The Hurricane 500

Posted by Korn_Freak 
The Hurricane 500
Date: September 03, 2005 12:09PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
The USPITS are running a charity event for the hurricane in america.

I am thinking of Running in it, to enter it, and to enter I need to pay $20 USD (I presume) and i wanted to know if anyone would want to sponsor me for this? I will be putting the $20 up, and anything else i get will be going in :)

whatever u wanna put in will be appreciated :)

one more thing, if you decided to sponsor me, i shall put a logo or name or whatever u want on my car :)

PM me if ure interested :)

[thepits.us] for more info.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2005 01:01PM by Korn_Freak.
Re: The Hurricane 500
Date: September 03, 2005 07:09PM
Posted by: Gazork0
I just love these charity events, thinking of joining in on the race...

If not I'll probably donate some $$$ :)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2005 07:10PM by Gazork0.
Date: September 03, 2005 07:16PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Why would you donate money to the Richest country in the world, who have shown that money is not the problem - it is there own organisational skills which was the problem

"We will once again show the world that when the worst happens, it brings out the best in America" - G.W. Bush, today. Well if this is the best America has to offer, i dont want to see the worst. 3rd world countries would be ashamed of this response

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: Karan19
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
3rd world countries would be ashamed of
> this response

thats exactly what I was telling my mom yesterday when they were showing footage of all the people languishing in the superdome. So-called 3rd world countries have handled natural disasters better than this. With all their umpteen resources you would think the affected people wouldve been a bit better off than they are.
Date: September 03, 2005 09:41PM
Posted by: Vader
Blaming George Bush won't help those who lost everything. Especially the poor black inhabitants of New Orleans are not exactly Bush supporters and the US government isn't eager to help them either. These people need our help.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 03, 2005 09:42PM
Its good saying that, but what is "our" help? Realisticly, all we can do is send our money. Our money then gets given to the American government and put to use. But since they have shiwn they do not know how, and when to use, whats the point?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2005 10:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Its hardly as bad as the wait for aid after the tsunami. Yes its 5 days, yes its slower than it should have been but feasibly im not surprised that its taken this long, people in the superdrome were getting aid in from day 1 by helicopter (ok only water and ration packets but @#$%& me id kill for that @#$%&). And yes maybe the police should have been used for aid purposes instead of keeping the order but the logistics in getting to new orleans meant that it was the last place availible for the food parcels to get to. Fair maybe michael moore is right that bush cares little about these poor southern black voters but he also knows the longer the delay the worse his image will be - i severely doubt that he consciously delayed the effort because the people were black
Date: September 03, 2005 10:36PM
Posted by: markko
Dave is right. Going over there and physically helping them would be the best way, sending cash to the US Government is clearly going to do absolutely nothing. Its a shame they can spend billions on war in Iraq, yet so little in their own country. Americans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2005 10:37PM by markko.
Date: September 03, 2005 10:54PM
Whjo said something about sending cash to the US gov? YOu could support REd Cross or any other independent organisation that's helping over there.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 03, 2005 11:15PM
Posted by: _tux_
Vader Wrote:
> Whjo said something about sending cash to the US
> gov? YOu could support REd Cross or any other
> independent organisation that's helping over
> there.

but why cant the american government give them cash? why should it be up to us? there have been many articles estimating what would happen if a big hurricane hit the city and its basicly a carbon copy of what actually happened. who the hell would build a city under sea level?
Date: September 03, 2005 11:20PM
Why? Charity doesn't know a "why". If someone needs my help he will get my help, regardless if other people could help as well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 04, 2005 12:21AM
Posted by: _tux_
[news.yahoo.com]

you want to donate to a country like that?

"They killed a man here last night," Steve Banka, 28, told Reuters. "A young lady was being raped and stabbed. And the sounds of her screaming got to this man and so he ran out into the street to get help from troops, to try to flag down a passing truck of them, and he jumped up on the truck's windshield and they shot him dead."

Wade Batiste, 48, recounted another tale of horror.

"Last night at 8 p.m. they shot a kid of just 16. He was just crossing the street. They ran him over, the New Orleans police did, and then they got out of the car and shot him in the head," Batiste said.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:34AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I struggle to believe stories like that.

Regardless, think of the situation from the poorer residents of New Orleans, dominantly black, that don't vote Bush and thus they're not getting much help. If we donate money, to say as Vader suggested the Red Cross, they get help. I don't give a crap what the government's doing, I sent money to help the people of the tsunami (as I know a lot of you here did) as I will send money to help the people of the hurricane.
Date: September 04, 2005 10:53AM
Posted by: Rubidius
_tux_ Wrote:
> >
> you want to donate to a country like that?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What do you mean by a "country like that" ? Are you seriously saying that just because some cruel and evil Americans have committed brutal crimes, you think it's wrong to help some of the most vulnerable people in the world? People whose government doesn't care about them, and has made a pathetic effort to help them? You think they should just be left to starve and dehydrate, because a handful of Americans are evil?
Date: September 04, 2005 11:03AM

Posted by: Vader (IP Logged)
Date: September 3, 2005 10:54PM

Whjo said something about sending cash to the US gov? YOu could support REd Cross or any other independent organisation that's helping over there.

The Red Cross is still not in there at the moment anyway, so giving your money to them will also achive nothing.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2005 02:03PM
The Red Cross is helping.

[give.redcross.org]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 04, 2005 07:42PM
Yes, the American goverment is also helping. The problem is all of this help has come far too late as everyone sat about twideling there thumbs going "oh dear, thats ashame".

Most of the people have now been rescued, the focus is begining to turn to removing the dead to stop disease spreading even more. America has finally admitted fault and asked EU help.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy