Bluetooth usb adapter woes :(

Posted by LS. 
Bluetooth usb adapter woes :(
Date: August 31, 2005 10:13PM
Posted by: LS.
Got this today [catalog.belkin.com]

And can i f**k get it to work, it has a flashing L.E.D on it so its definately connected, and my Bluetooth is activated on my mobile phone [www.samsung.co.uk]

Yet its not detecting it, it detects the missus's phone, so maybe my D500 is faulty, its always been a bit hit & miss when trying to swap ringtones etc with other bluetooth users ( or is this a common thing with B/T ?

When it detected the missus's phone i could see the device in the B/T screen but could'nt access it in anyway.

Theres no instructions with the B/T Adapter so how are you supposed to use it?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2005 10:17PM by LS..
Re: Bluetooth usb adapter woes :(
Date: August 31, 2005 10:32PM
Posted by: keiran
Weird :s I have a bluetooth USB adapter for my phone and it works fine, it also works fine with my Dad's. Can't think what it could be and as far as I was aware bluetooth is bluetooth so it couldn't be a wrong device. I know my Dad's new phone wont accept his bluetooth hands free thing but it does pick it up as a device. Does the bluetooth adapter work fine with other phones for transfering stuff etc ??

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: August 31, 2005 11:23PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
A mate of mine has a D500, and her bluetooth never works with other people, her phone never gets picked up while searching....so I'd guess its a phone issue, as if Mrs LS' phone is recognised the adapter is clearly all good.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 01, 2005 12:34AM
Posted by: markko
A mate of mine has had the same issues with his Samsung phone. The Bluetooth cannot be picked up, cant send files, cant receive files. Very dodgy bluetooth on this Samsung model. He also cannot get it to connect with his PC, even though it appears everything is setup correctly. Its just a real pain I'm afraid. All the advice I can offer is using Google with your woes.
Date: September 01, 2005 12:28PM
Posted by: Lemming
I had a problem with my adapter, if you have the same problem as me, go to device manager in my computer, and disable Microsoft bluetooth radio.

Windows installs it's own drivers, and the adapter does the same and they just start fighting so you need to split them up.

Date: September 03, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: Mack
Well i have the same phone and my bluetooth is fine, never had a problem. You say B/T is activated but have you also turned your phones B/T visability on?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy