unreal "tournament at collage

Posted by Button14 
unreal "tournament at collage
Date: September 21, 2004 12:08AM
Posted by: Button14
at college someone installed unreal tournament on the computer and eveyone could access it across the network all over the college so we were playing a LAN game against people all over college people we didnt know but it was just cool anyway

Re: unreal "tournament at collage
Date: September 21, 2004 12:37AM
Posted by: _tux_
i did that when i was at secondry school. stuck quake 2 on my laptop and shared it, because the network admins were tottal muppets (hopes gav is better then these ppl ;)) the entire school could play quake :D
Date: September 21, 2004 11:27AM
Posted by: gav
I'd happily encourage them lol.

We used to play Doom 2 over the High (Secondary) school when I went... shows my age lol.
Date: September 21, 2004 12:01PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Network admins at my school were a bit daft, but there was a few who were cool. Every year we had a big open event with stalls and fund rasiing and stuff for the school and we wuld have lan games over the network. Counter-Strike, Quake, Tiberian sun, Red Alert etc. After it was finished we were ment to remove the games but of course we never did

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 21, 2004 12:08PM
Posted by: sasjag
we had SimCity, Civilisation and Worms :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 21, 2004 12:38PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
we played quake, and our teacher would yell at us, realise the futility of his yelling, then go into his office and join the game from there :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: September 21, 2004 12:39PM
Posted by: six degrees
I got banned from computers at my school (well last 3 month of sixth form anyway)

Hacking, apparently, because I had a little util on my user area which allowed me to change the desktop background (everything was locked out on the old system, which was some weird hybrid of win 95/98... and this was 18 months ago!)
Date: September 21, 2004 12:50PM
Haha, we were using a remote version of Win3.11!

No hard drive, boot from the network card, and everything gets loaded from the server... man that was fun.....
Date: September 21, 2004 12:58PM
Posted by: LS.
we used to have the old BBC Micro's :S

you can keep your fancy quake & counterstrike :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 21, 2004 04:13PM
Posted by: NickKK
Lol we have one of those BBC's right now in college (no were not poor :P ) it's for taking data from some light gates that's all it can do :)

Date: September 21, 2004 06:06PM
Posted by: broders
i remember last year when we found a way to get into the windows folder, and tried to play hearts against each other:) never worked though :(

but the funniest thing was finding a util called "Win PopUp" in teh windows folder. eheh :) we could send messages to each other accross the rooms and school, untill once we pressed send to everyone, and on ALL the interactive whiteboards in the school messages appeared saying "hey" "im bored" and "lets get some work done :("
needless to say, we got told off, and my mate still hasnt got his internet access back, after over a year lol :)

but new for this year, windows XP, goddamn :| cant save my work in grapics, in ICT internet won't work unless your the first person to log on after the computer has been restarted (sept they now know a fix to this :))

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2004 06:06PM by broders.
Date: September 21, 2004 06:30PM
Posted by: villej
In our school we have about 30 computers with winXP and DVD-burner, but you can't use burners with normal student user account.. :S I have been told that it's some "bug" in xp. Everythime when you want to use burner you must ask a teacher to log in with admin account, and always when you need to do that, there aren't any teachers in class.. :|

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 21, 2004 06:47PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
i have been laughing at the technicians since my return to school they installed windows sp2 an there were major issues i had admin abilities for 2 weeks meaning the download rate was on average 5MB per sec.
the only games i have seen on my school system is a gameboy advance emulator and also colin mcrae 2
Date: September 21, 2004 06:54PM
Posted by: markko
We have 100's of emacs. Which means no games and no fun.
Date: September 21, 2004 09:02PM
Posted by: Glyn
They had a games club at dinner time at the college I was at, but the LAN wasn't independant so the lag was about 50ms which kinda defeated the point when you had broadband at home. Still great for killing friends though and then taking the micky hehe :)

Date: September 23, 2004 04:48PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
our skool we have stupid software called NetOp and it gives the teacher control over all the computers whenever they want and we cant find a way around it.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: September 23, 2004 04:53PM
The idea behind software like that is that you can't find a way around it ;)

It makes jobs like mine a hell of a lot easier...
Date: September 23, 2004 05:00PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Yeh, my school used GS98 and it was the most half arsed program in the world. Even word managed to over-write its security settings. Passwords werent encrypted or anything.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 23, 2004 05:35PM
Posted by: Glyn
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The idea behind software like that is that you
> can't find a way around it
>
> It makes jobs like mine a hell of a lot easier...

No, the idea behind software like that is to set a challenge for the students :)

Date: September 23, 2004 08:12PM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah and they think it makes them cool to and they just mess it up, infact they actually end up @#$%& the system up so that those who need to use it to do vital coursework or otherwise, cant. or that was what happened in my exerience

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy