Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Top Gear
Date: December 28, 2005 03:32PM
Posted by: gav
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any idea if Top Gear is back on relatively soon,
> given that this series is so short?

It'll be so short because instead of just editing our version for the yanks, they're actually recording it specifically for them. Possibly just the studio bits, and specific road tests, but I imagine that's why they're 'cutting it short'. A victim of it's own success in one way, the fault of the Americans for not being able to use the language they claim is another reason. ;)

As for GT4... it's not the track that's inaccurate, it's everything else. It really does show just how far removed from simulation "simulations" can be.
Date: December 28, 2005 03:33PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
but he HAS spent a number of hours on the REAL track.

I think that's rather better experience.

OMG JEZZA IS A GT4 NOOB!11111!1

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 28, 2005 03:33PM
Posted by: Zcott
Yeah, let's get Clarkson to play NR2003 or the PCC Mod for rF!

Date: December 28, 2005 03:57PM
Posted by: Zyklef
As Gav said, it's not the track that's inaccurate on GT4, it's more the phyics and tyre physics especially. Also, on a related note, we didn't see which tyres Clarkson chose on the game. If he chose 'Sport' tyres, the default option on GT4, he will have had a performance advantage over the real car as these are meant to represent cut-slick tyres as opposed to normal road legal tyres, aptly named as 'Road' tyres in GT4.
Date: December 28, 2005 07:10PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Posted by: Covfan (IP Logged)
Date: December 28, 2005 03:03PM

Yeah, that Laguna Seca track looks highly unrealistic. God, the Indycar Racing 2 Laguna Seca track looked more realistic.

Are you serious? GT4s Laguna Seca is stunningly accurate. Ever watched a real race there?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 28, 2005 07:14PM
Posted by: Covfan
What I meant was with the car the track was unrealistic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy