RIP George Best

Posted by Craigo 
Re: RIP George Best
Date: November 25, 2005 09:54PM
Posted by: madotter
Im hoping ur not going to agree with these petty arguement within threads!!!!
Date: November 25, 2005 10:44PM
Posted by: KeAnE
He lived his life the way he wanted to live it. Who the f*ck are we to judge?!

RIP to an amazing footballing legend.

Date: November 25, 2005 11:09PM
Posted by: Vader
KeAnE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He lived his life the way he wanted to live it.
> Who the f*ck are we to judge?!
>
> RIP to an amazing footballing legend.
>

I am not trying to take anything away from his status as a football legend, but I know how desperate some people are in need of new organs. If someone has the privilege of getting a new liver and then still doesn't stop drinking, it's plainly a waste of organs. Someone else could have been much happier with the liver. Getting a second chance and still don't stop drinking is stupid. Everyone can make a mistake - I have no problem with that. Making the same mistake twice makes a person lose my sympathy. And please don't come with bullshit like "fighting addictions is hard". It isn't. I know from my own experience. If you really want to, you can do everything possible within the limits of human abilities. If you can't you don't want it hard enough.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 25, 2005 11:11PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
George knows fighting addictions isnt hard - he beat drink. But he went back later and fell into the same trap, after promising people he would stop drinking.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 25, 2005 11:55PM
Posted by: chet
sooo if i became an amazing football player... retired...
took up smoking.. died would i deserve respect for my death?

im not trying to say hes dead respect him... but he is getting treated like a murderer here.

he did good for his country... we should remember the good things he did. not the bad.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 26, 2005 12:01AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
He is a murderer...indirectly.
Date: November 26, 2005 12:42AM
Posted by: matt3454
in no way was he a murderer, directly or in-directly. did he abuse his new liver so much that it killed him? it was a kidney infection so stop making out that he drank to much and that was the cause of his death. he is one of the best footballers england and northern ireland has ever seen.

R.I.P

Date: November 26, 2005 02:43AM
Posted by: chet (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:55PM

sooo if i became an amazing football player... retired...
took up smoking.. died would i deserve respect for my death?

No. If you took lungs by jumping up the waiting list because your a footballer, therefore depriving someone else of this option, and then abusing them again, then yes, you do deserve it.

As has been said, that could be indrect murder if a eprson died because a liver was not avalible because George was boosing it up

he is one of the best footballers england and northern ireland has ever seen.

Im not sure what relevence that has in death to me.

Remember, this has all been mentioned with bringing up his drink driving and wife beating, both of which are utterly disgusting.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 02:50AM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 26, 2005 03:09AM
Posted by: Craigo
Dave ive gotta be honest ur comments are sick, i dont particulary like besty but ... well i just think ur comments are wrong and wel tbh ur a dick

Date: November 26, 2005 03:33AM
Actually im an a$$hole, theres a difference. Get it right

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 03:36AM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 26, 2005 06:16AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I can appreciate not respecting the man for the way he lived his life, but to label someone as scum in an RIP thread which the forum traditionally has had for people to say RIP and leave a small comment is plain rude, dave. Nobody's expecting you to say anything if you didn't want to, half the threads are british people i've got no idea about (this one excluded) so I don't bother with them.

Dave I don't know who you're trying to impress with every post you make nowadays taking a swipe at someone or something, but it gets a bit tiresome.
Date: November 26, 2005 09:48AM
Posted by: b-tone
go find gascoine now and call him scum, but when he dies from booze etc show respect to his family. even if that respect is your silence.

if someone close dies due to drinking or smoking would you want to hear them being called scum and deserving to die?

RIP

____
Tony

Date: November 26, 2005 10:34AM
Posted by: gav
b-tone Wrote:
> go find gascoine now and call him scum, but when
> he dies from booze etc show respect to his family.
> even if that respect is your silence.

Saying as I'm a Geordie and we love Gazza, I have to problem with him living his life the way he is. I had no problem with the way George Best lived his. That's the definition of cool (cool is not always good I hasten to add).

However, if I were Gazza, I wouldn't expect a new liver, or kidney or anything else replaced that has been savaged by my livestyle. If I were a hard drinker (and I've gone through the phases), then you take the good with the bad.

There's a hell of a difference between living the life, and robbing a potentially innocent being of a 2nd chance.

That comment wasn't necessary aimed at you - there were a few posts in this page that I could have quoted.

And yes. RIP, though I haven't and won't respect him in any way, shape or form.
Date: November 26, 2005 12:10PM
I can appreciate not respecting the man for the way he lived his life, but to label someone as scum in an RIP thread which the forum traditionally has had for people to say RIP and leave a small comment is plain rude, dave. Nobody's expecting you to say anything if you didn't want to, half the threads are british people i've got no idea about (this one excluded) so I don't bother with them.

Dave I don't know who you're trying to impress with every post you make nowadays taking a swipe at someone or something, but it gets a bit tiresome.

To be quite honest mate, i dont care. Once again im singled out because im me, i didnt make the first comment, i didnt even make the last. I wasnt the only one who called him scum, hudnreads have over forums, and i wasnt the only one in this thread

I wont apologise for holding the popular opinion. Couldt care less whether you find my post tiresome or not. If your that bothered, dont read them.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 26, 2005 12:23PM
I actually respect Dave for posting what he's thinking all the time and being honest and himself. Obviously not everyone is going to like what he's saying. In nearly 19 years of living I've never come across a character that every single person in the world loves. I even found someone at college who can't stand Murray Walker. :-o

The only thing I could say about Dave's comments is that in this kind of thread, they are perhaps best kept as thoughts rather than actions to avoid personality clashes in what should be a thread of respect and rememberance.

I say again, RIP.

Date: November 26, 2005 12:25PM

Posted by: KeAnE (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2005 12:23PM

I actually respect Dave for posting what he's thinking all the time and being honest and himself.

Perhaps you guys are correct in that it should have been a different thread, or maybe not at all, altho like Paul said, you wont get any dumbed down stuff from me ;-) But since someone managed to post an objection politely (thanks Paul :)) I wont say anymore in the thread about it. Shame Mods here cant split threads or anything.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 12:26PM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 26, 2005 05:00PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
i'm not sure how differently I could've worded it so for you to say i worded my 'objection politely' so I won't bother try again.

For you, however, to say if I don't like it don't read it, is just absurd. AND, to claim I singled you out because you are you is equally absurd, note the general nature of my post towards you as of late, not this thread. Additionally, without going back to page 1 and checking, i'm pretty sure you were the only one who used the word 'scum'.
Date: November 26, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: Wirah
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> I can appreciate not respecting the man for the
> way he lived his life, but to label someone as
> scum in an RIP thread which the forum
> traditionally has had for people to say RIP and
> leave a small comment is plain rude, dave.
> Nobody's expecting you to say anything if you
> didn't want to, half the threads are british
> people i've got no idea about (this one excluded)
> so I don't bother with them.
>
> Dave I don't know who you're trying to impress
> with every post you make nowadays taking a swipe
> at someone or something, but it gets a bit
> tiresome.

Here, here.

Date: November 27, 2005 12:25AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> I can appreciate not respecting the man for the
> way he lived his life, but to label someone as
> scum in an RIP thread which the forum
> traditionally has had for people to say RIP and
> leave a small comment is plain rude, dave.
> Nobody's expecting you to say anything if you
> didn't want to, half the threads are british
> people i've got no idea about (this one excluded)
> so I don't bother with them.
>
> Dave I don't know who you're trying to impress
> with every post you make nowadays taking a swipe
> at someone or something, but it gets a bit
> tiresome.

*Hear, hear* ;)

[Website]
Date: November 27, 2005 12:31AM
Come on guys it's been sorted now. Lets stick to to topic and have some respect.

There was a program on BBC1 about Best last night, did anyone see it? He sure did pull some great moves on the pitch lol :-o

I ain't a great footie fan, but even I can tell he was good LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy