SAVE OUR MATT

Posted by black_rose 
Re: SAVE OUR MATT
Date: August 02, 2004 12:45PM
Posted by: mortal
Ok, perhaps matt has forgotton my pm asking for some restraint, I forget exactly the content and even if I could remember, it is not for public consumption anyway. The purpose of this thread as originated by black_rose was to have matt re-instated as a member of this community. Now I did what I could as a forum moderator and pm'd admin to do that. I put my neck on the block for matt even though many users pm'd me and literally begged me to have him banned as they had had enough of his childish antics. I pm'd admin and pleaded your case. As I said earlier in this thread wether or not admin restores your original account is their choice. The purpose of this thread is not to continue to flame users for perceived slights or wether or not you agree if you received warnings. Did you not read my earlier post in this thread? For your information matt, there are days when being a mod is not a good job, when it is not what it is cracked up to be, when users complain about other users, when you are trying to diplomatically juggle from one to the other trying to keep things together, when you stick your neck out. Sometimes I log in here to be greeted by a flood of pm's. Just ask marrko how tough this job is, all I ask is for people to show a little restraint, to play nicely, to show some respect for other peoples point of view. Just having to make this post is distasteful enough, don't make me close the thread. If you wish to continue your discussion and/or flame each other please use the pm service. That's all.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2004 12:46PM
Posted by: Morbid
Stop slinking about. You are are belittling your own actions!

I distinctly remember mods chasing around the forum, deleting your abusive posts when things got hot. I remember your responses even if they are deleted now.

If you really want to stay here, start realising that you DO NOT own this site. Someone else does. You OWN your actions. If you put distance to them and deny the past, it bodes ill for the future. It also bodes ill that immediately upon your return from being banned, you start dishing out advice to well repsected, (almost) founding members of this community and ex-mods about how THEY should behave here. Talk about irony, how the deaf want to give advice to the musician...

It also bodes ill that you deny all the red flags people raised in front of you. They may have pissed you off, but if you used your head a bit more, you would be able to see that it was people trying to help you NOT to get banned and NOT to get into trouble. Perhaps you will see it now, perhaps you won't.

Size up and take ownership for your actions, both for past, present and future. No one is forcing your hand. It was and still is your choices.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 12:46PM by Morbid.
Date: August 02, 2004 12:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
dont you think that it would be common curtisy to have some sort of formal warning,

Not really. There is no set rules which say "you will recive x ammount of warnings" or anything like that. If you annoyed people with spam you dont need warnings, you shouldnt be doing it anyway.

Now, you can keep arguing till your blue in the face. But you were banned because you pissed people off. Warning or not, thats how it happened. you can take this personally like you have taken every comment personally, or you can stop pissing people off.

the only time i have spammed is the threads i made. i have a joke with gui occasionally cause this is the community place.

Your thread or not, doesnt mater. Regular members dont want to jave to wade through crap to get to decent posts. You have inside jokes with gui, which nobody else cares about, or gets since its clearly an insider joke. It isnt interesting to the community, it isnt funny to the community and it isnt relevent to the community. If it was any of those 3 thinds i wouldnt call it spam, but since it was useless to everyone but you and gui, it was effectivly an MSN session, for which you can use PMs if you dont want to MSN it.

At least when others have a one to one convo, like Vader and Chunter did in the F1 section, its interesting. In there case, it was about the hockenhiem camping and race which i enjoyed reading.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2004 12:55PM
Posted by: Vader
You had your warning. I have a copy of a Personal Message mortalwombat did send to you (and also send to other mods) where he warned you to stop spamming or other actions would have to be taken. You have also been warned not to flame newbies and you kept on doing it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 02, 2004 01:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"and about my sig: it's not sex its plastic"

ROFL zaz thats great, it can be attributed to so many different cases ;)

amen to what morbid and the rest have said. In essence (and less words ;-)) this is a community forum, we dont normally need formal warmings - the warnings from the members about your actions should have been enough. in this case they werent so mortalwombat sent you a formal warning (i.e. a pm) and as that wasnt enough you were temporarily banned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy