should I feel sorry?

Posted by anze89 
should I feel sorry?
Date: August 02, 2004 12:09PM
Posted by: anze89
sister of my ex schoolmate (we were in the same class for all classes, we just finished the last class and I hate him) died in a bus crash and I don't even feel sorry for him (maybe because I hate him), is this normal or is something wrong with me?

Re: should I feel sorry?
Date: August 02, 2004 12:13PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
im not shrink or nething but its human instinct happens in the animal world, people react in different ways for differnet reasons
Date: August 02, 2004 12:35PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
As SpaceAce more or less said: It's called being human.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 02, 2004 01:44PM
Posted by: senninho
Yeah, it's hard to be remorseful towards someone you don't normally have positive feelings for. When my grandad died, we didn't actually do much about it, simply because he had disowned my dad years before and moved off to France - we only found out he'd died because another family member happened to try and track him down.

It's not unusual, so i wouldn't feel guilty.

Date: August 02, 2004 05:21PM
Posted by: Morbid
I would say that if you are on the verge of feeling guilty because you do not feel sorry, then you are not really giving room to the feelings that you real do have. If that is so, then don't worry. We all handling feelings differently (especially those that are invoked by strong events!), and there is always a reason for it too.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 02, 2004 09:16PM
Posted by: Truely Mikey
i know its not the same but when people hurt themselves (not very seriously) i usually laugh! im well evil - i think they call that being SADISTIC

'And theres the barrichello wobble'- Martin Brundle
Foo Fighters 10th Anniversary - 17/10/04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 09:17PM by Truely Mikey.
Date: August 02, 2004 09:19PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Nah, don't worry, its normal. But don't dance on his front lawn in your boxers and laughing at him, that might be disrespectful
Date: August 02, 2004 09:19PM
Posted by: Vader
I think they call it IMMATURE or Jackass fan. ;)

You'd be a sadist if you took pleasure in actively hurting others. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 02, 2004 10:45PM
Posted by: FRESCO
i heard that a girl in my form had cancer about 5 months ago, i had only ever talked to her once, and i didn't care she had cancer.

i wondered if i shudda cared like u r now, i didnt want her to die or ought, just didnt feel any sympathy 4 her.

Date: August 02, 2004 11:31PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Woman who works full-time where i work part-time was off work ill, I didn't give a @#$%& because she is a condescending and annoying bitch. Then I found out she had cancer and I just hoped she would be ok, not something I would wish upon anybody, my mum had it when she was pregnant with me and died a couple of months after i was born.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 02, 2004 11:45PM
Posted by: matthewp
sorry to hear that Haggis :(
My mother had cancer a few years ago but was fortunate enough to survive.

Date: August 02, 2004 11:49PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Ouch. :(

Cancer must be more common that i thought :-\. My mum died a few years ago (6 now :-|) and my gran a couple of years before that, both from Cancer.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2004 11:59PM
Posted by: sasjag
:( luckily no one in my family has had cancer, altho my girlfriends mom died of it 9yrs ago :(

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 03, 2004 12:07AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
1 in 10 people in the UK have a form of cancer apparently if you want something to scale by :(

The really scarey way of making that statistic hit you is to have 10 friends in a room and just making yourself think that 1 of them might have cancer and that when it really hit me, thankfully i dont know anyone to suffer from it yet.

Date: August 03, 2004 12:27AM
Posted by: sasjag
that is scary. especially if u take this forum asan example. say 1000 ppl are from the UK, that means around 100 of them may suffer from it :(

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 03, 2004 01:42AM
Posted by: ZaZ
i never know how to react in those situations. when somebody dies, i can't help it, but i have to smile.
not really laughing, but just smile alot. and laugh quietly.
it's not that i think it is rally funny, but it just happens and i can't help it.
my family knows, and don't make an issue of it at funerals because i'm not like HA-HA-HA! and stuff. it first happened when i saw somebody die live, and for a while i thought it's was an error in my head or something :) made me a bit insecure, but now it doesn't bother me.
if people die that i don't like then i don't feel anything about it.
not that i think "yeah.. it's good he's dead!" i just don't care. it means nothing to me.
and yup cancer is common. my dad died from it too. then i smiled less, but still i smiled. :/
some close relatives died from it, and a friend has it, so i just hope that we'll find a cure for it within 10 years.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: August 03, 2004 01:51AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
People grieve in different ways, it's all a bit weird. I used to have trouble because I felt guilty that I didn't really feel sad or mourn my mum. Obviously since I was a baby at the time, I never knew her & so didn't have the emotional attatchment. Like I can talk about it all as normal and not feel upset in the slightest. Used to make me feel really guilty but i've stopped beating myself up about it now. Would liked to have known her.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 03, 2004 02:04AM
every home has their own shite. i don't think (except a few lucky ones) there are many people that haven't gone through nasty situations.
deaths, divorces, diseases. all are horrific in their own ways. and don't underestimate divorces btw.. i saw quite a few people with totally wrecked personalities because of a divorce.
i wanted to make things up with my pa for all the @#$%& i have put him through, and when i was mature enough to make it up, he died.
but it keeps the flame burning eh? :)

Date: August 03, 2004 02:10AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
1 in 10 people in the UK have a form of cancer apparently if you want something to scale by

The really scarey way of making that statistic hit you is to have 10 friends in a room and just making yourself think that 1 of them might have cancer and that when it really hit me, thankfully i dont know anyone to suffer from it yet.

I've had 2 (relatives, rather than friends), so i hope thats me done for the rest of my life :-|

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2004 02:19AM
the chance you die is about 100% so i wouldn't worry about it too much ;)

i'm not if i should post it here, but i know a funny story about my dads death.
the day we buried him and old colleague/friend called and didn't know he was dead.
i answered the phone without telling her wat the situation was, and she said she wanted to meet him out of curiousity how life was at the moment.
and i said "haha you're a bit too late.. we buried him this afternoon!" and she started to cry hysterically, and i got scared and gave my sis the phone.
i gave the poor ladie a trauma and she kept apologising over and over and send postcards to support our loss and her 'stupid' call.
no one blamed her of course.. she just felt guilty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy