monitor probs

Posted by rapid_f1 
monitor probs
Date: April 06, 2005 07:43PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
hello. one for the tecchies. my monitor jsut all of a sudden went to a purple/pink colour. i think one of the tubes in the back has gone. ive had the monitor about 5-6 years. is it cheaper to replace the tube or get a new one? the cheapest crt on ebuyer is £45. thanks.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: monitor probs
Date: April 06, 2005 07:48PM
Posted by: _tux_
check the cables, i dont think the tubes suddenly go like that, its gradule (sp?)
Date: April 06, 2005 07:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Defo the cable - had this before. If it was the tube (as far as I know there is only one cathode ray tube in a a monitor) the whole pic would be fux0red.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2005 07:54PM
ok thanks. by checking the cable do you mean move it around abit? all the cabls are securely fitted. theres a little kink in it but thats always been there. i know its not the graphics card because i put another monitor on it and it was fine.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 06, 2005 08:00PM
Posted by: Vader
A little kink can be enough to make a small wire inside the cable break. These rather inflexible monitor cables break comparatively easier then, say, a flexible mouse cable. If one of the RGB wires inside the cable is broken or if there is some loose connexion the display of colour will be corrupted

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2005 08:03PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
oh arsemonkeys i bought a new monitor when me old one went purple :(

I hit it when it was purple, usually worked :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 06, 2005 08:03PM
Posted by: _tux_
try the cable on another monitor & pc
Date: April 06, 2005 08:19PM
ok i will try to hit it first and then ill put another cable on. its working fine its just that its all purple/pink!

its working now. thanks!

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2005 12:04AM by rapid_f1.
Date: April 08, 2005 06:55PM
Posted by: matt3454
mines gone all yellow, all i do it whack it over the top. i doubt it will brake as its a brick from about 1995
Date: April 08, 2005 07:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
same i have a similar brick, although from 1997 :D, it often goes blue because the cable is fux0r3d (thats the right word aye?)

most the time i leave the screen blue cause it actually looks kinda cool

mind you im gonna have to get a new monitor soon, this one wont go about 1024x resolution and its maximum refresh rate is 80hz :\
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy