Football Forums

Posted by Football Forums 
Football Forums
Date: May 14, 2005 01:37AM
Posted by: Football Forums
Hi there, i notice some of you like football..

well i have created a new Football (soccer) forum and invite you all to join

I hope i'll find you all there and help make this a success

[s11.invisionfree.com]
Re: Football Forums
Date: May 14, 2005 03:02AM
Posted by: mortal
You are mistaken, we hate soccer, and I'll bet that Vader hates you as well........meanwhile, we love Formula 1, in any shape or form, and right now it is not round and inflatable, pick up your ball and leave, now...... :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 14, 2005 10:20AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
cough splutter (tea everywhere) MORTAL! SOCCER?!

NO!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 14, 2005 11:34AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
i like nothing better than to kick back god knows how may times a week to watch 22 overpaid wimps chasing a bit of leather around a field for one and a half hours and shouting 'oi oi' every now and then for good jest!

its so much better than formula one! BORING! Its just watching cars go round and round. I could drive around a circuit for 2 hrs once a fortnight, peice of piss.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOTBALL SUCKS MANPOLE!

Date: May 14, 2005 11:35AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
hehe! I'm guessing if i really wanted to talk about soccer i wouldn't be on this forum, like you wouldn't go on a soccer forum to talk about F1 ;-)

[Website]
Date: May 14, 2005 12:41PM
Posted by: Sete Gibernau
It is a nice idea but it's not suitable for a racing forum...

Remember the legends
Date: May 14, 2005 01:02PM
why not? Are we all so boring that our only sporting interest is F1?

Personally I love rugby and football as well as F1. Football uis generally morew interesting to watch than F1...don't want to start a flame war, but y'know, there's nothing like watching your team in a pub with your mates.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: May 14, 2005 02:03PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
agree qith qwerty football pwns formula 1 for the excitement factor.
Date: May 14, 2005 02:28PM
Well I'm not personally saying that I never talk about anything other than F1. Indeed, I talk about many other things than F1. However, this is an F1 forum (thus the discussion is F1-based). Nevertheless, we can talk about football, and indeed I do sometimes. However, we can do it in the off-topic forum, there's no real need to take it out of the off-topic :)

[Website]
Date: May 14, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: Zcott
Excitement is good, but I like strategy stuff. Like snooker. And F1. Football for me is the epitome of boring!

Date: May 14, 2005 02:47PM
But strategy is what footie is all about! If you usually play a 4-4-2, and your opponents play a 4-5-1, you need to play a striker slightly further back, or have someone like terry pushing into midfield.

Wonderful game imo - but obviously I can understand it isnt everyone's thing :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: May 14, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: iceman kimi
i dunno, i find football terribly boring to watch on tele. I enjoy going to games because of the atmosphere etc but to watch it on tele kills me. I just find it so boring, its just too simple in my opinion. The most complex thing is the offside rule which really isnt too hard to get is it!?

Date: May 14, 2005 02:57PM
One other thing that puts me off enjoying football (apart from the lack of interest in the game itself!) is the fans. Like it or not, football fans have developed a pretty poor reputation. And the kind of people who really enjoy football just aren't my kind of people.

Some of you might know that I'm really into music, and I can't think of a single musician who I work with who enjoys football. I think there must be some kind of incompatibility there!

Date: May 14, 2005 03:03PM
Posted by: Button14
football is great, and well..thats that!
Plus i know many musicians who love football

Date: May 14, 2005 03:27PM
For sure, football fans have a reputation.

I think its to do with your upbringing, for a lot of people, football is a very emotional thing, their team have been a constant presence in their life so its almost a part of them, so when some one insults the team (or they lose) it can get ugly. Its also a class based thing too I think, you don't get the same trouble at rugby matches at all. I'm not the kind of person who gets that attached to a team, I enjoy football kind of in a more abstract way, just enjoying watching the game, particularly when you get teams paying wonderful football, like arsenal last season, or chelsea this year.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: May 14, 2005 03:46PM
Posted by: chet
i like watching big matches like the final and the world cup etc...

but there is only 1 thing in my life... f1! it rules over all.. even the ladys :P

wen i watch football i enjoy it.. and i play every wednesday and friday afternoon and am not that bad a defender :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 14, 2005 04:41PM
Posted by: genesis
"However, this is an F1 forum (thus the discussion is F1-based)."

This is the off topic forum to be fair :P And football has plenty of strategy like qwerty's pointed out!
Date: May 14, 2005 05:56PM
Yeah, I know this is the off-topic forum, that's my exact point as to why we don't need another external forum to talk about football - because why do it there when we can tlak about it here?

[Website]
Date: May 14, 2005 06:21PM
Posted by: andrew_S
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why not? Are we all so boring that our only
> sporting interest is F1?
>
> Personally I love rugby and football as well as
> F1. Football uis generally morew interesting to
> watch than F1...don't want to start a flame war,
> but y'know, there's nothing like watching your
> team in a pub with your mates.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> i once heard someone tell a joke and one of my
> friends actually said out loud 'lol', i just shook
> my head and thought to myself 'wtf'
>
>

I agree exept watching your team live ;)

but anyway, i get bloody sick of all the people who bash football, calling it the puffs/wimps game/cheaters game, and its boring, and crap whatever. They have to say it everytime the topic is brought up....

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 06:25PM by andrew_S.
Date: May 14, 2005 06:30PM
Football is the puffs/wimps game/cheaters game!

[/flame]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy