change a listing, after that you can't change the title, any description revisions are added to the bottom with clear dates of when it was added, you can change things like buy it now, reserves and postage, also can add pictures... But I'm certain you cannot change the title or the main description after bidding has started ;)

Ebay is a fantastic place to shop... if you know what your doing! You can very easily get scammed on there, when bidding on something obviously top on your lists of priorities should be reading through the descriptions thoroughly... also you should checking the sellers previous selling style... you can tell alot by this, if a person normally sells books and stamps for example and all of a sudden has Sony Vaio laptops for sale, ain't hard to notice something fishy's going on :) of course it could be legitimate, so check their listing styles too, the way they set out their listings... obviously there is the feedback itself, but as you've seen, peoples accounts can get hijacked so I don't fully trust them... Also if someone only accepts paypal and dosn't accept collection, thats a big one, Western Union payment is the most obvious give away for a fake :) As long as you do your homework and not just go nuts bidding without looking ebays great :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 04:31PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 10, 2006 07:22PM
yep, just be careful, and do a bit of reading before getting excited and carried away, and you should be fine. i've done over 200 transactions (buying and selling) and so far, haven't been scammed (touch wood).

and about the revisions you can and can't make, (copied & pasted):

The seller may make revisions at any time during the listing period. Please take note of the following:
If the seller's item has received NO bids or sales and does not end within 12 hours, the seller can:

Revise anything in their listing except the selling format (for example, the seller can't change their auction item to an eBay Shops item).

If the seller's item has already received a bid/purchase or ends within 12 hours, the seller can only:

* Add to the item description or add a second category.
(Exception: If the seller's listing already has a bid/purchase AND ends within 12 hours, the seller can't add to their description or add a second category)
* Add optional seller features to increase the item's visibility.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy