Re: The movie Grand Prix
Date: July 01, 2004 06:35PM
Posted by: Vader
JonVic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL at this thread, i bet everyone here downloads
> films and clips off the net so we are all guilty
> of it, why anyone is stressing about copyright is
> beyond me you know you all breach it ...
>

I don't deny the fact hat we all do it. It is just a fact that the admin of this site has explicitely stated he does not want to have discussions about piracy stuff in here because it endangers the forum. What we all do outside of the forum is another thing. Just dont talk about it in here. We can exchange links and files at MSN or over enail, ftp servers or whatnot until the telephone wires glow, but we don't talk about it in here. It's quite simple, isn't it? I think we should respect the wish of the admins becaus ehe's the one who can pull the plug and close the forum.

@ rapid

Did you read my post? Home taping is technically illegal, too but actually tolerated, so you don't need to ask for permission.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 01, 2004 06:41PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
well vader whether its technically illegal or fully illegal its still illegal :)

but as you say thers another time and place for this chat, not on this forum :)

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2004 06:42PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 01, 2004 07:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
It's less "illegal" than downloading the movie.

lol at this thread!

its like saying manslaughter is less illegal than murder!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2004 08:09PM
Posted by: JonVic
Vader all i said was that i download some stuff and you have just admitted that you do too, so what have i said that you have not just said yourself.....nothing, so if i am not respecting the admins then you are not either....

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: July 01, 2004 08:25PM
I did not intend to attack you JonVic, I was just trying to explain my motives. I didn't say you were not respecting the admins. I just tried to point out that posting links to illegal download sources would be not tolerated in here. So my posts were not directed at you. So far all that has been said in here was alright.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 01, 2004 08:35PM
Posted by: JonVic
oh i see i thought you meant me... ok:)

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: July 01, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> No, buy it on DVD instead.
>
> You'd be goddam lucky, it ain't out on DVD, I've
> been trying to get it for years now, no where has
> a video in stock and a DVD hasn't been made...
>
> __________________________________________________
>
> Ian
>
>
> Fry You Guys are forgetting tho, Blood is thicker
> than water
> Dr. Zoidberg Blood... THICKER!!! Water.....

I found it on DVD :) Many many stores, but here in the US. I searched online, and even posted a link a while ago! Look for the last Grand Prix movie thread!
Date: July 01, 2004 09:27PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
that thread you posted had the making of grand prix I think

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 01, 2004 09:57PM
Amazon.com has the VHS in stock for $17.99 (used 12.99)

[www.amazon.com]

It says the following about the DVD version:

Grand Prix (1966)

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 01, 2004 11:22PM
close enough Ian :P
Date: July 02, 2004 12:28AM
Posted by: Orpheus
It says the following about the DVD version:

Grand Prix (1966)

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

so thats ive heard nothing about my order at virgin megastore in over 2 years.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: July 02, 2004 01:26AM
honestly, I think getting the making of is better, as the movie sucks :)
Ah, and just to go back to the itchy feely talk on downloads, only thing I used to download were videoclips, but I have stopped a long time ago, since the new bands stink ;)

Ah, it is much better to buy the original...it's just a good feeling, also, you help the company saying that what you bought was a good product, and more good products like that are worth to be made, since there will be people willing to purchase them.

Felt great when after so long, I finally managed to get myself a copy of Grand Prix Legends :)
Date: July 02, 2004 02:10AM
The making of is completely useless. There is just like 15 minutes irrelevant stuff about the movie and a poor clip collection for a another 80 minutes. Most of the stuff is pretty morbid anyway - who wants to see dying drivers being pulled out of burning cars? If you really need that stuff, go and download it somewhere for free, but don't spend money on the making of.

Coming to think of it, better don't spend money on the movie, either. IMO it is completely hyped. The story is so full of clichés and so very sesquipedalian that you wonder why it does not ooze out of your TV set. James Garner has certainly done way better movies. The racing scenes are okay, but not enough to compensate me for that excuse of a plot. :s Basically it's like Driven, just without digital FX. If it wasn't for the racing footage this movie would get -3 stars out of 5. So it gets 1 star from me.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2004 02:12AM by Vader.
Date: July 02, 2004 02:12AM
Posted by: andrew_S
there was a few good images of the filming in motorsport mag a while back, some amazing cameras, as you can imagine, lol

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 02, 2004 08:38AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Gui did you not read the earlier post about how it was known that the making of was on DVD, but not the movie? therefore 'close enough' brings us nowhere nearer to where we were before...
Date: July 02, 2004 09:00AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> Gui did you not read the earlier post about how it
> was known that the making of was on DVD, but not
> the movie? therefore 'close enough' brings us
> nowhere nearer to where we were before...
>
> --Mika
>
>

Not really :P Was already too many things written, hehe. Anyways, the movie isn't worth 1/2 the effort put in here already!!
Date: July 02, 2004 09:46AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Basically it's like
> Driven, just without digital FX. If it wasn't for
> the racing footage this movie would get -3 stars
> out of 5. So it gets 1 star from me.

eh god man! can anything be as bad as driven? if i met the director and the writers for driven i would punch them in the face, and tell them to never ever make movies again

Date: July 02, 2004 03:13PM
I find it very interesting how random up and down shifting works like a turbo boost in the movie. :s

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 02, 2004 03:18PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Days of Thunder was quite a pathetic motorsports movie also

I remember how F1 was pissed off at Sly for dumping the F1 idea and going to CART. After seeing the movie, thank god

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 02, 2004 03:23PM
I thought the FIA had said "no way" after reading the first drafts and Sly had to go to CART. Also CART licenses will have been way cheaper than the F1 ones.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy