F1 Fans vs Network 10

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
F1 Fans vs Network 10
Date: February 18, 2005 01:35PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Or as it used to be known ..vs Channel 9.

Any of the Aussie forumers know what happened to it..seems to have disappared inbetween the Brazilian GP and now..
Re: F1 Fans vs Network 10
Date: February 18, 2005 01:42PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
cos channel 10 actually do a good job?
Date: February 18, 2005 03:09PM
You're kidding? No they don't...they're worse than 9...'seriously'
Date: February 18, 2005 11:45PM
Posted by: JPM
No way. How can you say it is worse than 9? The coverage from Australia with all the pitpass features are awesome to watch.
Date: February 18, 2005 11:52PM
Posted by: Boils
wtf? worse then channel 9?
not one GP has been delayed for golf or anyother sport.
and we actually get a review of qualifying.

they actually canned thier sunday night movie just so they could show F1 at the same time each sunday except for the live ones like canada USA and brazil.

remember staying up till 1am 2am and once 10 to 5am to see the START of a GP? that could have been shown at 11pm?

Channel 10 aint all that good but they are 100X better then ch9 and thats all that im asking.
Date: February 19, 2005 12:10AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Bernie - your sig is too big.

I know this as I made it :P

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 19, 2005 12:45AM
I am aware Norm. The Dark Lord has alreadu kindly pointed that out to me.

back on-topic - 9 and 10 both stuffed around with the GPs, especially when Big Brother is on.
Date: February 19, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
you aussies have it harsh, GPs at silly O'clock.

But oyu get ot live on a tropical island, with beautiful ladies in danger. Every cloud...

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 19, 2005 03:26AM
Bernie, this seriously must be a joke? you honestly think 10 is worse than 9?

and btw, how hard is it to get rid of a sig now that you've evidently had two members point it out to you?
Date: February 19, 2005 04:32AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
channel 10 is sorta better then channel 9
both are crap
but at least we get to see the bloody things
channel 10 do a fair job
they give us things that we wouldnt nomally get

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: February 19, 2005 05:58AM
Firstly, sig fixed. It should be an acceptable size now.

Secondly, SpaceAce, what to we get from N10 that we wouldn't normally get?

Thirdly, unless Foxtel picks up the rights (which with changes to the anti-siphoning laws could happen when N10's contract expires at the end of next year) Australian F1 fans are continually going to get shafted when it comes to coverage. Also, N10 hasn't improved things over Ch.9, IMO. We're still not seeing live races, what we do see is often edited to shorten the broadcast (I cite the Japanese GP in 2004 as clear cut evidence of that), we still have added ad-breaks in addition to the ones that are taken from the ITV feed anyway, and we still haven't got any qualy coverage (Australian GP aside).

So how is that an improvement over Ch. 9?

Oh, and I forgot to mention Bill Woods...he needs to be shot, replace him with Allan Jones and that should pick things up. Give Cromton the hosting role because he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.
Date: February 19, 2005 06:13AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i think N10 is better than Channel 9, no Darryl Eastlake for one.

N10 do cover alot more in F1 than channel 9 did, sure they dont do the qualifying or such, and to be honest, i dont want to watch F1 qualifying. watching it once a year is fine with me. with the way it is now, its nothing special.

n10 give more information than channel 9 ever did. and channel 9... well they just seemed so dull.

Date: February 19, 2005 06:28AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If your that desperate to see F1 then there are other ways

I get ZERO NASCAR coverage, but so far this week i've managed to see

The Budwiser shootout from Saturday
The ARCA race from Tuesday
The Daytona Quaifying laps
The Daytona Twin 150 qualifying races
Tomorrow i will see the Truck race
And in the next week i will see the Busch and Nextel events

Its even easier with F1

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 19, 2005 07:17AM
Your cited example of the japanese grand prix was a 1 off situation, if memory serves correct...there was major major programs on for 10 at the same time, thus was the reasoning behind the changed broadcast.

If you can't accept the fact that commercial networks rely on advertising revenue from their headlining shows rather than a sport that is not all that popular in this country anyway, you have problems which will not be fixed in the near future.

Willing Bill Woods to be shot is a little extreme, don't you think? I for one admire him, and all the work he does with channel 10 motorsport.
Date: February 19, 2005 09:01AM
The "major event" was the Bathurst 1000, and it's going to present a problem every year, thus the race wasn't shown live, it was shown soon after the V8s had finished. That's fine, I'll swing with that. What I don't swing with is cutting 1/4 or so of the race so that they can have everything finished the the 1 1/2 hours they set aside for the GP so that the news can start on time at 6pm. For a network that dubs itself the "home of motorsport" it is bad form.
Date: February 19, 2005 09:43AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

but they didnt cut the race short for the news, they did however cut it short for Australian Idol, or whatever @#$%& reality show was on at the time.

Date: February 20, 2005 02:09AM
Posted by: Boils
Thats right it was cut short because of austrialian idol and the news is "first at five"
were lucky they even showed it during the day, #9 hadnt done that for years
remember silverstone 2003, when ITV went to adds when that freak ran along hanger straight, 10 was going to but then came back and we got to see the marshal grab the @#$%&, unlike ppl watching in the UK (unless im very much mistaken)

i would like to see AJ there as hes always been a character, and id just like to see an ex world champ talk about current F1

really all ch10 does better then 9 is show the GP's at descent times reliably
and thats all that matters to me, although the japanese gp coverage dissapointed me its really aussie idols fault.
Date: February 20, 2005 02:26AM
Ch. 9 regularly showed the Japanese GP live. It was the Malaysian GP that was never shown duting the day.
Date: February 20, 2005 03:09AM
Posted by: Eagle
@Bernie.....I'm pretty sure they did actually show the first Malaysian GP live (in 1999), only because it was a brand new circuit, and the constructors championship was on the line....I think after that, they just played it at around 10:30 after the movie.

Was that the one where the Ferrari team donned those stupid red wigs??? The sight of Jean Todt wearing that wig still makes me laugh to this day!
Date: February 20, 2005 09:52AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
im actually thinking of boycotting watching the race live this year.. either qualifying or the race... i got the chance to go and practise in a studio, so i think that ill just tape it and fast forward all the crap :P

you do realise that we are going to get so many commercials its not funny.
i remember the N10 coverage the first year, they compared everythign to V8s it was soo stupid. at least they have improved

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy