GCSE Results!

Posted by technofearrock 
Re: GCSE Results!
Date: August 26, 2004 01:59PM
Posted by: broders
lol last time i heard, i ithnk they were...

maths, im working at a B level, im predicted a B , i need to get my ass into gear to try and get that A :)

graphics predicted D, bah, most boring lesson ever :| , but im gonna work at it cause im not going to be happy with a D :p

French a C, quite happy at that :)

erm, english is an a/b i tihnk :s

science is a/b

GNVQ ICT im working at a merit level, close to distinction (you get no D's or below for this, its either pass and 4 A-C's or fail and nothing, no D's or below)

but its the holidays right now, just one week left of the 6, so i cant really remember greatly :) so thats what i tihnk my predications are, other subjects i have no idea, dont tihnk i get GCSE's in the other subjects i do (like RE, PSE, PE, but ill find out for deffinate what my predictions are when i go back to school after my work experience :)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2004 02:00PM by broders.
Date: August 26, 2004 02:17PM
Posted by: markko
I was 8 marks of Distinction, they marked it down during moderating, infact they marked it down 24 marks :|
Date: August 26, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
When i did my GNVQ ICT i was 8 marks away from Distinction too. :(

Oh well.

Date: August 26, 2004 02:37PM
Posted by: chet
I got a distinction in GNVQ ICT :) 2 A*'s and 2 A's YES!

But all the rest C's, except French where i got a F :P

In the french exam i described all the French i know - A lap around Monaco with Jenson Button, it was his 2004 lap :).

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 26, 2004 02:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
wow GCSE's, i remember them.........

6 years ago.

7 B's
3 C's

then Distinction in Advanced Science GNVQ

(failed 1 year at college before doing the GNVQ, got a U in Geography, N in Physics, and a D in IT :):) made me realise that i MUST work harder than I did at school, and not piss around all day)

now graduated from uni with a 2:1.

good luck everyone.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 26, 2004 03:42PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
have to do mine next year and am predicted

9 A*'s: Maths, statistics, Science (Triple), Business Studies, RE,English Language and Literature.
2 A's: Graphic Products, ICT
1 B: French
Date: August 26, 2004 04:08PM
Posted by: technofearrock
OK, sorry I'm late, forgot about my own thread! :(

Anyway, results:

Biology = C
Chemistry = A
Graphics = E (This was the 'certain' U btw Haggis and that's basically what I went into the exam with so I decided not to put too much effort in cos I wunt get owt from it!)
English = A
English Lit. = B
French = B
Geography = C
History = B
Mathematics = A
Physics = B
RE = C

To anybody taking there GCSEs next year, do some work, admittedly you can get good results with little work and revision (like me, tho the E was no work and dint try on the exam) but consider that if I'd put more effort in i could have had A and A*s across the board, I'm still pleased though considering :). Well done everybody!

Date: August 26, 2004 04:42PM
Posted by: Glyn
I remember biting my nails down before getting my results 4 years ago... very nerve racking :)

Congrats to everyone by the way!

Date: August 26, 2004 08:41PM
i remember going for the results one morning 6 years ago.

all the girls were being very over-dramatic, jumping around and hugging everyone, and crying and stuff.

the lads were just like "what you get? cool, seeya later".

Date: August 26, 2004 09:47PM
Posted by: The_unamed_Starfish
lol - typical. the joys of havin a gf hu just went in picked em up and wlked out

Quote of The Week: "Rearrange these words: Fuk and Off. No Sorry, Off, Fuk" (Attrib: Me)

Music Track of the week: Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Date: August 27, 2004 12:07AM
Posted by: Red Sam
well done everyone! :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 27, 2004 01:09AM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> all the girls were being very over-dramatic,
> jumping around and hugging everyone, and crying
> and stuff.
>
> the lads were just like "what you get? cool, seeya
> later".

The lads should have taken there chance ;)

Anyway, well done guys - you all seem to have done rather well :)

My sister got 3 Bs and 4 Cs, but it was all so much harder 8 years back ;)
Date: August 27, 2004 09:56AM
Posted by: Vader
I did the equivalent to the GCSE in 1987 - 17 years ago. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 27, 2004 12:46PM
Posted by: MrMan
Ah I feel like a dumbass posting here, I got no A's! :( but am happy...

U: Graphics - failed that before i went in, got summat like 24 out of 103 in project work. Ooops!
2 D's: Business Studies and Biology. Ah teacher had no clue in Business Studies.
5 C's: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and Welsh Literature. Am happy with all of them seen as in all but maths highest i could get was a C.
4 B's: Engligh Language and Literature, History and Welsh Language. Ooo never had B's in proper exams before! Waiting years for one and four come along at the same time.

All in all am thrilled! Off to 6th form now! Yay!

Ciaran
Date: August 27, 2004 07:13PM
don't be upset MrMan. i didn't get any A's either, but here i am 6 years later having graduated from Uni.

Date: August 27, 2004 08:54PM
Posted by: Glyn
The highest grade I got was a B in IT. After that when you've gone to college and maybe Uni, GCSE's don't really count for anything because you have a much higher qualification in an area you want to be in.

A's, B's and C's are by no means bad grades. In fact, when you consider the grading goes down to G, they are very good!

Date: August 27, 2004 09:27PM
Posted by: Red Sam
GCSEs are still important at times. University of Kent wont accept people unless they have a GCSE English Language (or equiv), and need maths too for numerical degrees.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 29, 2004 01:42AM
Posted by: Orpheus
all bull*s in 5 years. as long as u get wot course u want to get then ur results dont matter do they!? no one will decide whether you get a job or not on examinations you did when you were a 15/16 year old.
i got my equivalent of A-levels last week and got into Uni and whether i got 6 As or 6 Cs it doesnt matter, in 10 years both records will only say 6 honours. What you think is a big deal will be all forgotten in 2 years anyway so ppl who are worrying quit worrying!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2004 01:55AM by Orpheus.
Date: August 29, 2004 01:45AM
Posted by: sasjag
well done to everyon!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 29, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: harjinator
I got 6A*s, 3A s and a B.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy