The General Election

Posted by Red Sam 
Re: The General Election
Date: May 06, 2005 10:09PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
new cabinet just announced: [news.bbc.co.uk]

boy has john reid got the wrst job in the world right now.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: May 06, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I heareby prediction from last summer correct (that Gordon would remain Chancellor, never any doubt about it) :)

[Website]
Date: May 06, 2005 10:39PM
Posted by: Red Sam
im very pleased that there is a Europe Minister at Cabinet level :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 06, 2005 10:40PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Why has Paul Murphy been dropped from the NI post and has he been dropped to backbenches or been given another job in the Cabinet?
Date: May 06, 2005 10:51PM
It seems hes been dropped altogether, a tad unfair IMO if true :/

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 06, 2005 10:53PM
Yeah, same here. I saw the new Cabinet list on BBC News, he was a decent NI Secretary and he doesn't even keep some kind of Cabinet job. Unless he asked to leave Cabinet, but then wouldn't they have said he asked to leave?
Date: May 06, 2005 10:55PM
i cant get over the fact that there is no word whatsoever about him!

Hes a good guy :(

RedSam

Date: May 06, 2005 10:56PM
Yes. He was quite helpful to Mowlam when she was NI Secretary. I think I read that when he took over, something about his credentials for the job.
Date: May 06, 2005 10:57PM
yeah, he was a really good Junior Minister.

However, he did collapse at the Labour Conference last year - might be a bit premature to suggest but health *could* have something to do with it?

RedSam

Date: May 06, 2005 10:58PM
He collapsed?! I never heard about that. Or did I?
Date: May 06, 2005 11:00PM
wasnt serious, but it did lead to him missing his speech.

While we work it out - heres Kilroy!:)

RedSam

Date: May 06, 2005 11:01PM
hahahaha, loser!

[Website]
Date: May 06, 2005 11:02PM
Did anybody watch Have I Got New For You tonight? Kirsty Young said that when the result was announced, the colour in Kilroy's face drained and made a mess of his shirt.
Date: May 06, 2005 11:09PM
The full cabinet announced. [news.bbc.co.uk]. No mention of Murphy as expected. Do NI Secretaries still receive lifetime Special Branch protection? I know Mandelson does and Mowlam as well, but not sure about Murphy and Peter Hain.
Date: May 06, 2005 11:09PM
Date: May 06, 2005 11:32PM
Posted by: genesis
Howard's quit then, what a surprise!
Date: May 06, 2005 11:42PM
Just been on the Northern Ireland section of the BBC News site and found an article [news.bbc.co.uk] that says that as well as NI Secretary Peter Hain will carry on as Welsh Secretary. The article then mentions that Murphy has left to chair the Parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee.
Date: May 06, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
hmmm what about dave lammy?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: May 07, 2005 05:20PM
David Lammy is still a minister now, but I hear he hasnt performed too well in that role, so we will see :)

Thanks to everyone who stayed up with me Thursday night, btw :)

RedSam

Date: May 07, 2005 06:15PM
Posted by: Zcott
Northern Ireland sucks. :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy