Anyone here in a band?

Posted by The Lopper 
Anyone here in a band?
Date: August 03, 2004 08:54PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Anyone here in some form of band, from a jammin group to world famous rockstars?

We'd fit into the very bottom rung of the ladder, just a few jamming sessions, no gigs, not even a bass guitarist at the mo (our bassist quit!). But we have big plans. Well, our enthusiastic(ie., demented) drummer reckons we'll be touring America by February. I am not so optimistic. But we will give it our best shot anyway.

Our name? Best to remember it, just in case we do reach the top.....

Well, it is original....
Re: Anyone here in a band?
Date: August 03, 2004 09:11PM
Posted by: broders
ahhh good luck with your band Owen :)

what kind of music do you play?

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 03, 2004 09:12PM
Posted by: sasjag
My band is called Imation CDR 74m 650 MB....have you seen our CD's?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 03, 2004 09:27PM
Interesting name, probably why ye don't get much airtime, too long for a dj to say :)

We had some originals done, some punk, others a bit lighter, but our drummer(Jazzer, Metallica head, is one some Metallica forum, someone might know him) said we should do covers first ;( , so at the mo we're doing some Nirvana, Pixies, White Stripes, The Revs, and of course, a bit of Metallica.
Date: August 03, 2004 11:36PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm in a couple of jazz bands. I was playing at a competition in London a few weeks back, and we won, so I'm going to the Royal Albert Hall in November! Should be fun!

Date: August 04, 2004 12:40AM
Posted by: mortal
One time in band camp......

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 04, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: gav
Every yeah at the end of the school term (I'm an IT Tech) we write a song for the year 8s... that's usually all I do now, so no, not really a band.

Used to 'play' a bit of electric guitar and sometimes the keyboards.

LOL @ Sim!
Date: August 04, 2004 01:36AM
Posted by: bazza
I'm in a pipe band.

see my sig
Date: August 04, 2004 12:38PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
i play lead guitar :P
trying to get a band together
play rock i.e. kiss
OOo ask Hendrik
He is my rhythm guitarist
in our band called Illegal :)
Date: August 04, 2004 02:30PM
Posted by: lemans_freaK
I'm in my own Acoustic Band - Members - Andrew Ainscow . I don't have a singer , drummer ...........

I should get Meg White for drums !
I should get Gwen Stefani on vocals!
And Jennifer Aniston , Heidi Klum , Heather Loclear , Anna Kournikova ,
Miss Jackie , Claudia Schiffer , .............etc.....................

Just to look good...

Heehee....
:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2004 04:07PM by lemans_freaK.
Date: August 04, 2004 07:19PM
I already have Miss Kournikova booked, for, um, tennis lessons. Never knew she played tennis till she rang me.....
Date: August 04, 2004 07:48PM
Posted by: Vader
Long time bass player, guitarist, vocalist, now even keyboard player, songwriter, etc. I hadd a couple of bands, unfortunately it's not easy to find the right kind of people. I either had people and no room or a room and no people.

Most musicians around here are very focussed on what's hip, that means they only start playing a certain kind of music when they hear it on MTV. I did write goth metal songs long before HIM or The 69 Eyes, unfortunately back then no one was interested in that kind of music. Now there are so many wannabe-goths around that it makes me sick.

The kind of music I write myself is very diverse - like my own musicla taste. It can vary from good ol'school New York-style Hardcore, black metal, goth metal, industrial, noisecore, ambient, blues, symphonic attempts, etc ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 06, 2004 10:54PM
Ya, i hate that, everybody is expected to act to what some famous person thinks is cool. Thats why Nirvana were going to call Nevermind "Sheep", it was a slag at the mindless MTV generation. And if you try to be different you are laughed at. But i don't care. I'm still the only male over 10 that wears shorts in North Munster. Cept for the skater/surfers down the road in Boher, who seem to have and endless supply of weird and wicked shorts....

Anyways, when i am making music, i often just take the best bits of songs that i've heard, the bits i really like, they could be anything from Thrash Metal to Traditional Irish, and put them into the music that i create.
Every song i try to make it different. I can understand why some bands would have a good formula for one song, so they might try to do something similar for the next. But that makes music monotonous.
This is why I don't like metal bands like AC/DC or Megadeath, to name two random bands that i have listened to. I find that the that its the same thing over and over, and that its always L-O-U-D. Now i don't mind loud music, but there is a power in quiet too. And thats why I love Nirvana. The next track will always be different. Metallica too can have some quiet songs mixed in the roar.
Date: August 06, 2004 11:33PM
Posted by: LS.
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm in a couple of jazz bands. I was playing at a
> competition in London a few weeks back, and we
> won, so I'm going to the Royal Albert Hall in
> November! Should be fun!
>
>

Blimey for a minute there i thought you said you were in a couple of Jazz Mags !!!

;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 07, 2004 01:54AM
Posted by: Zcott
Well, that's my other occupation......... ;)

Date: August 07, 2004 11:29AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yes bazza - you're ONLY the World Champions two years running! :P

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy