Ricoh Arena: The new home of Football

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Ricoh Arena: The new home of Football
Date: August 23, 2005 08:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah go norwich....go down to the second division where you belong

actually given you're fourth from bottom its not too far down anymore is it :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2005 08:36PM by ChrisB.
Date: August 23, 2005 08:45PM
Posted by: jonny
My team were the 1st to lose at Rioch Arena..:(

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: August 23, 2005 08:55PM
Posted by: Covfan
3-0!
3-0!
3-0!
Date: August 23, 2005 09:01PM
Posted by: jonny
You were lucky ;)

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: August 23, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: matthewp
I remember you saying about that on VROC a while back when I said about Swansea's new stadium, looks impressive. This is our new one, not quite as good but pretty good for league one :) (and we're newly promoted so it was potentially for a league two side) Was originally called White Rock but the when the lib dem led council took over from labour they basically wanted to put their mark on the project and scrapped the name (funniest bit was they had already put the road signs up so they put bin bags over the white rock bit) they tried to get a sponsors name for it but havent yet and at the moment its officially called "the new stadium swansea" which is an embarresment frankly.

My season ticket is in the R of Abertawe :) (note the partly transparent roof to help the pitch, thought that was cool :) )

Date: August 23, 2005 09:21PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Sweet! Its an awesome looking stadium, you've got prime position too :D
Sad to see the Vetch go though, hey.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 23, 2005 10:56PM
Posted by: matt3454
wow, for a league one stadium thats good, alot bigger than the bescot, but not better:p
Date: August 23, 2005 11:07PM
Posted by: bestobritish
both stadiums look very impresive! what are thier capacities?

ive got to get up to highbury 1 last time (or more!) this year, i saw em 3 times at higbury last year n it wasnt enough!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 24, 2005 12:09AM
I think the capacity of the swans stadium is 20,500 (we got 16,700 for the opening game against Tranmere) I beleive they've built it in such a way that they can extend it to 25,000 relatively easily if needs be.

Sad to see the Vetch go though, hey.

sad in a way, had some good memories there; the one that sticks in my head most was against Hull on the last game of the season a few years ago, we had to win to ensure we didnt drop out of the football league for the first time in 76 years I think it was. Packed into the vetch with 11,000 others; belting out the national anthem before the game was a definate lump in the throat moment, was the most incredible atmosphere i've ever experienced in a sporting event and I doubt it'll ever be surpassed for me.
On the other hand I will not miss the toilets which resembled a piss stained cave and watching a match in the new stadium is definately a more comfortable experience than being rammed in a terrace with half the people blowing fag smoke in you're face (new one is non smoking thank god)

edit: heres the Vetch for comparison :)

edit2: we won 4-2 btw :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2005 12:23AM by matthewp.
Date: August 30, 2005 12:56PM
Posted by: Covfan
MORE RICOH!

Date: August 30, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
Hehe that kid looks frightened of that mascot. Is that a norwich fan in the first pic (i know that was coventry's first game - vs norwich)? Nice stadium you got there.

Date: August 30, 2005 02:33PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Coventry played at Norwich first game. And tbh, they were quite poor.

But not any worse than Norwich last night. We really are bad atm :( The worst thing is, unlike Ipswich who just ahve a bunch of teenagers playing for them, we have a group of individual players who are as good as, if not better, than the group that won us the league two years ago. But they aren't performing well as individuals, and not as a team either. It's very depressing.

Date: August 30, 2005 02:56PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
lol @ huckerby getting sent off. bit offtopic but why did he get sent off?

Date: August 30, 2005 08:21PM
Posted by: BigD
cant wait to go to the new stadium to see the mighty blades complete the double over coventry later this season!
Date: August 30, 2005 09:12PM
Posted by: LS.
When the stadiums finished will they be taking down the scaffolding?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 31, 2005 12:33AM
Posted by: Sauber89
"The worst thing is, unlike Ipswich who just ahve a bunch of teenagers playing for them well"
you've got best team on paper in the league and you've got 3 points nicely played budgies bring on september 18th
ricoh stadium is superb btw really like it look forward to visiting later this year

Date: August 31, 2005 11:58AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Huckerby got sent off for swearing at the Ref. He thought he was fouled, and jumped up and went balistic at the Ref for not giving it. What an idiot! And now he'll miss the derby too :(

Well, we drew 3, thenh lost 3, so now we should win 3! That'll include the Ipswich game. Unfortunately, I'm not that optimistic :(

Date: September 10, 2005 07:06PM
Just thought i'd mention I just got back from our stadium where Swansea beat Bristol City 7-1 ;)
Bit disapointing really we had a goal disallowed, hit the bar and had the keeper at full stretch with a shot from our own half..should have had 10. :D

Date: September 10, 2005 08:14PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
rofl, nice :D

Hows the new stadium's atmosphere compared to the vetch matt?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 10, 2005 10:52PM
Atmosphere in the league opener against Tranmere when we had 17,000 in there was brilliant, about the equal to a packed Vetch on a friday night game (that would have been about 10,000)
Since then we've been getting 12/13 thousand and its not quite as good as the Vetch usually as with most all seater stadia, its still quite good though certainly better than similar venues i've been too (Tranmere and Reading away both have all seaters and the atmosphere was abysmal)
Was pretty lively today though once we got past the 4-0 mark :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy