F**king Apple!

Posted by Ianwoollam 
F**king Apple!
Date: November 10, 2005 07:19PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I go and accidently forget to copy my "My Documents" folder across when I was formatting my PC, so I've gone and lost my music collection, no worries I thought, I'll just re-rip my CD collection and re-download my tracks from iTunes...

BUT NOOOO!

Damn F**king money hogging Apple won't let you re-download your music! EVEN THO THEY KNOW YOU'VE PAID FOR IT BEFORE! You have to pay again!

ARRRRRGH! I.. HATE... APPPPLLLLLEEEEE!

Why can't they just let you re-download it?? I know you could say download it on another PC with your username/password, but thats the whole point of Computer Authorisation with it! All they need to do is look at my PC authorisation thingy, see its not the same PC, and bring up the "You can authorise this on 5 more PC's" message!

Sod them, no chance I'm going back! ** Packs his bags to go illegal again! **

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: F**king Apple!
Date: November 10, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
You expected more from Apple? there worse than Microsoft.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 10, 2005 07:44PM
For once, yep I did expect more... Why the hell do I keep going back and trusting Apple :@ Get an iPod Mini, sell me a broken one and refuse to replace, get songs off iTunes, won't let me redownload...

Well thats it... I've spotted a Apple store at the Trafford Center... its time for revenge ;)

Date: November 10, 2005 07:56PM
Posted by: madotter
the illegal way was always the best way ;)
Date: November 10, 2005 08:05PM
Posted by: Gazork0
The only reason I use iTunes is because of my Shuffle. Plus ripping CDs is a real breeze :)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: November 10, 2005 08:26PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I love apples. They just work! Was having a play on a Imac G5 the other day, now THAT is what a PC should be.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 10, 2005 08:37PM
A PC should be incompatable? :|

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 10, 2005 08:45PM
Posted by: Glyn
If Tesco can offer you redownloads of music you'd bought (http://www.tescodownloads.com/) but Apple can't, it does kinda reinforce the fact anything Apple is just a plain ripoff.

Date: November 10, 2005 08:51PM
No, a PC should be something that loks amazing, works great and is fast. Those imac g5s really are incredible.

THey're not for everyone, but I'm gonna have me an apple one day. And its likely they won't be "incompatable" for much longer anyway, they're ditching the IBM chips and going intel.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: November 10, 2005 09:01PM
well looks are an opinion of vcourse, i think Apples have always looked poncy (my god the iMac).

Wasnt the G5 the one they claimed was faster than any PC ever, but when investigated Apple got a slap around the head and a big ass fine because infact it wasnt, they underclocked the AMD and the Intel they compared it to..

Whatever floats your boat i guess. They are a complete waste of money to me.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2005 09:02PM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 10, 2005 09:03PM
Posted by: Glyn
I can't remember why the G5 wasn't as fast, but I do remember that claim they made, which was rather funny :)

Date: November 10, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: Zcott
If you lose a CD when you're moving house, should you be allowed to walk into HMV and pick up all the cds you lost?

Date: November 10, 2005 09:10PM
No, you just go to your HDD :P

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 10, 2005 09:14PM
These arent the G5 towers, these are the G5 imacs, the ones with the widescreen built into the unit.

"The fastest PC in the owrld" was a bit silly, but there's no denying these IBM PowerPC G5s are very, very fast indeed.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: November 10, 2005 09:20PM
Posted by: Muks_C
of course it's silly, wtf is a 'owrld' ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 10, 2005 09:25PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The fastest PC in the owrld" was a bit silly,
> but there's no denying these IBM PowerPC G5s are
> very, very fast indeed.

But they're not good enough to stop Apple switching to i386's.

[Website]
Date: November 10, 2005 09:48PM
If you lose a CD when you're moving house

Thats completly different, even though I did lose my music due to my own doing, there are situations where its out of your hands, for instance, If your Hard Drive dies, That wasn't your fault, but you've still lost all your music you've bought, if your CD becomes damaged, you can usually either take it back to the shop, or send it to the manufacturer for a replacement...

Also another CD would cost money to produce... having a re-download function costs nothing except maybe 3mb's worth of bandwidth and the costs of bandwith vs CD's + case + inserts is massive.

Date: November 10, 2005 10:01PM
Posted by: Vader
I agree with Zcott.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 10, 2005 10:07PM
@Ferrari Fuhrer:-

-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
And its likely they won't be
> "incompatable" for much longer anyway, they're
> ditching the IBM chips and going intel.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>

:)

They are going x86, and its a bold move. The PowerPC chips just arent clocking as well as they were expected to, and a G5 laptop is essentially impossible because of the heat. That said, the Xbox360 uses a 3 core Power PC cpu at 3.2ghz, so it must be possible. Mneh!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: November 10, 2005 10:20PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I remember finding a video about a guy who absolutely hated macs (incidentally, he made the video with a mac ;)) and basically went about how crap they were and kicked the hell out of it etc etc

One thing that will stick with me was what he said about deleting stuff with a mac...

"You f**king idiot, you deleted it! You ain't gettin' it back! You're using a mac for crying out loud! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy