2 Quick Internet Settings Question...

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
2 Quick Internet Settings Question...
Date: August 02, 2004 12:34PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
1. Whenever I connect to the internet, I get a yellow notification box that appears from the taskbar telling me that my internet connection is now active. How can I turn this notification off? I've done it before, but I can't remember how.

2. When I want to disconnect from the internet, I close all internet explorer windows, and an auto-disconnect box used to appear, where I'd have the option to either stay connected or to disconnect. That box no longer appears for some reason, so I have to disconnect another way. How can I get the auto-disconnect box to appear again?

Thanks in advance.

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 12:58PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Re: 2 Quick Internet Settings Question...
Date: August 02, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i cant really help but it would be useful to know what programs ur using as ISPs and if you're on broadband or dialup
Re: Quick Internet Settings Question...
Date: August 02, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: mortal
start menu/taskbar ? maybe

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2004 01:40PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
pull out the modem and smash it on the ground to disconnect

Date: August 02, 2004 01:48PM
Posted by: _tux_
the box in teh system trayshowing ure connected is good especially with 56k...

right click the connection and properties. untick show in system tray.

then somewhere else in the properties. tick "disconnect if idle for...." and select a time frame
Date: August 02, 2004 01:50PM
Posted by: senninho
Assuming it's Windows 2k or XP (which it sounds like)...

1. Whenever I connect to the internet, I get a yellow notification box that appears from the taskbar telling me that my internet connection is now active. How can I turn this notification off? I've done it before, but I can't remember how.
Go into the properties of your connection - There's a tickbox called 'Show icon in notification area when connected - this will get rid of your icon for the connection itself, but should stop the box appearing. Other than that, you may wish to play around with the general Notification settings.

2. When I want to disconnect from the internet, I close all internet explorer windows, and an auto-disconnect box used to appear, where I'd have the option to either stay connected or to disconnect. That box no longer appears for some reason, so I have to disconnect another way. How can I get the auto-disconnect box to appear again?
This one will be in Internet Options - go to the Connections tab, select Settings for your connection and then Advanced - i do believe you need to tick 'Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed'.

HTH ;)

Date: August 02, 2004 01:51PM
Posted by: senninho
Damn your shorter (and therefore quicker) posting, Tux! ;)

Date: August 02, 2004 03:01PM
Posted by: _tux_
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy