Fox hunting banned

Posted by DaveEllis 
Fox hunting banned
Date: September 15, 2004 07:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Finnaly! Took them long enough to get it banned!

How the hunters can sleepat night and even think about calling it a sport is beyond me.Sooner the ban goes through the better

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Fox hunting banned
Date: September 15, 2004 07:16PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Makes me laugh that they think that invading the House of Commons will somehow help their cause.

Pathetic.

Good ban too!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 15, 2004 07:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yay!

i was watching the bbc news earlier and saw a family with 2 or 3 young kids who were all painting placards which said "We Love Hunting" etc etc.

then they interviewed the mother and she said "We love hunting, its a great sport. What better way to spend time with your family and kids every saturday?"

i thought "what the fock!!? Are you SERIOUS. you can't find anything better to do with your kids?"

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 15, 2004 07:46PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Personally, I think we should legalise hunting the hunters
Date: September 15, 2004 07:49PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
To be fair this could backfire especially towards farmers.

By hunting they kept the population of foxs down, but now the population can increase allowing farmers crops to be invaded by more and more foxs and livestock being killed by foxs too.

Anyhoo fox hunting stillhas a 2 year phase out remember so its not baned as of now :P

Just my 2 cents.

Date: September 15, 2004 07:53PM
By hunting they kept the population of foxs down

There are humain ways of keeping the fox population under control

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2004 07:53PM by DaveEllis.
Date: September 15, 2004 07:55PM
How do you keep the population down without killing?

Date: September 15, 2004 07:56PM
Posted by: ralphi
CONDOME's... (spelling?!:S)

Date: September 15, 2004 07:57PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
give em mini condoms :P

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 15, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: matthewp
you still kill them but as Dave says, in a more humane way rather than chasing them for a long period then being brutally killed by dogs

Posted by: _tux_
i just reported ure first post by accident ellis! YAY :D
Posted by: skel
In my opinion, i don't think they should ban it. I personally don't like the idea of hunting, but I also don't think we should force our opinions on others. Thats what causes conflicts in the first place.

What if they said they were gonna ban violent video games, then quite a few people would be pretty peeved. It could well be next, so stop jumping on the bandwagon. If it doesn't affect you, its ok to have an opinion, but why do you have the right to force your opinion on others?

-------------------------------------------------------
SKEL

You can accuse a person of just about anything and get away with it, as long as you don't call them a lousy lover or bad driver. -Jackie Stewart
Date: September 15, 2004 08:00PM
We live in a democracy.

A ban on Fox Hunting was in the Labour Manifesto.

There have been various votes on this in favour of a ban.

Public opinion is in favour of a ban.

We are not, IMO, imposing our opinion on others, we are mearly carrying out a promise to the electorate and reacting to public opinion, something that politicians are often criticised for not doing....

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 15, 2004 08:01PM

Posted by: 97kirkc (IP Logged)
Date: September 15, 2004 07:55PM

How do you keep the population down without killing?

Matt has explained as well as i can. If you are going tokeep the population down, have the foxs killed in the way which cause's least pain, not the one which allows dogs to rip there head off in the meaning of "fun"

If it doesn't affect you, its ok to have an opinion, but why do you have the right to force your opinion on others?

Because the fox's are unable to do it for themselves.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 15, 2004 08:02PM
Violent video games don't physically kill people, or anything else for that matter. It takes a disturbed individual, beyond societal boundaries, to kill another person.

The foxes, on the other hand, ARE physically killed by the hounds. There need not be anything that is disturbed.
Date: September 15, 2004 08:04PM
Posted by: _tux_
i agree with skel.

i hate it when people force there opinions on others when it doesnt affect them at all
Date: September 15, 2004 08:08PM
Posted by: skel
this is one crazy thing about so called 'democracy'. Everyone gets their say, but all you really get is your choice of someone elses choices. Its like having to choose one of a selection of crap computers, each with a slightly different spec.

The reason why they've banned hunting is to help them for the elections. Its simply a way to get them more votes, and tbh, its hardly a big issue. If it wasn't "solved" who would it affect? no one, because nothing would change. All this does is cause conflict.

SKEL

You can accuse a person of just about anything and get away with it, as long as you don't call them a lousy lover or bad driver. -Jackie Stewart
Date: September 15, 2004 08:12PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Because the fox's are unable to do it for
> themselves.
>

you were saying? :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2004 08:12PM by 97kirkc.
Date: September 15, 2004 08:12PM
I think Labour are in danger of losing votes because of this than gain them, tbh.

The vast majority of opinion called for a ban, so there is little swaying of opinion or votes in this case. The votes lost will be country folk who voted Labour and will now switch to the pro Hunting Tories.

I always say that there is more to politics than Tuition Fees, Hunting and Iraq, and it is fundamental issues such as schools and education that will have the final say on how people vote

RedSam

Date: September 15, 2004 08:15PM
Yeah, absolutely. Labour voters weren't going to turn away from the party just becuase they could have delayed the ban for a couple more years, but some will turn away for imposing the ban.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy